FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Treasure Island

rogue_skydragon
Has anyone here read this classic novel by Robert Louis Stevenson? I feel like I'm the only guy on the planet that has never read it. What are your thoughts?
Radar
I feel like very few have ever actually read it.

I would like to.
portoskt
yes, i like it
Blummer
Nice novel. Still prefer it to many novels about travelling. And the characters are adorable, particularly John Silver. Laughing It's a quite common thing when characters like this are still attractive.
jajarvin
This novel is one of my favourite books.
Radar
I have actually worked my way through part of the text a while. I think it didn't quite live up to expectations, but then, it's hard to, give the incredibly elevated view that you get of the work from everything that came after. I mean, this is a book that inspired multiple retellings and transformations and everything. It's become a phrase that countless swathes of our civilisation know.

Then again, perhaps I just need to read more period works.
Cruxader
Stevenson is a very good writer. Highly recommend anything he wrote. Treasure Island is a great read, although it's been years since I've read it.

You should read the "Strange case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" which he wrote. You of course know the story, but you can't really appreciate it until you read it for yourself. Very well done.
Blummer
They're all amazing. It's not common today to have a writer who can just stretch out a hand and lead you into that world of adventures, so that you won't even skip a single page.
baboosaa
we have so many movies and games about it....some may have read about it....but at present, i guess very few have read....
codegeek
I haven't read Treasure Island. However, I have indeed read "The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde" by Robert Louis Stevenson. I really loved it, and is still one my favourite pieces of writing. So, I think I'll add Treasure Island to my reading list.