FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Simple Plan

thetommyzone
Who likes the music of Simple plan?

I like the songs 'Untitled', 'Welcome To My Life', 'Me Against The World' and 'Shut Up'
Caxius
i like this band, they are pop-punk and i have their two albums (two, truth?)
they are cool
jarcelao
Yeah, I like them too.

My faves are One by One, Welcome to my Life, Untitled and Perfect.
Caxius
jarcelao wrote:
Untitled .

untitled is really really nice
farhaz
Well, I like the song shut up
moonlizard
i like i'm just a kid(pretty old though),untitled,welcome to my life
Hippie
I must say, I really tried to give them a chance. I had some of their stuff, and it had some potential. This is all before I saw them in concert. They put on one of the worst shows i'd ever seen. Not to mention that the entire crowd base consisted of girls under the age of 14. It was so terrible, after the concert, i went home and deleted all my stuff of theirs. My one consolation: MXPX followed them on stage, and none of the young girls knew who they were. So people started moshing somewhat and all the girls were freaking out, not knowing what was going on......made me laugh anyway.... Twisted Evil
therestofus
at first i liked them, but ive grown to be annoyed from them...
Raijenki
Welcome to my life, this music is awesome !!!
sylviakowalski
simple plan needs to grow up.. stop complaining about their parents because they don't live with them anymore anyways.. even a two year old can relate to their music, thats how bad the lyrics are..they needed to add an extra few shut ups in their shut up song, it was like they had to write 100 word essay but fell 10 words short so they just repeated themselves.. sooo annoying.

i liked them when they first came out, and now i just want them to stop. completely. they try to hard to appeal to a younger audience.
arianaenholm
My fav songs they made are Grow up and One Day
arianaenholm
sylviakowalski wrote:
simple plan needs to grow up.. stop complaining about their parents because they don't live with them anymore anyways.. even a two year old can relate to their music, thats how bad the lyrics are..they needed to add an extra few shut ups in their shut up song, it was like they had to write 100 word essay but fell 10 words short so they just repeated themselves.. sooo annoying.

i liked them when they first came out, and now i just want them to stop. completely. they try to hard to appeal to a younger audience.

If you hate them so flipping much why do you have to complain to us what you think about? Don't you think people write lyrics to tell you how they feel. They don't just write them to relate to 2 year olds gees. Maybe when they were a kid thats how they felt did you ever think of that? no probaly not because your too busy thinking about your own opinion!
CamiBor
i like 'welcome to my world' 'addicted' 'vacation' and 'i'm just a kid'
Simple Plan Rocks!
mustaq
thetommyzone wrote:

I like the songs 'Untitled', 'Welcome To My Life', 'Me Against The World' and 'Shut Up'

its seem teach have there own taste of listing the music and few band which we dont like otheres love it
dustout
yea, they are awesome. I like all teir songs Embarassed Razz Confused Sad
sylviakowalski
arianaenholm wrote:
sylviakowalski wrote:

If you hate them so flipping much why do you have to complain to us what you think about? Don't you think people write lyrics to tell you how they feel. They don't just write them to relate to 2 year olds gees. Maybe when they were a kid thats how they felt did you ever think of that? no probaly not because your too busy thinking about your own opinion!

okay okay.. i don't hate. i dislike very much. i just find it hard to see how kids can relate to guys with double chins and half-beer bellies Confused i think they should take on a mature sound, and they have to stop living in the past. they don't even live with their parents. like i said before, the should stop whining. if you keep telling kids their live's are messed, thats what they'll believe.
prongs_386
simple plan's music is aimed at a certain audience, of course many people are going to hate the idea of them having to listen to it. It's not directed at everyone so the people who it isnt directed at should just ignore it.
Twikki
is the world going crazy Shocked
Simple Plan are not punk they are pop/punk but there not even fit to be called that simply because they are like good charlotte posers
Healckles
This Guys is too famous here in Brazil

But i had heard more they.. Your sound don΄t entertain me more...
Dino
i like Blink182, Sum 41, NOFX, but Simple Plan plays great
MasterC
Eek, pop-"punk" band. Or maybe just pop. I don`t like them, maybe for cartoon network generation Very Happy
Empire
I looove simple plan!!!!! I have both of there albums and waiting for more to come out!!
pencapchew
"SHUT UP!!!!!1 MY PARENTS TOLD ME TO DO MY HOMEWORK. I SAID HELL NO, STAY OUT OF MY LIFE, I HATE YOU BOTH, I'M NOT DOING HOMEWORK!!!!!!!11111"

there's a basic summary of simple plan in their entirety

no. just no
simple plan tries to hard to liked among commercial mainstream, i feel they're one of those bands who "sway" with what's "popular" which is something i hate beyond belief

i DESPISE their vocalist, his voice makes me want to shit myself

but other than that they just flat out suck
Twikki
I completely agree if you want real music try listening to the following bands

Blink182
Rise Against
Alkaline Trio
Billy Talent
H-I-M

Thank you for your co-operation
teyjatt
i'm so upset i missed their concert last month (i'm from sydney)

yeeeewwww!!! go sydney and simple plan!!
JoeCool
Simple Plan is a descent band. However they resemble the punk rock band of Blink 182. Simple Plan is good for a while, but then the lyrics to their songs seem to repeat themselves. The lyrics are mainly written to capture a young audience of teens, they need to release a more mature album to show thier capable of a more professional outlook. IMO, that is.
JoeCool
miau
Hum.. this band is very cool.
I prefer the first album and the song Perfect.
Travis
I like them a lot
their sound is very played here in the radios in the brasil, and a lot of people also like here them as well as me
when he has a show of them here I won't lose for anything
hehehe

Wink
Dino
i like `em too, but my favourit songs are Jump and Shut up
jaykay
If you ask me, it's pretty ordinary stuff that they are doing. Not very innovative, not very powerful.
dtdojo2
MasterC wrote:
Eek, pop-"punk" band. Or maybe just pop. I don`t like them, maybe for cartoon network generation Very Happy

Perhaps Playhouse Disney?
kuhdorf
jep i think so too not very powerfull
karrupin
thetommyzone wrote:

Ya, I like those songs too! Where are they now? Are they still together? I mean is Simple Plan still 'alive'?
applejunk
sylviakowalski wrote:
arianaenholm wrote:
sylviakowalski wrote:

okay okay.. i don't hate. i dislike very much. i just find it hard to see how kids can relate to guys with double chins and half-beer bellies Confused i think they should take on a mature sound, and they have to stop living in the past. they don't even live with their parents. like i said before, the should stop whining. if you keep telling kids their live's are messed, thats what they'll believe.

i agree with you, if you keep telling kids their lives are messed up, they'll eventually believe that. i like simple plan, don't get me wrong, but so much mainstream music nowadays is full of people whining that it can be annoying after awhile. whining about why they don't have a job, a gf, a bf, why their parents suck, etc etc. a lot of teenagers nowadays are sooo disrespectful...i don't ever recall being that way when i was growing up and i wonder if it has something to do with the newer media influences.
votd
Simple Plan isn't bad, but sometimes they are too gay (or "sweet" to say it softly). Like "Welcome to my Life" is like for young girls who like those idol boys xD. But song "Me Against The World" is awesome. Hard, dark and really cool. Something worth listening to. Again, Simple Plan isn't great because it's too similiar to other "rock-boy" bands, who like to sing 'n play electric guitar. Too similiar to Blink 182 and other (Yellowcard etc.) But not bad. Actually I like them. Their song "Me Against the World" stands for my favourite. I also like "Welcome to my Life" a bit.
chartcentral
Simple Plan's still alive and well. Maybe just not enough hit power with their new songs. "When I'm Gone" is a moderate hit here in my country. I love their songs "Perfect", "I'm Just a Kid" and "Welcome to My Life".
mattchun
they are a typical british rock band right?
liljp617
arianaenholm wrote:
sylviakowalski wrote:

Because this is an open forum and this is a thread on discussing the "band" Simple Plan. Just because his opinion is different than yours (and right) doesn't mean he shouldn't say it.
chartcentral
mattchun wrote:
they are a typical british rock band right?

They are actually French-Canadian.
ddukki
jaykay wrote:
If you ask me, it's pretty ordinary stuff that they are doing. Not very innovative, not very powerful.
True. As are many bands out there, they are engrossed in the mainstream. Some of their songs are good, but then again, you can hear that same stuff anywhere.
HabboFresh
No matter how many people say simple plan is old, I love simple plan! Everyone should love their music!!
liljp617
HabboFresh wrote:
No matter how many people say simple plan is old, I love simple plan! Everyone should love their music!!

=/ If you like boring, simplified, whiny stuff from 20 year olds.
j0yfuln0is3
jaykay wrote:

I agree, their music doesn't stand out in any way, and to be honest pop-punk is not one of my favourite genres either...
dirkvb
Simple plan rulez.

But it is music, so it's not for everyone the same.
I really like welcome to my life (maybe it's a bit because i recognise myself?)

So everyone buy Simple plan ( if you want to download, oke but if you like it, buy it)

Greetz
Kelcey
I like them a lot. Though I haven't heard anything new from them for quite a while.
chartcentral
Their new song "Your Love is A Lie" is not getting much airplay nowadays here in our country...
alfi
i just brought the cd...i am hearing it right nw.'take my hand' and 'the end' are really great...
cheers simpla plan. Very Happy