FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The good ol days

Blaster
I was playing around on wayback machine and found out that it has gotten better. Well here is what frihost looked like right around the time I joined http://web.archive.org/web/20060114070941/http://www.frihost.com/forums/ As you can see it was a lot different of a place... Keep playing around with the site and enjoy
deanhills
Awesome! You know what Blaster? I like the layout more then than now. At least one could see at one glance that if you want to get Website space, you have to apply through your account. I remember when I wanted to apply that I had to search all over to figure out how to do it.

I like the Logo as well. Everything looked really neat - also - I'm beginning to wonder whether too many stickies can actually hide the really good threads. It's a psychological thing with me anyway, if there is only one sticky, or maybe two, they will grab my attention. But when you get to 10 or more, then I'm not that aware of them. There were about no stickies then. Oh yes, and no Phil&Rel Forum. When did the Phil&Rel Forum start?
Blaster
That forum started later on... Shortly after I joined they made a few new forums and accepted a bunch of new staff... Thats was prolly april of 2006 that they did all that... The design was nice and simple
Josso
I remember that... with the hippie font styled logo, awesome. I want that one back.
Blaster
I forgot about the hippie style logo. That thing was sweet... In fact i think the logo was part of an April fools day joke. Maybe bondins will remember that one...
deanhills
Blaster wrote:
I forgot about the hippie style logo. That thing was sweet... In fact i think the logo was part of an April fools day joke. Maybe bondins will remember that one...
Makes sense .... last April Fool's Bondings offered a FriHouse to everyone .... Twisted Evil
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-124540.html
Blaster
Not a bad little april fools day jokes. I wonder what other ones frihost has had. I forget them. Maybe someone who remembers them can help out on that and let us know.
truespeed
What is noticeable is the featured discussions are used for just that and not just frihost announcements as they are now and have been for some time,and they were regularly updated,almost daily.

That banner was terrible though,thats one thing i am glad to see the back of.
Blaster
truespeed wrote:
What is noticeable is the featured discussions are used for just that and not just frihost announcements as they are now and have been for some time,and they were regularly updated,almost daily.

That banner was terrible though,thats one thing i am glad to see the back of.

That is true. I feel like moderators were allowed to update the featured discussions I remember there being a topic on it, and its still stickied

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-22109.html
loremar
Lol. I actually tried to login to see what avatar people have those days. Silly. Laughing

The logo actually looks good. Why doesn't the current Frihost have one?
Aredon
Shocked Well great, now I just feel old... I remember the site looking like that.
ocalhoun
Blaster wrote:
Not a bad little april fools day jokes. I wonder what other ones frihost has had. I forget them.

I remember the rainboxing one, with all the crazy colors.

...And I remember these days as well:
Quote:

Our users have posted a total of 83183 articles
We have 5644 registered users

Making it up to 100,000 posts was a big deal!
...To think it's over a million now...

And, oh, the people who aren't around anymore... gonzo, k3ys, n4l, and most of the old moderators...
Blaster
ocalhoun wrote:
Blaster wrote:
Not a bad little april fools day jokes. I wonder what other ones frihost has had. I forget them.

I remember the rainboxing one, with all the crazy colors.

...And I remember these days as well:
Quote:

Our users have posted a total of 83183 articles
We have 5644 registered users

Making it up to 100,000 posts was a big deal!
...To think it's over a million now...

And, oh, the people who aren't around anymore... gonzo, k3ys, n4l, and most of the old moderators...

Thats what it was... the rainboxing one... TPP was good at that... and I agree gonzo k3ys and n4l were 3 of the big posters on this forum.
Hello_World
How about a logo competition?
deanhills
Hello_World wrote:
EXCELLENT idea. You've got my vote for that!
Very Happy
loremar
I looked at everyone's old avatar in different years and I was disappointed that most of them are broken links including deanhills'. But I wasn't completely disappointed. I looked at Bikerman's old avatar and I laughed like hell. His old avatar is puny compared to his AntiChrist(Devil's Advocate rather..hehe).
Ghost Rider103
deanhills wrote:
Hello_World wrote:
EXCELLENT idea. You've got my vote for that!
Very Happy

This puts us right back to the Bondings wants to do most of the work himself wall.

So that is most likely out of the question, unless he's since changed his mind. (don't count on it Razz )
truespeed
With the layout as it is where would you put a logo?
Ghost Rider103
Lol yeah that is another issue with the theme.

It needs some changes and Bondings is aware of it. I've even given him some ideas to start off with that he liked and agreed with. It's just a matter of him finding the time to do it.

I think he's willing to make changes and I think he even wants to (at least I hope). Just sounds like he doesn't have the time.
Blaster
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
Lol yeah that is another issue with the theme.

It needs some changes and Bondings is aware of it. I've even given him some ideas to start off with that he liked and agreed with. It's just a matter of him finding the time to do it.

I think he's willing to make changes and I think he even wants to (at least I hope). Just sounds like he doesn't have the time.

Judging by how long he is on the forums alone I would say probably not.