FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The walking Dead - TV series

metalfreek
I have been watching this TV series "The Walking Dead" and its really really good. At first it might seem like another zombie movie/series but its really good. What do you guys think about this series?
deanhills
I didn't get past the first episode but now that you mention that there may be something to it, will check it out again.
Very Happy
Josso
Seems good to me although season 2 they really haven't been doing much moving about it's sort of like wheres the zombies at?
metalfreek
Josso wrote:
Seems good to me although season 2 they really haven't been doing much moving about it's sort of like wheres the zombies at?

Turns out you are right. I have just started watching season 2 and its really really slow. I mean no excitement or new adventure at all. Looks like its getting worse. Oh no! Sad
menino
I just started watching it since a last few weeks, and I find it interesting.

I think some of it is copied from a lot of old zombie movies out there, but its still good entertainment, I think.

There are a LOT of zombie movies out there anyways, and maybe its good to have it as a serial, to see where it goes.

Some parts are downright scary, and others are a lot of gore, but its still entertaining.

But most episodes keep me on the edge of my seat.
silverdown
yea i seen it on tv being advertised, maybe ill dvr it and checkit out sense someone thinks it worth it Laughing , thanks for sharing
caroline953
No doubt the walking dead is pretty good. In fact overall it is the most realistic zombie movie/series ever seen. Great writing makes the characters relatable. But i have watched two episode of season two and I could not found any adventure till now.
alvarorojas4
I start to saw it the last week. IS AMAZING i will reccomend it to everyone Smile
Josso
metalfreek wrote:
Josso wrote:

Turns out you are right. I have just started watching season 2 and its really really slow. I mean no excitement or new adventure at all. Looks like its getting worse. Oh no! Sad

Just watched... episode 6 I think, THEY ARE STILL AT THAT FARM LOL. Let me clarify: I'm not usually into zombie films/series but walking dead is actually pretty good in my opinion - they obviously have taken a chance and thought with this season that they would focus on developing the characters a little bit more but I thought it was so god damn cool when they went into the city on the last season I thought you got a really nice sense of dread that you should have (like on 28DL) on these things. The main reason I watched it is for the travelling and the quest for answers/safety - the constant movement made it very interesting because you'd always have a change of scene. Now it's been reduced the the level of any old soap/drama that just happens to have a few zombies lying about - season two has made me hate basically every character apart from dale and the asian kid.

My conclusion:
Season 1 - epic, would recommend the watch even if you aren't a big fan of zombie stuff
Season 2 - watch it if you are really into the series by the end of season 1
Season 3 - BETTER MAKE UP FOR SEASON 2, double the action as one? That would be nice.
metalfreek
Josso wrote:
metalfreek wrote:
Josso wrote:

Just watched... episode 6 I think, THEY ARE STILL AT THAT FARM LOL. Let me clarify: I'm not usually into zombie films/series but walking dead is actually pretty good in my opinion - they obviously have taken a chance and thought with this season that they would focus on developing the characters a little bit more but I thought it was so god damn cool when they went into the city on the last season I thought you got a really nice sense of dread that you should have (like on 28DL) on these things. The main reason I watched it is for the travelling and the quest for answers/safety - the constant movement made it very interesting because you'd always have a change of scene. Now it's been reduced the the level of any old soap/drama that just happens to have a few zombies lying about - season two has made me hate basically every character apart from dale and the asian kid.

My conclusion:
Season 1 - epic, would recommend the watch even if you aren't a big fan of zombie stuff
Season 3 - BETTER MAKE UP FOR SEASON 2, double the action as one? That would be nice.

Oh no they are still at farm on episode 6???? This is turning out to be the worse season. Season 1 was so exciting and adventurous.

Quote:
My conclusion:

Totally agree on that one.
nepalstar
metalfreek wrote:
I have been watching this TV series "The Walking Dead" and its really really good. At first it might seem like another zombie movie/series but its really good. What do you guys think about this series?

In which Channel this serial is broadcasting...? I live in Nepal, South East Asia. I really wish to watch this serial...!
metalfreek
nepalstar wrote:
metalfreek wrote:

In which Channel this serial is broadcasting...? I live in Nepal, South East Asia. I really wish to watch this serial...!

You will be able to see this serial on Star World. It was broadcasted in Star world last time.
Mrs Lycos
It seems the new tendency in fims now is dramas with sci-fi / horror background. This is what the walking dead has turn into, like Falling skies, or more recent films, like "the other earth".

Perhaps they think they can attract people who are into the genre (sci-fi or horror) and others who like drama, and still keep it in a low budget. They wouldn't spend so much in special effects, because only a few scenes are really with zombies, or aliens, or whatever-.

It gets too boring for lovers of the genre, but maybe it gets to hook new people to them.
deanhills
Mrs Lycos wrote:
It seems the new tendency in fims now is dramas with sci-fi / horror background. This is what the walking dead has turn into, like Falling skies, or more recent films, like "the other earth".

Perhaps they think they can attract people who are into the genre (sci-fi or horror) and others who like drama, and still keep it in a low budget. They wouldn't spend so much in special effects, because only a few scenes are really with zombies, or aliens, or whatever-.

It gets too boring for lovers of the genre, but maybe it gets to hook new people to them.
Excellent points Mrs Lycos. As well as the vampire movies as a background too for drama type movies. I much rather like a really good action movie such as "The Rock" with Sean Connery and Nicolas Cage. Or history and biography. They probably do come with much larger budgets though, perhaps why there are not that many of them?
suitza
This show is amazing! One of my favourites!

Have to say that im completely hooked on this show. Smile
cynusalisa
Have watched this show many time and I like the show so much................I am a big fan of this show and I ever like to watch this show...............
portoskt
my friend told me this is very good show, but i didnt watch it for now
Josso
Mrs Lycos wrote:

Yeah I think this is a good point here. The other earth was just a drama where they thought ah lets add some sci-fi into this so we get more of an audience.
robin92
how many seasons will they release? does anyone know?
mukesh
metalfreek wrote:

I have no more knowledge about this series but good rating.
evilryu530
good series finale.

I've read the entire comic series and the show's pretty good as well.

Wish that Lori dies soon. she's a b!

Imagine how awesome season 3 will be.

hopefully tyrese gets introduced soon.
menino
evilryu530 wrote:
I've read the entire comic series and the show's pretty good as well.

I didn't know it was based on a comic, but good to know.
I guess some will already know the storyline, and if the comic is popular, then the series might also.

I like the series though, it keeps me on edge most times, and explores the side of people when "the chips are down" sorta thing.
metalfreek
I didn't knew that it came from a comic series. But I will not be reading the comic either. Its fun to wait for the new episode to come. I am really loving this show. Waiting for the last episode in season two now.
IceCreamTruck
OK, I admit to a little "Bottom posting" here, but for good reason, as this is a great show! They are killing me because I haven't seen season 2 yet and I'm wondering when they will make those available, or if there is some way to catch back up. Once it's a complete series I will watch all of it, I'm sure.

Other good series on netflix to watch that are on the level with walking dead: Jericho, Survivors, Breaking Bad, and Persons Unknown. Although it's hard to touch Walking Dead the show Jericho has been doing well for me lately although I am done with all that is offered on Netflix.
metalfreek
IceCreamTruck wrote:
OK, I admit to a little "Bottom posting" here, but for good reason, as this is a great show! They are killing me because I haven't seen season 2 yet and I'm wondering when they will make those available, or if there is some way to catch back up. Once it's a complete series I will watch all of it, I'm sure.

Other good series on netflix to watch that are on the level with walking dead: Jericho, Survivors, Breaking Bad, and Persons Unknown. Although it's hard to touch Walking Dead the show Jericho has been doing well for me lately although I am done with all that is offered on Netflix.

You better start watching season 2 as well. Season two is as good as season one excluding few episodes. I just finished watching the last episode today and overall season 2 was also great. I cannot wait for the new season to come. BTW third season will start in Fall 2012 so wait for that. Ah this is a great show. I will watch this series from start again. Very Happy
Alexduke
Best show since Lost! And I found both shows kind of similar when the group moved into the shelter/hatch at the end of the 1st season.. Hope this show lasts long and not finish suddenly cuz they can't come up with a proper ending.
benjietimogan
Scary
evilryu530
yes it's a very popular comic. the show follows the comics sorta. if you want to get ahead, read the comics. the comics is much better. much more violent, more graphic, and more characters. Lori dies soon. probably in season 3.
IceCreamTruck
evilryu530 wrote:
yes it's a very popular comic. the show follows the comics sorta. if you want to get ahead, read the comics. the comics is much better. much more violent, more graphic, and more characters. Lori dies soon. probably in season 3.

spoilers!
metalfreek
evilryu530 wrote:

Common man that's a big spoiler here.
nguyenvulong
WAITING FOR SEASON 3

The Walking Dead is an American post-apocalyptic horror television series developed for television by Frank Darabont. It is based on the comic book series The Walking Dead by Robert Kirkman, Tony Moore, and Charlie Adlard.
The series stars Andrew Lincoln as Sheriff's Deputy Rick Grimes who wakes up after being in a coma to find the world dominated by "walkers", resembling the zombies of George A. Romero's horror movies. He sets out to find his family and other survivors along the way.
The Walking Dead premiered on October 31, 2010 on the cable television channel AMC in the United States.[1] Based on its reception, AMC renewed the series for a second season of 13 episodes which premiered on October 16, 2011.[2][3] Two episodes into the second season, AMC announced that the show would return for a third season.[4]
The series has been well received by critics,[5][6] and has received many award nominations, including a Writers Guild of America Award nomination and a Golden Globe Award nomination for Best Television Series Drama.[7][8] The series has also attained strong Nielsen ratings, beating various records for a cable series, including receiving 9 million viewers for its season two finale to become the most-watched basic cable drama telecast in history.[9]

Season 3 (20122013)
Main article: The Walking Dead (season 3)
AMC renewed The Walking Dead for a third season on October 25, 2011 after the season two premiere broke cable ratings records in the 1849 demographic.[4] On January 14, 2012, AMC announced that the third season will contain an extended episode order of 16 episodes.[11]
On February 24, 2012, it was announced that David Morrissey had been cast as The Governor,[12] and on March 18, 2012, during Talking Dead, it was revealed that Danai Gurira had been cast as Michonne.[13] Michael Rooker has also confirmed that his character, Merle Dixon, would be returning in season 3.[14] Very Happy Very Happy
Mcfr0st
is there any word on any lost budget between season 2 and the upcoming season 3?

season 1 stood out amongst season 2 because of the budget cut in between, i would hate for it to go even more down hill.
metalfreek
JoseWarner wrote:
metalfreek wrote:

I have not watched the single episode of this show. Please let me know the main story of this show. I wanna know about this show.

The story of this TV series is all about Zombie apocalypse and struggle of a group to survive this troubling situation. This is the theme of the story. Rest you will have to find out yourself by watching the series.
Josso
In conclusion the second season may be a bit slow but it really pays off with the character development and action later on. Couple of weeks until season 3?
metalfreek
Josso wrote:
In conclusion the second season may be a bit slow but it really pays off with the character development and action later on. Couple of weeks until season 3?

Thank you Josso for the update. I didn't knew that it would start in couple of weeks. I will be watching the next season. I am hooked up with this TV series like no other.
Josso
metalfreek wrote:
Josso wrote:

Thank you Josso for the update. I didn't knew that it would start in couple of weeks. I will be watching the next season. I am hooked up with this TV series like no other.

No problem. As I touched on earlier in the thread I think it's the best thing since 28DL (I've seen a LOT of terrible or mediocre zombie stuff). Not sure if that's confirmed because it's the first actual date I found. Something like july 7th or 8th is what I saw.
SFactor123
Yes it is amazing show, there are many similarities between the show and some other zombie apocalypse but I think this show has presented the best and perfect apocalypse. I like the fact that this show is not just horror but there is drama and emotions also in it.
metalfreek
Josso wrote:
metalfreek wrote:
Josso wrote:

No problem. As I touched on earlier in the thread I think it's the best thing since 28DL (I've seen a LOT of terrible or mediocre zombie stuff). Not sure if that's confirmed because it's the first actual date I found. Something like july 7th or 8th is what I saw.

Turns out third season will start from October or November. So, still a long wait for The walking dead lovers.
Josso
Yeah sorry about that guys I was mistaking for breaking bad which turns out to actually be the 15th. Brain must have been fried that day.