FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Harold Camping (He who said that the end is near)

suitza
I readed stuff about the worlds end and I came up with an question. Where is Harold Camping ?
I remember that he dissapeared after the second false prophecy. People gave up their jobs because they believed that the end is near. Very Happy

So I ask you fellow forum people: Does anybody know where is Harold Camping?
Has he dissapeared?
tingkagol
Heard he's recovering from a stroke. But mostly I think he's just sulking somewhere.

That's what happens when people find out that what they have come to believe so strongly is proven to be false. Probably triggered the stroke.
suitza
tingkagol wrote:
Heard he's recovering from a stroke. But mostly I think he's just sulking somewhere.

That's what happens when people find out that what they have come to believe so strongly is proven to be false. Probably triggered the stroke.

Thanks for the info. I was curious about him. It was littlebit too much that he told a prophecy about the world end. I heard that people quit their jobs 'cause they believed that the world is going to end. Very Happy
BigGeek
I have to laugh, anyone that acts on the prediction that the end of the world is coming is obviously a gullible fool. At my age, I laugh every time some nut bag says the world is ending....yeah, it was ending in 1974, 1979, 1983, 1989, 1991, 2000, 2010, now 2012....anyone want to add any years that I missed please feel free.

Point is, there is always some freak making predictions that the "END IS NEAR", and they never seem to come to reality.

No doubt he is sulking, to be looked at as a prophet, and then to be proved a fool is humiliating to say the least!

And yes believing in something so strongly and then finding out that it was a lie, or not true, is crushing, and causes all sorts of stress in life............ Wink
SonLight
For anyone who's interested and hasn't seen it, Camping wrote a letter which was posted on the Family Radio site:

http://www.familyradio.com/announcement2.html

Here is a comment on the evants:

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2012/may/quotationmarks-may12.html

On the plus side, Camping has admitted that he was wrong and that he sinned in jumping to conclusions. On the minus side, he has damaged the faith -- and in some cases material circumstances -- of many.

Here is a good question, you can be a hero if you answer it first:

http://attorneyhow.com/questions/182287/how-many-lawsuits-have-been-filed-against-harold-camping

Quote:
how many lawsuits have been filed against Harold Camping?
crystalkey
He has had 2012 lawsuits filed against him. The first hearing will take place on December 21st ... Smile