FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

not opening with www

mukesh
Sir, I can access my website with mini.frihost.org only. But when I open www.mini.frihost.org it display demo site "Welcome to the home of mini.frihost.org". Sir, please enable www access for my website.
thx
Hammy
hi mukesh,

The website works fine, the issue is the dns stored in your browser hasnt cleared the old site.
Clear your browser Cache, and it will work for you.
Alternatively, try Alt + F5 to refresh the page. This should reload the page from fresh.

Or try it in a different browser.
Ghost Rider103
What he meant was, the www version of the website is loading the demo site. The link without www is loading the correct site. So this doesn't seem to be a cache issue.

Probably an issue with something in the htaccess or maybe some sort of redirect line.

I understand what is happening, but I'm not sure I know of a way to fix it.
Peterssidan
I think Hammy is right that it is a DNS cache problem. The www version shows the joomla page correctly when I view it through proxy sites. DNS updates are slow so it is nothing strange, all you have to do is to wait.

EDIT: ... and now the www version is showing the correct page with my own browser.
Ghost Rider103
Peterssidan wrote:
I think Hammy is right that it is a DNS cache problem. The www version shows the joomla page correctly when I view it through proxy sites. DNS updates are slow so it is nothing strange, all you have to do is to wait.

EDIT: ... and now the www version is showing the correct page with my own browser.

Ah your right. A quick refresh for me made it load correctly.

So looks like it was just a matter of waiting for the name servers change. So your site is all ready to go.

If you still see the issue when you load the www link, just do a refresh and you should see the correct page. Just like this because of the cache.
mukesh
Yes Working now thx all.
k_s_baskar
mukesh wrote:
Yes Working now thx all.

Nice. some times nameserver change will take 72 hours to resolve.