FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Website down :(

CraigHF
I dunno what happened!? I had Magento installed and running very well for about 3-4 weeks. Yesterday, I tryed to go on my website, but the browser didn't find it... I got a error number which I haven't noted (I know, I can be pretty dumb sometimes!). So I thought hey, a re-install should do the trick... nope, I get this message: "Database server does not support the InnoDB storage engine."

What the hell? Can anybody tell me what's going on please? Did frihost removed InnoDB support yesterday (my site was ok lke two days ago)? I have googled my problem and searched this forum, but found nothing very helpful...

Edit: before you ask, I saw that the problem with server 4 has been resolved... so I guess that this was the problem first... but now, the server just won't let me install Magento anymore (InnoDB error stated above)... what can I do?
Navigator
I am having the same problem, already posted in the other threads.
johans
any body installed OPEN cart successfully here in frihost?

Idea
Asap170
johans wrote:
any body installed OPEN cart successfully here in frihost?

I don't think this quite belongs in this section of Frihost. I have never used OPEN Cart, but it seems like it should work with no problem. If you view: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route=documentation/documentation&path=4 and look at the "Linux" section then should be no issue. If you need help with getting that installed then feel free to hit me up with a PM and I can do my best to assist you in putting OPEN Cart on your website.
johans
i have followed and tried to combine any possible folder and files from 755 to 777 and 644 but i get this error:

500 internal server. i check on the forum in open cart but i have no luck to install it here in frihost. I dont know why.

any suggestions on 500 interal server error?
Bondings
johans wrote:
i have followed and tried to combine any possible folder and files from 755 to 777 and 644 but i get this error:

500 internal server. i check on the forum in open cart but i have no luck to install it here in frihost. I dont know why.

any suggestions on 500 interal server error?

The 500 internal server (in your case) was/is caused by files/folders that have 777 permission, try changing them to 755. By the way you can actually check what file/folder is causing the problem by checking the Apache error log, which you can find in DirectAdmin (Site Summary / Statistics / Logs link).

Anyway, I changed the ocart folder to 755 permission and the 500 error is gone.

There is still another error because a file cannot be found that is due to a wrong path. It starts with "/home/domains/..." while it should be "/home/username/domains/..." (in your case "/home/johans/domains/...").
CraigHF
CraigHF wrote:
I dunno what happened!? I had Magento installed and running very well for about 3-4 weeks. Yesterday, I tryed to go on my website, but the browser didn't find it... I got a error number which I haven't noted (I know, I can be pretty dumb sometimes!). So I thought hey, a re-install should do the trick... nope, I get this message: "Database server does not support the InnoDB storage engine."

What the hell? Can anybody tell me what's going on please? Did frihost removed InnoDB support yesterday (my site was ok lke two days ago)? I have googled my problem and searched this forum, but found nothing very helpful...

Edit: before you ask, I saw that the problem with server 4 has been resolved... so I guess that this was the problem first... but now, the server just won't let me install Magento anymore (InnoDB error stated above)... what can I do?

I dunno why, but I finally managed to reinstall Magento. I didn't do anything special, it just finally worked again! Thanks to whoever is responsible for making this work again Smile
johans
Thank you bondings for your help and response.

i will give a try.

Very Happy
johans
Quote:
The 500 internal server (in your case) was/is caused by files/folders that have 777 permission, try changing them to 755. By the way you can actually check what file/folder is causing the problem by checking the Apache error log, which you can find in DirectAdmin (Site Summary / Statistics / Logs link).

There is still another error because a file cannot be found that is due to a wrong path. It starts with "/home/domains/..." while it should be "/home/username/domains/..." (in your case "/home/johans/domains/...").

thank you again Bondings for the support and time you spent... it works.. HAVE A GOOD DAY
AHEAD.

Very Happy [/quote]
futurcat
johans wrote:
Quote:

thank you again Bondings for the support and time you spent... it works.. HAVE A GOOD DAY
AHEAD.

Very Happy
[/quote]

For many days I did not notice any service down. It works smooth!