FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

SSL install issue

welshsteve
Hi everyone. Totally new to SSL stuff. We are running exchange 2007 and I am trying to install our new SSL certificate.

I have imported the certificate using the Import-ExchangeCertificate command and that all worked absolutely fine.

But I just cannot get it enabled. It keeps telling me the certificate cannot be found. But how can't it be found if I have already imported it?

If I try running this command:

Import-ExchangeCertificate -Path C:\your_domain_name.cer | Enable-ExchangeCertificate -Services "SMTP"

It tells me I can't import it because it already exists.

...and I get the error if I run this command:

Enable-ExchangeCertificate -ThumbPrint [Big long GUID from the certificate file without "BEGIN" and "END" bits] -Services "SMTP"

Is anybody able to help at all? I'm totally stuck, frustrated, angry and racked off. LOL Laughing
menino
You could try the create-exchangecertificate with all the parameters and services again, and reissue the newfound csr to get a new certificate?
Also, I think you have to remove the existing certificate, or the old certificate?
Maybe that there is your problem.

Before you remove the certificate, ensure you take a screenshot of all the existing parameters, incase you need them for reference.

good luck.