FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

server 4's down?

codermage
Plx call us about that, my websites as in server 4 doesn't work :S i cant find any announcement :/
Ghost Rider103
Server 4 does currently seem to be down.

A bit early to tell why. Perhaps give it a few minutes and maybe it will pop back online.

Hopefully it's nothing big. If it is Bondings will probably pop in and give us an update.

You should work on those negative points. Razz
codermage
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
Server 4 does currently seem to be down.

A bit early to tell why. Perhaps give it a few minutes and maybe it will pop back online.

Hopefully it's nothing big. If it is Bondings will probably pop in and give us an update.

You should work on those negative points. Razz

this server doesnt work for last 6 hours. so i began to fear..
deanhills
I'm worried. Usually it starts with one Server down and then kaboom, rest follows. My connection with Frihost just went down for a few minutes. Hope it is not a sign of something, as we are doing so great with all of the posts! The Politics Forum is buzzing again ..... yeahhhh!!!!!
Dancing
Ghost Rider103
Mine went down for a few minutes as well.

I remember some of the biggest downtime's on Frihost were back in the years when we had the most activity. Hopefully our increase activity doesn't have anything to do with it. But I doubt it does.
deanhills
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
Mine went down for a few minutes as well.

I remember some of the biggest downtime's on Frihost were back in the years when we had the most activity. Hopefully our increase activity doesn't have anything to do with it. But I doubt it does.
Right! I've just gone down for a minute this time round. I think something is going to happen. Hope someone can give Bondings a heads up?

I guess I need to sign out now. Or else I won't be able to function at all for work tomorrow.
Very Happy
codermage
i worried to crash server's hard disc. i am taking backup of my documents but i worked all times in the last three days and i won't anything. cuz i forgot it for a lil time and that hell's found me. plx tell me dudes , can i receive my files and original scripts(myself:S) :S
Ghost Rider103
codermage wrote:
i worried to crash server's hard disc. i am taking backup of my documents but i worked all times in the last three days and i won't anything. cuz i forgot it for a lil time and that hell's found me. plx tell me dudes , can i receive my files and original scripts(myself:S) :S

You cant do anything until the server is back online.

Your data is probably safe. There is always a chance you may lose data, but those chances are usually slim. So just hold tight for now until we get further notice on what's going on. If Bondings doesn't pop in soon and the servers are still down I'll make sure he knows of the issue.

Probably won't hear much of anything else till tomorrow morning.

Real sorry about this guys.
ocalhoun
codermage wrote:
plx tell me dudes , can i receive my files and original scripts(myself:S) :S

The downtime is probably not because of a hard drive crash. So, your files and scripts will probably be there just fine when it comes back up.

In the event of a hard drive crash though, you might lose some things. There might not be backups, or if there are backups, they might be old.
I think Bondings started making backups after the terrible hard drive crash of sever 2 years ago... but I'm not sure.

You won't be able to follow such advice until server 4 comes back online, but to everybody else reading, DO make backups of your websites! It's the responsible thing for any website-owner to do, no matter if the server is backed up or not, you should always make your own backups; that way you can be sure about it.
codermage
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
codermage wrote:

You cant do anything until the server is back online.

Your data is probably safe. There is always a chance you may lose data, but those chances are usually slim. So just hold tight for now until we get further notice on what's going on. If Bondings doesn't pop in soon and the servers are still down I'll make sure he knows of the issue.

Probably won't hear much of anything else till tomorrow morning.

Real sorry about this guys.

tyvm for support <3
johans
I see... thats why i cannot access my site also. so this means the server is down... hmmm... somebody knows for how many hours is it down? What seems to be the problem? where we can see the post or notification that the server is down?

Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question
codermage
johans wrote:
I see... thats why i cannot access my site also. so this means the server is down... hmmm... somebody knows for how many hours is it down? What seems to be the problem? where we can see the post or notification that the server is down?

Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question

11 hours.. :/
johans
Okay now i know. I hope that this will resolve as soon as possible.

Guys i found this tools and i am sure this is helpfull if the server is down.
http://www.pingdom.com/
This will notify us if the server is down via email and SMS. it is free but only for one server if it is more than one there is a payment but take the advantage for free.. i am not promoting this because this is not mine. I just find this tool to aware if our server is down.

Thank you all.

Very Happy
cybersa
Oh Bad News Sad
Ok we have to wait for Bondings to restore all.
Peterssidan
The time in Belgium is 04:30 AM so if Bonding have to restart the server you will have to wait at least until he wakes up.
Navigator
Thats a lot of time! At least some post to assure us he is working on it, its been 11 hours!
loremar
No I think Bondings is really wrapping up Frihost for good. Razz
Bondings no longer showing up.
Post counts low.
Admins no longer showing up.
Introductions section filled with spammers.
Just look around. Frihost is doomed. It's like the end of the world.

hehe... Razz
Navigator
Certainly Bondings has done a great job, I don't think he would just "throw out" all that work without a careful consideration, we are with you Bondings!
Gitesh
Its still down.,
I dont have any back up of my sites, hope everything goes back to normal..
johans
How many servers are down?
flamepjlh
johans wrote:
How many servers are down?

Only one: Server 4                                    

unfortunately my web host on this one                             
Sad Sad Mad
johans
same here..

How to enroll or transfer with other servers? are we allowed to choose a server?
codermage
Gitesh wrote:
Its still down.,
I dont have any back up of my sites, hope everything goes back to normal..

i hope too :/ sorry.. still waiting for good news..
deanhills
johans wrote:
Okay now i know. I hope that this will resolve as soon as possible.

Guys i found this tools and i am sure this is helpfull if the server is down.
http://www.pingdom.com/
This will notify us if the server is down via email and SMS. it is free but only for one server if it is more than one there is a payment but take the advantage for free.. i am not promoting this because this is not mine. I just find this tool to aware if our server is down.

Thank you all.

Very Happy
Bondings established Twitter as the medium for status reports when we're down, but I checked and there is no report from Bondings yet.
http://twitter.com/#!/frihost
cybersa
Still Server 4 is down.
We want it back soon.
Pls Bondings..
Copied Emotion from deanhills.
Gitesh
Cant see any activity on twitter, is there a way to reach Admin.
sledge32
I also have 2 sites on this server which are all down
hope the system comes back up soon.
sledge32
I've just check and my sites are back online

Thank you Bondings
codermage
oh i relieved now.. server 4 active yet Smile "elhamdülillah"

tyvm ..
deanhills
Thanks very much for fixing Server 4, nice to see all the green ticks again!
Gitesh
First thing to do when I wake up tommorrow, to make backups of all hosting and keep doing it every week.,
Thanks that server is back online. Checked status many times today. Relived.
cybersa
Thanks Bondings.
Now Server back online. :0
Navigator
Thanks a bunch for the fix, much appreciated!
johans
server 4 is UP and working now...

Thank you.... cool..... HAVE A GREAT DAY TO ALL!!!!!!

Applause Applause
ocalhoun
cybersa wrote:
Thanks Bondings.

Last I heard, Bondings has a contract with a company in Texas, and they are the ones who actually run and maintain the physical servers...
It's possible that the server went down and they fixed it without Bondings even knowing anything about it.

(If he knew about it, there would probably an announcement about it by now, or some replies here by him. He's always been very actively involved in any discussion about downtime in the past.)

So, since it is back up now, is everybody's data still intact?

If so, this would be a wonderful time to have a wake-up call and make some backups of your website!
johans
Speaking of backup... anybody knows how to backup all data like .... back up all data in our home domain and how to download it. i did not see it in cpanel in frihost.

thanks

Idea
Josso
johans wrote:
Speaking of backup... anybody knows how to backup all data like .... back up all data in our home domain and how to download it. i did not see it in cpanel in frihost.

thanks

Idea

Do you just mean files? You can download all via FTP by just CTRL+A in your root and download using your preferred FTP client. Otherwise for databases, you can backup I believe in phpMyAdmin - if it's a database for a forum for example, you don't have to go into control panel for this... just do it from the forum administration panel.

Thread related:
http://www.cybermilitia.net/frihoststatus/
Bookmark
johans
Thanks for your comment/suggestions Josso...

Idea
ocalhoun
Josso wrote:

Do you just mean files? You can download all via FTP by just CTRL+A in your root and download using your preferred FTP client.

cpanel should also have a function that will take all your files and put them into a single compressed file that you can download as a single file.

If your website (like many do) has a lot of small files, it may be faster to do it this way.
(Especially if you have a high-speed, but also high-latency connection like I do. For me, even with a multi-worker FTP client, doing a direct FTP backup takes days, while a compress-then-backup takes only a few hours.)
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
cybersa wrote:
Thanks Bondings.

Last I heard, Bondings has a contract with a company in Texas, and they are the ones who actually run and maintain the physical servers...
It's possible that the server went down and they fixed it without Bondings even knowing anything about it.

(If he knew about it, there would probably an announcement about it by now, or some replies here by him. He's always been very actively involved in any discussion about downtime in the past.)

So, since it is back up now, is everybody's data still intact?

If so, this would be a wonderful time to have a wake-up call and make some backups of your website!
Thanks for this info Ocalhoun. I've been missing a note from Bondings and your explanation sounds right on. It was the company that must have sorted things out.

For me this is a wake-up call to redo my Website. When I departed in May (or thought I had) I had cleaned out my Website in readiness for it to be deleted, and never got to redo it, for a very simple reason. It is a real headache to upload the files. So thanks, you've just given me a fantastic idea of how to upload my files. I.e. compress and then upload via cPanel, instead of trying to do it with my Expression Web Editor. You would not believe it, anything over 250kb is almost impossible from my computer to my Website without timing out. And frustratingly slow. I have an 8MB ADSL so should not be that either.
Bondings
I'm sorry about the downtime. The server stopped responding for some reason and needed to be rebooted.

The reason it took so long was because I was only aware of it yesterday (I'm moving and it was a hectic day and didn't check the servers before going to sleep for one time, talk about bad luck) and then the actual reboot request took a very long time.
deanhills
Bondings wrote:
I'm sorry about the downtime. The server stopped responding for some reason and needed to be rebooted.

The reason it took so long was because I was only aware of it yesterday (I'm moving and it was a hectic day and didn't check the servers before going to sleep for one time, talk about bad luck) and then the actual reboot request took a very long time.
Aha ..... mystery solved. Any idea when you will be active at the Forum again? We're definitely missing you! Like the body is there but the soul is missing.
cybersa
@ocalhoun
Thanks for your notification to backup.

@Bondings
Your points are going down.
So you have to active in this forum lol Very Happy
Yeah,We are really missing you.
Sad
loremar
I just found this thread in freewebhostingtalk ->http://www.freewebhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?3380-A-Small-Question
Here Bondings defended post to host against some critic. It was dated June 2006.

What's funny, 5 years later the same month, Bondings is cheering his 1 millionth forum post. Bonding's 1 million posts blog post dated June 25 that was exactly two days before I joined frihost. Funny ha? Very Happy

*Sorry for the off topic. I'm really not the kind of guy who post new threads because I'm too shy so I thought I might share this here after I saw Bondings showed up, it reminded me this.
Bondings
deanhills wrote:
Bondings wrote:

Aha ..... mystery solved. Any idea when you will be active at the Forum again? We're definitely missing you! Like the body is there but the soul is missing.

I'll do my best. I'll probably have quite some time on some days and pretty much none on others. But most likely not as bad as it has been lately. Wink
johans
Thanks for the update bondings.. CHEERS!!!

We are all happy that the server is UP.... THANKS AGAIN.

Applause Applause
ocalhoun
cybersa wrote:

@Bondings
Your points are going down.

Nice catch!

But wait...

If Bondings' hosting account is removed, does that mean all of Frihost goes down!?!

We can't let that happen!
deanhills
Think Hmmm .... I thought all staff had the option to keep their points at 45 if they were absent from the Board. Since Bondings is not exercising his, maybe that shows integrity of the kind that would keep Frihost from going down?
Better yet, where do you find a Webhost who says goodnight to his servers every night before he goes to sleep? With a bond like that, how could Frihost ever go down?
Ghost Rider103
deanhills wrote:
Think Hmmm .... I thought all staff had the option to keep their points at 45 if they were absent from the Board.

No, our points will go down just like everyone else's points, as long as we're hosted. We have special ways to modify it. But I try to play fair. Very Happy

Quote:
Better yet, where do you find a Webhost who says goodnight to his servers every night before he goes to sleep? With a bond like that, how could Frihost ever go down?

This made me laugh out loud. Laughing
loremar
Server 4 is down again.
deanhills
loremar wrote:
Server 4 is down again.
I checked the link below, but only notice portions of Server 4 not working. How long has Server 4 been down for you?

Looks as though Server 3 may have some problems too. Hope Bondings will pick up on it soon.

loremar
I saw that link earlier and everything was down. I guess they're already fixing it. Hope it goes back up again soon, as I'm in the middle of working something on my blog now.
Ghost Rider103
It seems to be back up and running again.

Though the server load is at 11.9 and the norm looks like is usually averaging about 1.3. I'm no expert on this, but I wouldn't say the server is totally stable yet.

I'd recommend anyone on server 4 create a backup while the server is back online, just in case the server goes back down. It's quite rare for you to lose any content and has only ever happened once in nearly 6 years out of four servers. But better safe than sorry - so back your content up.

The server load is decreasing, down to 10.4 now, so it might just have to do with part of the server going down and needing to be repaired/restarted.

I think everything will probably be fine now though.
johans
Is this resolved? my site is down until now? can someone tell me that there site is back to normal? because i was worried my site is DOWN until now.
Ghost Rider103
All frihost servers are up and running great! So your site should be working, as the servers are all up and running and have been since I last posted in this thread..
johans
ohhh... i think i am affected with the downtime..
i dont have back up on my site.
i got error on my site.. ahhh.... so bad.
Confused
Navigator
I got a strange inno db error crashing my site.
deanhills
@Johans. If you are referring to the site in your Signature, then I have no problems getting it up.
mukesh
Back now Very Happy
Navigator
I am experiencing right now this error:

Code:
#1286 - Unknown table engine 'InnoDB'

I am on server 4.
johans
I got same error with navigator.

what I did is i restore my website and now its working again. I suggest to restore it to make it works again.

I hope that helps. Good Luck.