FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Drug-dealing “Occupiers” arrested

jmi256
First rapists, crazies, domestic terrorists, rent-a-mobs, everyday simpletons – and now drug dealers. These “Occupy” mobs are becoming a Who’s Who of the Democratic party.

Quote:
Pair Living With Occupy Boston Protesters Arrested For Selling Heroin
BOSTON (CBS) – A man and woman were arrested in Dewey Square for allegedly selling heroin to an undercover police officer.

Thirty-four-year-old Isaac Bell and 31-year-old Charlene Dumont both face drug charges. The two were living in a tent with Occupy Boston protesters on the Rose Kennedy Greenway.

Boston Police officers had been aware of drug activity in the park, and went in to investigate.

According to police, an undercover officer bought heroin from Bell in the men’s bathroom at South Station. Uniformed officers arrested Bell when he returned to his tent in Dewey Square.

Officers recovered the money used to buy the drugs as well as a small bag of heroin and empty plastic bags.

Dumont was arrested for her alleged role in the drug deals. Dumont and Bell were ordered to stay away from the Occupy Boston encampment.

Source = http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/10/24/pair-living-with-occupy-boston-protesters-arrested-for-selling-heroin/
deanhills
Right. Sorry that this has become such a farce, but again, this could be a well organized campaign to discredit the protest. Wish those who are sane could get involved and make their sane voices heard above all of this absurd cacophony!
Evil or Very Mad
jmi256
deanhills wrote:
Right. Sorry that this has become such a farce, but again, this could be a well organized campaign to discredit the protest. Wish those who are sane could get involved and make their sane voices heard above all of this absurd cacophony!
Evil or Very Mad

Campaign? Are you saying the drug dealers are plants?
handfleisch
Interesting how you're shilling for the bankers now, JMI. How many simultaneous smear threads against OWS are you going to start?

Here's something for anyone up for sane discussion:
ocalhoun
jmi256 wrote:
deanhills wrote:
Evil or Very Mad

No. Every movement contains drug dealers.
The campaign to expose wrongdoers within the Occupy movement is the one being complained about.

Nobody is being fooled by this pathetically transparent attempt to discredit them.

If you really want to discredit them by exposing their criminal element, you should show statistics that prove that the movement as a whole has higher rates of criminal activity. Bringing up anecdotal accounts accomplishes nothing.

(And better yet, instead of attacking their character, you could actually make legitimate criticisms of their beliefs and goals... As a debating tactic, what you're doing now basically amounts to name-calling... Repeated, unproven name calling as the exclusive tactic used... Something I would expect out of a 4 year old.)
Josso
handfleisch wrote:
Interesting how you're shilling for the bankers now, JMI. How many simultaneous smear threads against OWS are you going to start?

Looks like someone has a few hang ups
deanhills
jmi256 wrote:
deanhills wrote:
Evil or Very Mad

I have no evidence for or against whether it is a smear campaign. But I'm completely for the OWS cause. I notice that it has spread internationally as well. Something really needs to be done about regulating the Banks again, as obviously one cannot trust the owners of those Banks (in their comfy ivory towers) to act in their client's best interests. Particularly when they are selling low quality investment products to their clients so they can rake in billions in commissions knowing full well what the consequences would be.
jmi256
deanhills wrote:
I have no evidence for or against whether it is a smear campaign. But I'm completely for the OWS cause.

Fair enough, but then you can’t rightfully claim there is a “campaign” with no evidence. The simple fact is that the OWS mobs have attracted bigots, crazy and violent people, thieves, and druggies to their cause.

deanhills wrote:
I notice that it has spread internationally as well.

So has NAMBLA. Does that legitimize it?

deanhills wrote:
Something really needs to be done about regulating the Banks again, as obviously one cannot trust the owners of those Banks (in their comfy ivory towers) to act in their client's best interests. Particularly when they are selling low quality investment products to their clients so they can rake in billions in commissions knowing full well what the consequences would be.

First of all, if you are talking about MBSs, you are going to have to work real hard to make me feel bad for IVY-league educated bankers who traded among themselves for instruments they did not fully understand and took a bath when the music stopped. The fact of the matter is that every trade has a winner and a loser. One person makes money on a trade, and another loses money. If I sell you Google shares for $400 today and it goes to $350 tomorrow, I won, you lost. If it goes to $450, you won, I lost. The is inherent risk, which is why I personally believe that those who do not understand what they are doing are playing with fire. But if someone ignores the risk, by either entering a trade without understanding what they are trading, or someone buys a house they can’t afford because they think/hope the value will go up and they will become millionaires, then they have themselves to blame if it blows up in their face. This idea that you get a Mulligan on the taxpayers’ dime because you took a risk and failed is simply stupid. And this goes for the bank bailouts, which the Left-wingers on the board supported while I warned against the moral hazard of bailing them out.

deanhills wrote:
…one cannot trust the owners of those Banks….

Did you ever ask yourself who owns the banks? I am sure it is not who you seem to assume it is.
ocalhoun
jmi256 wrote:
deanhills wrote:
I have no evidence for or against whether it is a smear campaign. But I'm completely for the OWS cause.

Fair enough, but then you can’t rightfully claim there is a “campaign” with no evidence. The simple fact is that the OWS mobs have attracted bigots, crazy and violent people, thieves, and druggies to their cause.

Evidence?

There ya go. That's some fine evidence of a smear campaign...

Somebody is clearly looking for any dirt they can dig up about the movement, and then giving that dirt the highest exposure they can.
(aka, a smear campaign)
Please note, smear campaigns do NOT need to be composed of false information, especially not when against a diverse group like this, since all large, diverse groups will include criminals and lowlifes.
Quote:

deanhills wrote:
…one cannot trust the owners of those Banks….

Did you ever ask yourself who owns the banks? I am sure it is not who you seem to assume it is.

For the most part, they're publicly traded, so they're owned by a wide variety of people and other corporations.
Part of the reason we're having an economic crisis is that this system has become so complicated and so unregulated that the banks themselves aren't sure who owns them.
(Securities and Exchange Market)
furtasacra
ocalhoun wrote:

Nobody is being fooled by this pathetically transparent attempt to discredit them.

Check this out:

Conservative Writer Admits ‘Infiltrating’ 99 Percent Movement To ‘Mock And Undermine’ It

Patrick Howley, an assistant editor of the right-wing magazine The American Spectator, joined an Occupy group that was marching towards the Air and Space Museum in DC. The REAL protesters were being non-confrontational, so he acted like a jerk until he got himself and several other people pepper-sprayed by museum security.

ocalhoun wrote:
(And better yet, instead of attacking their character, you could actually make legitimate criticisms of their beliefs and goals... As a debating tactic, what you're doing now basically amounts to name-calling... Repeated, unproven name calling as the exclusive tactic used... Something I would expect out of a 4 year old.)

Heh.