FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Count down to 5000 posts for October ......

deanhills
Now this makes me very happy. Looks as though we have just passed 4900 posts and may be able to break the 5000 barrier for October. One day left - I'm sure we could make it to 5000. Ghost Rider you must be happy too .... and maybe exhausted too? Very Happy

Here's the stats link for those who want to take a peek:
http://www.frihost.com/search/post_statistics.php
Ghost Rider103
Yep this is a huge step in recovery.

Through the middle of the month it looked like we would barely make 4200 posts for the month. However with everyone trying to help out in the recovery we've shockingly made it to nearly 5k posts for this month alone already.

Next months goal will surely be above 5k. We also need to try to beat last years post mark (the yearly stats) which looks like a challenging goal as well.

There has even been more activity in the IRC channel. I invite all of you into the IRC channel! There are some great discussions and some great Frihost users in there daily. Including Anhhanu, Tobias (Hogwarts), Adri, Hammy, Peter & myself are all occasional users!

@Dean: howcome you haven't been in the IRC at all? Question
Blaster
Less than 70 posts needed to make 5000 so I'm sure it will be done.

Also I've never been to the IRC room either.. Don't even know how to get into it.
loremar
Me too!!! Very Happy

Wow, 5000! I didn't even notice we're almost 5000. I think we can make it.

The past few days were very high. Impressive. Applause
deanhills
Blaster wrote:

Also I've never been to the IRC room either.. Don't even know how to get into it.
Right, 70 posts particularly with added activity as we are having from people I haven't seen in a while (like Hammy) are easily doable.

Only 25 points for you to 45. Well done!
adri
Blaster wrote:

You need to have an IRC client to do so. (something like mIRC) You can also use rvec's irc applet which can be found in the first post http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-12060.html.

Only seven to go. Very Happy

adri
loremar
Quote:
Only seven to go.

Huh? I'm counting 8.
Ghost Rider103
Blaster wrote:

Now is the time to get in!

Here is a sticky which contains detailed information on how to get in the IRC and what it is if you aren't familiar with it. http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-12060.html

The app that Rvec created might simplify it for you. However I never could get it to work, personally.
deanhills
We made it! AWESOME ......!!!!!
Dancing
Ghost Rider103
deanhills wrote:
We made it! AWESOME ......!!!!!
Dancing

Definitely! What a big difference all of us posting made.

Now to attempt to beat July's monthly number today. We have the rest of the day to set a new record since July. Very Happy

Then it's on to next months goal of 6k!
adri
loremar wrote:
Quote:
Only seven to go.

Huh? I'm counting 8.

Ah yeah, I made that reply thinking it would update in a minute but apparently it updates once every x hours so it stayed 4992. So you were correct. :p

But anyway, we passed the 5000 posts. Smile

adri
Ghost Rider103
I thought it updated every minute or so?

Anyways, looks like the next goal is to keep the daily post count above 200. This will ensure we hit next months goal, of 6,000 posts.

So, starting on the first, we should all try to be dedicated and attempt to contribute to that goal.

If we hit the goal, maybe I'll give out some coins to people who I think have contributed the most. Assuming they want the coins. Razz
deanhills
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
Anyways, looks like the next goal is to keep the daily post count above 200. This will ensure we hit next months goal, of 6,000 posts.
Why not ask Bondings whether he could make this his first new featured discussion - a competition for the most posts for November. Competition open to everyone except the staff and Elite Frihosters. First prize .com, two runner up prizes .info. What would be neat would be to get a stats page that shows the 10 most active posters for one day, 10 days, 15 days and 30 days to make things really exciting.
Angel
Ghost Rider103
deanhills wrote:
What would be neat would be to get a stats page that shows the 10 most active posters for one day, 10 days, 15 days and 30 days to make things really exciting.
Angel

That's an excellent idea!

I had been thinking to suggest a "Top Posters" box on the home page somewhere, but stats like this might even be a better idea.

This could be another thing that a small dev. team could work on. Would keep users looking forward to something and wouldn't affect Bondings much.
deanhills
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
deanhills wrote:
What would be neat would be to get a stats page that shows the 10 most active posters for one day, 10 days, 15 days and 30 days to make things really exciting.
Angel

That's an excellent idea!

I had been thinking to suggest a "Top Posters" box on the home page somewhere, but stats like this might even be a better idea.

This could be another thing that a small dev. team could work on. Would keep users looking forward to something and wouldn't affect Bondings much.
Would be great if you could ask him! Tell him how good we've been we got to 5000 posts. Our wish is for 6000 posts next month but would like to get a wider range of posters. A good way would be a competition for the most posts. And a featured discussion from Bondings' Official Blog. I'm wishing aloud now! But this is simple, requires very little work, it's exciting and something to look forward to.
Blaster
WOOO 5k... I'm sure we will be able to get to 6k next month. Although it is a holiday time so who knows that could throw things off... Thank god for the extra day in october so that we could make it to 5000

And btw I made it from -270 something to 45+ in just a weekend
deanhills
Blaster wrote:
WOOO 5k... I'm sure we will be able to get to 6k next month. Although it is a holiday time so who knows that could throw things off... Thank god for the extra day in october so that we could make it to 5000

Totally AWESOME - it was/is great to post with you around.
Cool
Blaster
deanhills wrote:
Blaster wrote:

Totally AWESOME - it was/is great to post with you around.
Cool

I feel honored
standready
Blaster wrote:

Congratulations Blaster! It is so good to see you posting again and back into the 'positive' so quickly.
deanhills
Oh ho ..... looks as though we're dipping again. Well under 200 a day now for two days in a row. Guess the regulars must be exhausted. Don't blame them. I'm a little exhausted too.
Blaster
deanhills wrote:
Oh ho ..... looks as though we're dipping again. Well under 200 a day now for two days in a row. Guess the regulars must be exhausted. Don't blame them. I'm a little exhausted too.

Class happened... As well as Nuketown 24-7 for COD... That takes up a lot of time and only happens every now and then.
deanhills
Blaster wrote:
deanhills wrote:

Class happened... As well as Nuketown 24-7 for COD... That takes up a lot of time and only happens every now and then.
I'm also pretty busy - but hopefully will find some more time over the weekend to post.
Dementei
Wow on that stats page you can see how quickly these forums became popular:

January 2006: 32805
December 2005: 28674
November 2005: 25194
October 2005: 24099
September 2005: 15731
August 2005: 11253
July 2005: 9350
June 2005: 5693
May 2005: 3733
April 2005: 297

And now we are back at 5k Mad
Blaster
Dementei wrote:
Wow on that stats page you can see how quickly these forums became popular:

January 2006: 32805
December 2005: 28674
November 2005: 25194
October 2005: 24099
September 2005: 15731
August 2005: 11253
July 2005: 9350
June 2005: 5693
May 2005: 3733
April 2005: 297

And now we are back at 5k Mad

January 2006 was massive... Its the time when I joined. There was new posts constantly it was great. Its how I was able to get so many posts so quickly leading me to be the first "Frihost Freak" (moderators/bondings exempt)
Josso
Blaster wrote:

January 2006 was massive... Its the time when I joined. There was new posts constantly it was great. Its how I was able to get so many posts so quickly leading me to be the first "Frihost Freak" (moderators/bondings exempt)

Hahaha, I remember that... funny rank it's almost like being demoted. Back then you could sit around and F5 the page it was pretty active I just use the recent posts thing now.
deanhills
Josso wrote:
Blaster wrote:

Hahaha, I remember that... funny rank it's almost like being demoted. Back then you could sit around and F5 the page it was pretty active I just use the recent posts thing now.
I just couldn't handle getting that Rank, just about freaked out at the thought .... The efforts to change those had been the equivalent of moving a mountain. Both Ocalhoun and I were Frihost Freaks, first Ocalhoun than me and then it got changed to Frihost Sage. Thank Goodness .... phew!

Here's the discussion leading up to the changes:
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-107953.html#912765

And the final ranks and numbers of posts against them:
http://www.frihost.com/users/Bondings/blog/vp-110991.html#923217
Josso
Personally I think everyone from 05 should get the old schooler rank Laughing
Gitesh
Is the forum on decline as can be seen on the stats page., once the frihost used to have 323884 posts and dwindled to 51208 post in this year ., though its not finished yet.,
Even then the forum is having lots of posts 50,000 posts per month is not an easy task., and providing free hosting to so many people is commendable task in itself.

Quote:

2011: 51208
2010: 58452
2009: 86285
2008: 116856
2007: 184004
2006: 323884
2005: 124024
Josso
On the up side we're holding it together this year by the looks of it...
deanhills
Gitesh wrote:
Is the forum on decline as can be seen on the stats page., once the frihost used to have 323884 posts and dwindled to 51208 post in this year ., though its not finished yet.,
Even then the forum is having lots of posts 50,000 posts per month is not an easy task., and providing free hosting to so many people is commendable task in itself.

Quote:

2011: 51208
2010: 58452
2009: 86285
2008: 116856
2007: 184004
2006: 323884
2005: 124024
Good point Gitesh. I think it is a combination of sign of the times, the owner being enormously busy and as a result inability to get competitions such as free domains, etc. going. Free domains are a great incentive to get new members. New members I think are key to contributing more posts. Right now the regulars are working double time to get the post count up.
missdixy
Awrrr I remember the Frihost IRC! I miss having extra time on my hands Sad

but yay for 5k posts?!
deanhills
199 posts yesterday. Wish I'd known and I could have made that 200th one ....
Very Happy