FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Halloween

Nehemie
What about halloween. What do you think about it. Does it need amelioration or should be forgotten?
Ghost Rider103
Used to like it as a kid. Don't really care for it too much now though, or at least it doesn't affect my day to day life all that much.

But Happy Halloween to the Frih community!
deanhills
Fun for kids. Wonderful how creative they've become with all the props that are on sale.
Ankhanu
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
Used to like it as a kid. Don't really care for it too much now though, or at least it doesn't affect my day to day life all that much.

Pretty much encapsulates my stance. I had fun dressing up and getting candy, but, now I couldn't care less about it.
Blaster
Living in a college town I must say THANK GOD for Halloween. Skimpy outfits make my day
standready
Just 2 hours out of my life waiting around for about 12 'trick or treaters' to show up. I don't waste time setting up anything any more.
Blaster
standready wrote:
Just 2 hours out of my life waiting around for about 12 'trick or treaters' to show up. I don't waste time setting up anything any more.

It used to be fun to scar people when I was younger. My neighbors used to have an elaborate walk way set up.
Hello_World
I love Helloween. It is getting bigger and bigger every year. It's just great.

It's a good time to get dressed up and party. We are planning to have a party next year, this year we were just too busy with other things.

Funny how all you guys think it is a kids thing. Here it is an adult party thing more.
Blaster
Hello_World wrote:
I love Helloween. It is getting bigger and bigger every year. It's just great.

It's a good time to get dressed up and party. We are planning to have a party next year, this year we were just too busy with other things.

Funny how all you guys think it is a kids thing. Here it is an adult party thing more.

I agree about it being more for the adults. I see less and less kids walking around now which is kind of sad. It was fun to go out when I was a kid.
standready
Blaster wrote:
standready wrote:

It used to be fun to scar people when I was younger. My neighbors used to have an elaborate walk way set up.

This year was only 6! 2 were over 18 years old. What a waste of time but I have plenty of candy left for me.
I used love to scare them. I would make the house haunted by setting up my home automation to have lights come on randomly inside and out. they would dim and brighten and flash on and off.
Not worth the effort anymore.
Hello_World
I would have loved it when I was a kid. But we really didn't celebrate it. This year we had 2 groups of kids come, only one group had costumes on. I gave them all lollies anyway.
Nameless
The fact that some Halloween practices still exist in this increasingly paranoid world is the slimmest moment of disturbed hope in an otherwise maddened future ... but AFAIK it pretty much doesn't happen where I live, save for a few themed parties.
johans
Happy Halloweeeennn to all....

Around the world celebrates Halloween... trick or treat?

Have a Great day to all Frihost users.

Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
andysart380
it snowed here on halloween, they changed it to the weekend after and we got almost no trick or treaters. I guess that means more candy for me.
Afaceinthematrix
Ankhanu wrote:
Ghost Rider103 wrote:

Pretty much encapsulates my stance. I had fun dressing up and getting candy, but, now I couldn't care less about it.

Well do you at least pass on that same fun to the kids of this generation by passing out candy? I usually stay at home and pass out candy to the kids because I had so much fun dressing up and doing it when I was young that I want to give back and give that same experience to kids these days.

I love dark things. I love horror films and things that are just sickening. If I could afford it, I'd have the most awesome haunted house ever. I'd go all out - the zombies, witches, black lights, fog machines, things popping out of coffins, Freddies, creepy music, etc... I'd have everything that you'd see in a typical haunted house that you pay for plus more. By the way, I'm not talking about just on Halloween lol... If I could talk the girlfriend into a more permanent situation... (if only it was possible)...

I love Halloween.
deanhills
I find Halloween fun too, for the kids. I live in a compound and it is amazing what the parents do for their kids to make them help enjoy Halloween. Including looking after them when they are doing their trick or treat rounds. I've never experienced Halloween as a kid growing up in South Africa, but I did take to it in Canada - Calgary specifically as I was living in a suburban neighbourhood then. I love kid stuff. Great fun.

Very Happy
Nehemie
I just injoy by viewing monster vs alian. It gave another aspect of the day. I feel nostalic about the day. Now halloween 2011 is gon and hope we'll meet next year and read each others experiences. for those how did nothing this year, think about some thin to do. for those how did some thing, thick about another experience.
faten
what a nice day with different way go a head
spinout
More halloween!

I think ghosts are good! any terror with a bizarre touch is great!