FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Free Forums?

Wd_removed
Reading the TOS I saw no paid forums.. Is the free PHPBB alright then? I want to attach a forum to my site.
Bondings
Welliottdude wrote:
Reading the TOS I saw no paid forums.. Is the free PHPBB alright then? I want to attach a forum to my site.

Yes, phpBB, smf and a lot of other ones are allowed.
Summer
One more thing . There is a auto installer for phpBB 2.0.17 in Fantastico .
I wonder the DirectAdmin Server have it ?
n0obie4life
Nope.

DA is a DIY Wink
thetommyzone
Why not?
dan751
thetommyzone wrote:
Why not?

DirectAdmin does not have Fantastico.Wink At least not yet. But I don't know if Bondings is going to add Fantastico to DirectAdmin.
Bondings
dan751 wrote:
thetommyzone wrote:
Why not?

DirectAdmin does not have Fantastico.Wink At least not yet. But I don't know if Bondings is going to add Fantastico to DirectAdmin.

Fantastico is only compatible with cPanel.
n0obie4life
Unless you'd be kind to provide a version of Fantastico for DA.
dan751
n0obie4life wrote:
Unless you'd be kind to provide a version of Fantastico for DA.

I don't know whether or not there is a version for DA, from what I'm reading from the official website, there is only the cPanel version. Confused So, yes, Bondings would be right.
n0obie4life
I meant make one.
Lord Klorel
Can somebody tell me where i must upload the files of my excisting forum so i can use it?

When the upload is finished, than can i back-up the database of my forum.

So the main question is in what folder must upload the forum files?

Is it public_html? or is Public_ftp?

I hope someone can tell me.
n0obie4life
public_html Wink
Lord Klorel
For the installation of my forum, i always get an error message.

Must i create a database first, before i can install the forum?

What kind of MySQL gebruiken jullie hier?

I know it sounds newby, but it is my first time here.

i hope that someone can answer me.
Summer
Yes , u must first create a database b4 installing phpBB .
For example : you create a database called phpbb for phpBB forum , then when u install just type phpbb into a textarea called database name .
Lord Klorel
Now i have installed my forum and operating it.

Do i have still a problem. When i enter my login and password, my computer ask me to connected to to the old location of the forum.

How can i prevented that everyone will see this problem?

where must i seek to the problem that create a link between my forum on his previous location and my forum on this host.

Can somebody tell me how i can kill the links to my old forum. On my website are those links destroyed, but where can i find the other links that connected me?
Bondings
Lord Klorel, you may pose your questions in Dutch if you are more familiar with that, but not everyone will understand it. (ik wel)

So, please tell us, did you use an 'old' database from another host or did you create a new one? If you transferred the old database, then you will have to change some config values in the phpbb_config table (always change the old site to the new site). And watch out, because there are more than 30 fields.

If this is not the case, then please explain your problem a bit more, because I didn't understand it completely.

And also mention the specific location of the forum/problems. (url)
b4Lz0R
phpbb RULEZ!
n0obie4life
b4Lz0R wrote:
phpbb RULEZ!

Looking at all your posts. I can tell you your not getting your hosting, unless the admin that approves your account is in good mood

Bondings wrote:
So, please tell us, did you use an 'old' database from another host or did you create a new one? If you transferred the old database, then you will have to change some config values in the phpbb_config table (always change the old site to the new site). And watch out, because there are more than 30 fields.

I can do that easily for him with a db_update.php and he just runs it on his webbroswer with his domain and where he placed his forum.
Lord Klorel
Het laatste probleem waar ik met verveeld zit is dat als ik telkens een beweging maak op het forum dat ik op de host installeerde, steeds terug naar mijn oude forum word verwezen.

Als ik goed heb nagedacht, zou ket kunnen dat de oude database van mijn forum dat ik heb geinstalleerd, dat daar linken inzitten die mij doorverbinden met mijn forum dat bij mijn vorige hosting provider is gelegen?

Als mijn gedachte juist is, zal ik dus het forum volledig moet verwijderen en tevens het database bestand verwijderen en volledig terug opnieuw moeten beginnen. (Leden terug registeren, forum opbouwen,...)

Kan iemand mij hierin verder helpen?

Sorry for writing in Dutch!
Bondings
Lord Klorel wrote:
Als ik goed heb nagedacht, zou ket kunnen dat de oude database van mijn forum dat ik heb geinstalleerd, dat daar linken inzitten die mij doorverbinden met mijn forum dat bij mijn vorige hosting provider is gelegen?

Dit is althans mijn idee. Kun je misschien een link naar dat forum geven, zodat ik het kan bekijken?

Als dit het geval is, dan is de oplossing meestal tamelijk gemakkelijk. Gewoon wat waarden veranderen in je phpbb_config table van je database. (naam van oude site --> naam van nieuwe site)
Lord Klorel
I am looking for installing rank images on my forum, but what is the beginning of the file path that i need to fill in.

I know that it doesn't make any difference where i upload the files, but the path for getting the files visible that is a great mystery.

Can somebody tell me the first steps for getting my rank images visible?

I hope that somebody can tell me this.
n0obie4life
http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article.php?article_id=208

Knowledge Base.

IF your still confused, you could pay me some FRIH$ for me to install your rank images Very Happy
Lord Klorel
Sorry for writing in dutch again.

Als ik nu inlog op mijn forum, dan zie ik mezelf online staan, behalve dat het forum zich niet direct aanpast voor een online member.

Ik moet eigenlijk 2 keer inloggen om volledig online te zijn. Hoe kan dit kleine probleem opgelost worden, omdat ik mijn leden niet gek wil laten worden.

Kan iemand mij helpen. Crying or Very sad
Bondings
Lord Klorel, voor de "path", moet je het relatief tov je forum nemen. Als de ranks zich in /forum/images/ranks/ bevinden, moet je /image/ranks/image.jpg invullen.

Voor het online tonen aan de onderkant van het forum kan het zijn dat het je pas online toont nadat je een andere pagina bekijkt.