FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Fight Club

Dementei

One of the best movies ever made.. I can't even explain how unique Fight Club really is, if you've seen it you know what I mean. And if you haven't seen it, then you must watch it, like right now.

Short summary:
An office employee and a soap salesman build a global organization to help vent male aggression.

Main characters:
Edward Norton
Brad Pitt
Helena Carter

It seems like it's your average movie, like about some underground boxing club right?.. well not so much.

"The violence of the fight clubs serves as a metaphor for feeling, rather than to promote or glorify physical combat. The fights are tangible representations of resisting the impulse to be cocooned in society. Fighting between the men strips away the fear of pain and the reliance on material signifiers of their self-worth, leaving them to really experience something valuable."

There are a lot of twists and turns and a bunch of other stuff that I don't want to give away, so really if you haven't seen it download it or something, and also as a warning don't let it become apart of who you are. (It's probably not healthy, you'll know what I mean)
ocalhoun
Dementei wrote:
as a warning don't let it become apart of who you are.

Speaking as an anarchist... Oh, please do let it become a part of who you are!
(Some of the philosophy put forward in it is precisely anarcho-primitivism... A philosophy that I don't entirely agree with, but am sympathetic to.)

It has a great message of rejecting the influences of petty materialism and stifling civility.

(And if you notice, one of my sigs actually has a quote in it from that movie, so yeah, I kinda like it!)