FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Dark Tower

Jonsps
Stephen King. The dark tower series. Does it get any better?
rip8fan1
I have read the first three books in the series, and plan on reading the rest of them, but I have to say that I don't believe it is that great a series (so far), and I hope it does get better.
Dean_The_Great
The Dark Tower is a fantastic series of books. I find that it uses real-to-life speech and a writing style that is distinctly King to deliver a believable, surrealistic story.

The Gunslinger, the first in the series, is bizarre as it is a stand-alone novel, that works well by itself. However, once you start reading the others, there will be no resolution until you read all seven. Once you hit the first of the more recent books, you're really toast. Wolves of the Calla starts on a crazy path that doesn't let up until the end. This is the point where the different worlds (levels of the tower) start to merge at bizarre points. It is also the point where the lives of the Ka-Tet begin to really becomed endangered. And, of course, it is the point when the real gun-toting whooping action begins!

I believe this is a great series and I recommend it to anyone who has the time to read through seven books and fully enjoy it.