FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Comments on my Video

GoldenEagle
I made this video to help with advertising my site, but I couldn't seem to make the loop line up nicely in the way I wanted it to. Is it really that bad? How "irritating" is the loop restart?

Thanks!
medesignz
Nothing seems to be irritating about the video...

Very Happy
GoldenEagle
Great! It's one of my first videos so I'm working on getting my skills up. Right now the best I can do is use my stills since I don't have a good video camera!
medesignz
Who needs a camera?

You can make videos using slideshows... Which I think you did here.

Dont worry about what you cant do... and start wondering what you CAN
GoldenEagle
Ha ha, thanks.

I like to think positively about these sort of things!
alimddine
The video its ok thanks for posting it here
georgeanghelescu
it is around 1.03. it is tolerable but you didn't hit the measure. if i can make a suggestion: use a more happy background, not black.
taytay
its not bad at all for a first! the video content you were featuring isn't really my kinda thing, but as I was reading the following comments in the thread I was really enjoying the music! haha. Music is a key point to videos. I've seen a few examples of movies where they are able to dub the movie sound track, to show you the contrast of Muting it, and having just actor and scene sounds, and putting different music to it.

Music really does affect your thoughts feelings and emotions. It's a crucial point in videos to pick the right kind of audio to go with it. I'd give this one a plus in that regard for sure!
medesignz
taytay wrote:
its not bad at all for a first! the video content you were featuring isn't really my kinda thing, but as I was reading the following comments in the thread I was really enjoying the music! haha. Music is a key point to videos. I've seen a few examples of movies where they are able to dub the movie sound track, to show you the contrast of Muting it, and having just actor and scene sounds, and putting different music to it.

Music really does affect your thoughts feelings and emotions. It's a crucial point in videos to pick the right kind of audio to go with it. I'd give this one a plus in that regard for sure!
One thing you could try is adding the same visual with different audio.
Dialogist
GoldenEagle wrote:
How "irritating" is the loop restart?

It's not irritating but it's not perfect either. It's fairly easy to make it nearly perfect (near enough that it appears seamless). A few milliseconds out is not detectable. But the closer you get it the smoother it sounds. You just need a free audio editing program like Audacity. I use it fairly often for looping free sound samples. If you're musical (or even if you're not) you'll probably have some idea of 4/4 time signature. They'll usually be 4 beats in a bar in most modern music. You get 3/4 sometimes too but it doesn't matter. You can actually see the beats (peaks) in the audio waveform. Import your sound clip and listen through and decide where you want it to restart. Make a new stereo track. Copy and paste the waveform below so that you have two. Determine the end snare (peak) on the top waveform and the beginning snare (peak) on the one below. Drag the start of the one below to the end of the top one. Zoom in. Align them so the in-point below sits directly under the end-point above (you'll see a pattern in the waveforms even at different times throughout the music). Check to see if the kicks or snares before and after line up too. If they do, you'll always get something good. Fade the top one out on the chosen kick or snare (peak) and fade the bottom one in on the chosen kick or snare (peak). Mix down/render. It's now twice as long. If you need it longer, rinse and repeat. Export it to a usable format (mp3/wav). Go into your video editing app/program. Mute the video's audio. Import new audio. There's your seamless loop.
jajarvin
It is nice.
thomalistic
hey its good, calm and soothing. nothing wrong with it.