FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Bangkok Travel Advisory - October/November 2011

deanhills
Looks as though Bangkok is not a good place to travel to right now. Plenty of flooding in certain areas and more expected. So if anyone should have any plans to travel to Bangkok, it may be a good idea to rethink it. I was thinking of Bangkok in 10 days time, but think any of those areas may not be a good idea weather wise.
magnustoday
deanhills wrote:
Looks as though Bangkok is not a good place to travel to right now. Plenty of flooding in certain areas and more expected. So if anyone should have any plans to travel to Bangkok, it may be a good idea to rethink it. I was thinking of Bangkok in 10 days time, but think any of those areas may not be a good idea weather wise.

Yes, the David Foster and Friends Bangkok featuring Charice, Philip Bailey, Russell watson and Ashanti was cancelled because of the floods.
deanhills
magnustoday wrote:
deanhills wrote:

Yes, the David Foster and Friends Bangkok featuring Charice, Philip Bailey, Russell watson and Ashanti was cancelled because of the floods.
I've been watching the news with people wading through hip-high water and wondering what diseases are lurking as a result of that. Particularly when I heard one of the women being interviewed and saying that the sanitation was not working (obviously).
menino
I had heard about this news in the past few days, and felt a little bad for the people there.
But I remembered a friend of mine inviting me to go there for the eid holidays in the middle east, which I had to decline, due to personal reasons, and now I'm glad I did, although I feel a little bad for my friends.

Flooding always brings about problems, as is with many countries in Asia that have this problem during the monsoons, especially Bangladesh and other parts of India as well.
Apart from the sanitation problem, there's also damage to property and agriculture, so harvests are also affected, and then there's transportation, which can be made available by small boats, but not always, especially when transporting people to hospitals / clinics, or food to and fro etc.
magnustoday
deanhills wrote:
magnustoday wrote:
deanhills wrote:

I've been watching the news with people wading through hip-high water and wondering what diseases are lurking as a result of that. Particularly when I heard one of the women being interviewed and saying that the sanitation was not working (obviously).

there's always diarrhea, skin diseases and leptospirosis (from rats)
deanhills
magnustoday wrote:

there's always diarrhea, skin diseases and leptospirosis (from rats)
Right, it boggles the mind really. When it is summer everyone is using an umbrella against the sun's rays. People are wearing face masks so as to protect them from inhaling polluted air, but no worries about wading through water that may be ten times worse. There should be Public Health notices everywhere.
jaykresline
If you have select travel location Bangkok than don't worry Bangkok is very best travel location, by my suggestion and opinion you have to travel only lakes, beaches etc. in Bangkok city, all beaches are very best, Bangkok is one top listed business capital city, so there are so many big market as well as for traveling also.
sam15018
Bangkok is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. As far as the flood is concerned the Bangkok city is on high land as compared to other places so there are less chances of flooding in those areas. Also most of the tourist destinations have not been hit by the floods so you won't have much problem visiting Bangkok.
sayedfauzan
there's still some disappointing things happening in bangkok, especially related to the red shirt. but overall its ok now to travel to bangkok
deanhills
At least one offsetting positive for us of the red shirts is that the cost of travel to Bangkok and accommodation may be cheaper as a result.