FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Judge Dredd

truespeed
Warning: This video shows a father hitting his daughter,don't watch if your easily upset.

Quote:
2004: Aransas County Court-At-Law Judge William Adams took a belt to his own teenage daughter as punishment for using the internet to acquire music and games that were unavailable for legal purchase at the time. She has had ataxic cerebral palsy from birth that led her to a passion for technology, which was strictly forbidden by her father's backwards views. The judge's wife was emotionally abused herself and was severely manipulated into assisting the beating and should not be blamed for any content in this video. The judge's wife has since left the marriage due to the abuse, which continues to this day, and has sincerely apologized and repented for her part and for allowing such a thing, long before this video was even revealed to exist. Judge William Adams is not fit to be anywhere near the law system if he can't even exercise fit judgement as a parent himself. Do not allow this man to ever be re-elected again. His "judgement" is a giant farce. Signed, Hillary Adams, his daughter.

Full Story

Although it happened a while ago the video has only recently gone viral,the judge has since stated that the violence in the video is not as bad as it looks on tape. (more here)

I am against corporal punishment of any kind,i know the majority of people are in favour of it but i don't want to turn this thread into a debate on spanking as this case clearly isn't that,its a man,angry,out of control,beating his daughter with a belt.

I don't know what the laws on spanking are in the USA but this goes beyond that and surely charges must be brought?
Hello_World
I don't know US law at all, and the video didn't work for me... but as to your description...

Assault would apply, domestic violence laws...

However, here, there would be no re-election for a judge, as they are not elected in the first place but appointed... although he could be de-robed from the position...
deanhills
truespeed wrote:
as this case clearly isn't that,its a man,angry,out of control,beating his daughter with a belt.
Right. It's exactly that and probably no argument at all against corporal punishment. This is a very clear case of abuse in its ugliest form.

Only question I have is who took the video and who released it for publication? And why did it take them so long to do it? Could be for example that the judge had enemies in his own ranks too?
Dementei
Just read this flagged comment:

"Please save Judge William Adams reputation by liking his Facebook account. His daughter is out there to ruin him in every way. She has been caught twice having sex with perfect strangers -- once with a black construction worker and second time with a foreign student in TX -- and both times it was unprotected. Hillary, tell the world the TRUTH how you have harassed your dad and mom.

Uncle Jed and Aunt Beth (Odessa, TX)."

Based off of what she has done if that comment is true then I could partly understand the mans actions, but as we can see it's clearly out of control, and he does not have the justification for this case. On a side note I don't think it's any of our business, and since when do people care?
deanhills
Dementei wrote:
On a side note I don't think it's any of our business, and since when do people care?
Good point.
truespeed
Dementei wrote:
Just read this flagged comment:

"Please save Judge William Adams reputation by liking his Facebook account. His daughter is out there to ruin him in every way. She has been caught twice having sex with perfect strangers -- once with a black construction worker and second time with a foreign student in TX -- and both times it was unprotected. Hillary, tell the world the TRUTH how you have harassed your dad and mom.

Based off of what she has done if that comment is true then I could partly understand the mans actions

Firstly,the man is beating his daughter for using the computer for reasons other than school work,nothing else,the fact she filmed him suggests this wasn't the first time he had beat her like that.

Her having sex with anyone is no justification for a beating like that anyway,theres nothing wrong with having sex,even if the people she had sex with were black or foreign. (Was it only me who read that like it was a racist comment? )

Dementei wrote:
On a side note I don't think it's any of our business, and since when do people care?

deanhills wrote:
Good point.

Really? So we should all just turn a blind eye to anything a parent does to their child?
liljp617
Dementei wrote:

I'm a human being. A child is not property.

Good reasons to care and make it my business in my opinion.
Hello_World
Domestic violence is everyone's business... that is the attitude that allowed such horrible things happen inside peoples homes in times gone past.

And yeah, I read that quote as having a racist tinge... and as if assualt is justified due to that...

There is a bad habit in the media at the moment, of trying to taint peoples names by referring to acts which have absoluetly nothing to do with the issue in question... I suppose that tactic has been around for a long time but it seems to be getting worse lately...
deanhills
truespeed wrote:
Really? So we should all just turn a blind eye to anything a parent does to their child?
That is quite a huge accusation Truespeed. I can't speak for Dementei, but I'd say all of the viral stuff that went round in this case more or less decided the guilt of this guy, as well as all the facts around it, before the court case has been finalized. I like the idea of people reporting stuff, but then they should leave it to the authorities to investigate along the lines of innocent until proven guilty. I also think there should at least be some limits to prejudicing the system with the viral information that was going everywhere.

I still have not received an answer to my questions yet. Who made that Video recording, who released the video, and why did they wait so long before they released it to the public? What were the objectives for releasing it the way it has been released?
truespeed
deanhills wrote:
I'd say all of the viral stuff that went round in this case more or less decided the guilt of this guy,

So what are you saying,the level of punishment he is dishing out is acceptable?

deanhills wrote:

as well as all the facts around it,

The facts around it are irrelevant,unless your saying that under certain circumstances his daughter may of deserved a beating like that?

deanhills wrote:

I still have not received an answer to my questions yet. Who made that Video recording, who released the video, and why did they wait so long before they released it to the public? What were the objectives for releasing it the way it has been released?

The daughter (the girl in the video) released it,7 years after it was made,as for her reasons for leaving it so long.i don't know.

But that's all beside the point,your questioning her motives for releasing a video where she was on the end of a beating,probably one of many she has suffered from him over the years,rather than questioning the mindset of the man who beat her,which you saw,on video,all 8 minutes of it.

I think your sympathies are misplaced.
deanhills
truespeed wrote:
So what are you saying,the level of punishment he is dishing out is acceptable?
Nowhere did I say it was acceptable. This is what I said:
deanhills wrote:
truespeed wrote:
as this case clearly isn't that,its a man,angry,out of control,beating his daughter with a belt.
Right. It's exactly that and probably no argument at all against corporal punishment. This is a very clear case of abuse in its ugliest form.

Only question I have is who took the video and who released it for publication? And why did it take them so long to do it? Could be for example that the judge had enemies in his own ranks too?

truespeed wrote:
The facts around it are irrelevant,unless your saying that under certain circumstances his daughter may of deserved a beating like that?
You're trying to put words in my mouth that were never there. NO ONE is deserving of a beating like that. Including you. What we saw in the video was abuse plain and simple. I've also said that in my first comment. But the authenticity of that video needs to be proven. Anyone can make videos of anything these days. They can also make it look as though it was anyone in it. The likelihood seems to be that it may be the judge, but I'd prefer that to be sorted out in a court of law. Not in a viral YouTube campaign.

truespeed wrote:
But that's all beside the point,your questioning her motives for releasing a video where she was on the end of a beating,probably one of many she has suffered from him over the years,rather than questioning the mindset of the man who beat her,which you saw,on video,all 8 minutes of it.

I think your sympathies are misplaced.
Here you go again with putting words that were never there. First of all, I was unaware that it was the girl who released the video. I actually asked who did. This is what I asked:
deanhills wrote:
Dementei
Let's just all admit that they are not men if they must abuse their families. As many I come from an abusive background, it sucked but I pulled through it as many have (or that were able to), if anything it makes one stronger (hopefully) as she will be too. Kids and wives or even husbands are abused daily in every way, it's everywhere, if everyone made a video like she did it would turn out the same way (more or less) only this time he happened to be a judge.

So IMO it's good to get your posts and points up but this debate is pointless, the dude has problems and that's it. I hope one day if he hasn't already that he could see the wrong he has done and will ask for forgiveness from the people he's hurt, that's all we can do now is hope, and if you know God then pray.
ocalhoun
Hello_World wrote:
although he could be de-robed from the position...

Won't happen.

Who will he be judged by? A jury maybe... but who will decide his punishment after the jury gives a verdict?
Another judge.
(And that judge will also get quite a lot of discretion about how the case is run, including deciding what evidence the jury does and doesn't get to see.)

Judges look out for their own. It's extremely rare to ever see one convicted of any crime, and even rarer to see them get the same punishment anyone else would get if convicted of the same crime.

It's not that too much of the US justice system thinks that it's above the law... It's that too much of it is effectively above the law.

As for the case itself, he clearly went overboard, and from what the wife says, he's probably abusive towards everybody.

...And as for this:
Quote:

Even if it is true, it should not change anything.
Being promiscuous doesn't mean it's okay to be beaten.
menino
I don;t think its good for a father to hit his child for this kind of action, but its probably because of the fact that, if the Judge did get caught for an anti-piracy act, it would not be good for his repuation or work. Perhaps he was thinking in those terms, more than the other things his daughter had done.
But hitting a teenager who suffers from cerebral palsy is still wrong, in my opinion.
deanhills
menino wrote:
I don;t think its good for a father to hit his child for this kind of action, but its probably because of the fact that, if the Judge did get caught for an anti-piracy act, it would not be good for his repuation or work. Perhaps he was thinking in those terms, more than the other things his daughter had done.
But hitting a teenager who suffers from cerebral palsy is still wrong, in my opinion.
I think hitting anyone as it was done in the YouTube show is completely wrong and ugly abuse. It could never qualify for disciplinary action. The guy in the YouTube show was completely out of control.
menino
deanhills wrote:
menino wrote:
I think hitting anyone as it was done in the YouTube show is completely wrong and ugly abuse. It could never qualify for disciplinary action. The guy in the YouTube show was completely out of control.

Your right Deanhills, it is abuse.
I don't even want to wonder what happens to people who don't have cameras and post on youtube. Shocked