FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A.I - Artificial Inteligence

anaficheira
Already had attended to A.I - Artificial Intelligence Question

Ours it is very good! History is good, the main personage (a boy) is excellent actor and the effect are wonderful Exclamation

Who did not see, has that to see Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Cerebral Stasis
I thought that it was overall rather poor (most of the acting was horrible, but the main character did a good job), but it tends to be a bit confusing/twisted in some points, especially concerning the purpose of certain scenes, as well as the time between certain scenes. It's like three or four shorter movies that were mashed together and stitched so that they would hold together.

The biggest problem would be the lack of outstanding protagnists; when the coolest characters in the entire movie are a little boy and a teddy bear, you know something's wrong.
SunburnedCactus
This was a Spielberg one, yes? Not quite on par with his other work...
Tepelstreeltje
Spielberg had a choice to make. He could either make "Harry Potter" or he could make "A.I.". Spielberg chose "A.I.", and he chose wrong. "A.I." is not only long and boring but its' themes are pure plagiarism from other and better made films. The film steals from "Blade Runner" and "Bicentennial Man", among others. In fact, if you've seen "Bicentennial Man" then you've seen a better film.

A.I. is sappy, sentimental, boring, slow, depressing, and full of plot holes. Now, don't get me wrong, I enjoy sentimental and sappy stuff but this just simply stunk.

The idea that the polar ice caps have melted and have flooded coastal areas, including Manhattan, works to the contrast of the films' attempt to create a sense of reality.

So my advice is, skip this one and instead go watch something that won't make you want to kill yourself.
Cerebral Stasis
SunburnedCactus wrote:

He was assisted by another director (don't remember the name) who had a rather anti-human viewpoint in his movies, while Spielberg has a human emotion viewpoint in his; you can see the other director's work in the parts where there is strange and senseless violence, such as where the child bot furiously destroys his look-alike when first arriving at the labs where he was built.
JagatWorld
I heard the Second Chapter is up to come..............

??

any news about it ?

Surprised
memsa
This movie evoked mixed feelings in me. The plot was interesting but not well executed. However, I was haunted by visions from it for months.
Ioana
Cerebral Stasis wrote:
SunburnedCactus wrote:

He was assisted by another director (don't remember the name) who had a rather anti-human viewpoint in his movies, while Spielberg has a human emotion viewpoint in his; you can see the other director's work in the parts where there is strange and senseless violence, such as where the child bot furiously destroys his look-alike when first arriving at the labs where he was built.

As far as I remember he was not really assisted. Stanley Kubrick had the plan to make that film, but died before even writing the screenplay. So Spielberg took the project and advertized with Kubricks Name too. I think it was a disaster, because Kubricks Ideas don't really suite Spielbergs style... The result is rather boring.
inesquecivel
It's amazing movie!!!!!!!

Very Happy

Wink