FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Shower or bath .... what is your preference?

deanhills
Both shower and bath are a little bit of a challenge as water pressure is not that great over here. Also quality of water is the pits, given that most water here in the UAE is desalinated water. So one should probably not spend too much time in it.

So I don't have much of a choice here. It's sort of forced on a person. Shower is the lesser of two evils and the quicker one can get in and out of it, the healthier for a person.

So what is yours? And do you have good quality water where you are?
Very Happy
truespeed
I prefer a bath,the quality of water in the UK is good considering everyone is stoned all the time. Wink
deanhills
truespeed wrote:
I prefer a bath,the quality of water in the UK is good considering everyone is stoned all the time. Wink

Long time since I've laughed like this .....

Now all I need to do when I visit London next time is to ask people whether they prefer to shower or bath and I'll have the answer .... hehe ....
standready
truespeed wrote:

Laughing Rolling Eyes

As for myself, I prefer a shower. Can't see how sitting in the dirty water is going to make me clean. However a good hot soak for the aching bones is welcomed.
Peterssidan
I can't remember when I last took a bath in a bathtub. I think I prefer the shower because it's quicker and I believe it takes less water but a bath can feel good especially when the air is cold. Now I don't even have a bathtub so I always use the shower. The water quality is good so that is not a concern.

truespeed wrote:
Everyone else laugh at this but I don't get it. Is the water better when you are drunk? Or do you mean people get stoned by drinking the water?
ocalhoun
Peterssidan wrote:

truespeed wrote:
Everyone else laugh at this but I don't get it. Is the water better when you are drunk? Or do you mean people get stoned by drinking the water?

It's a reference to another thread: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-129799-2.html...
One where the UK is described as being full of drug addicts.
Nameless
Showers are faster than baths, take up less space than baths, use less water than baths (... I think? Depending?) and actually wash away your dirt instead of floating in it more than baths. Showers win.
ankitdatashn
I prefer taking a shower, however these days am taking bath from the tub as the shower attachment has got detached from the pipe. Shower is quick and saves time and also feels nicer whereas if it's cold then bath from tub makes you feel colder in between when you put mugs of water on your body.

3 cheers for showers Very Happy
missdixy
Totally depends on the day and how I'm feeling. I usually prefer showers for efficiency, but when I'm extra tired/sore and have some time on my hands I'll go ahead and opt for a bath. They're usually more relaxing but like I said, less efficient.
Ghost Rider103
Definitely a shower. A bath is too long for me.

I like to get in and out quickly, though maybe that's just because I'm usually rushed in the mornings and don't have too much time. Though I do like to enjoy a nice longer shower once in a while.

Quality of the water is great here in South Dakota, in the bigger city anyways.
coolclay
10 minutes in and out. That's the extent of my bathing regimen, so shower is my bathing choice. Easy, fast, saves water, and you can fit 2 people! With 2 people it takes a little more time, but I would argue it's still easier than 2 people trying to take a bath (w/ the exception of little kids).
Helios
Well I live in a small apartment (75 m^2), rented, and the bathroom at first was in such a bad shape that the bath was used for storage rather than washing. I'm talking about stains and stuff like that.
I've got the place redone a few months back and I asked the builders to take away that horrible bath and leave only the shower. I'm used to it so I don't mind having just a shower.
Nameless
Helios wrote:
Well I live in a small apartment (75 m^2), rented, and the bathroom at first was in such a bad shape that the bath was used for storage rather than washing. I'm talking about stains and stuff like that.

Stains? Oh no! You should see the ceiling of my bathroom. You should, but you won't because of the layer of mold that's been there since I moved in. On the upside, it does wonders for encouraging water-saving and regular scouring of the surfaces I actually need to put my feet on.

... Wait, so then where did you wash until your bathroom was redone?
bukaida
I have to go to office in the morning on week days. So the option is just take a bucket of water and finish shower within 30 sec to 1 min Very Happy . On sunday or other holiday, I sometimes go to the near by swimming pool and take the bath (If you call it Bath Very Happy ). The untreated water quality is not very good in Kolkata ( Full of iron and salt). So quicker is better.
timetorock
A quick shower at the morning is just fine for me. A bath is an option in rare occasions...
speeDemon
I always have a shower... haven't taken bath in a bath tub for like 8 years! I have to get in and get out fast, and showers help me on that front..
Helios
Nameless wrote:
Helios wrote:

Stains? Oh no! You should see the ceiling of my bathroom. You should, but you won't because of the layer of mold that's been there since I moved in. On the upside, it does wonders for encouraging water-saving and regular scouring of the surfaces I actually need to put my feet on.

... Wait, so then where did you wash until your bathroom was redone?

In the old shower Sad Yes, uncomfortable, that's for sure.
Anyway, I also had problems with ceiling mold, so I cleaned it with a moist towel ( the mold comes off rather easily) and applied some anti-mold paint. Now I just keep the bathroom ventilated and hopefully the mold won't come back Smile
vidafenomenal
bath + shower is better.
shivaghimire
I prefer shower in the morning but bathe is good in the day time. But sometimes I go swimming in river (I don't prefer pool) as my country has lots of rivers and has good, romantic feelings.
menino
vidafenomenal wrote:
bath + shower is better.

I agree to both bath and shower, but most of the time, I take a shower only.
Once in a while though, I get the chance to do both, but never at home.. I usually just soak in a hot bath, or even a jacuzzi, if in a hotel or gym, and then wash myself off with a shower.

In my earlier working days, when posted in different countries, and the water pressure was good, I'd take a quick shower after a long tiring day, then soak in a bath till I fall asleep, and wake up from the uncomfortable position of my head, then take another quick shower to wash off, and then finally a nice peacefull sleep, till the next morning's work schedule..... aaahhh.. I miss those days. Laughing
faten
i always take bath except when i travel i take shower
LostOverThere
Depends on the mood. If I want to be clean quick, than a shower it is. But if I have the time and just want to relax, than bath's are perfect.
Blaster
I'm a shower person. I shower every day and couldn't see myself sitting in a tube... Its faster to shower and really is cleaner... at least in my mind. Water pressure here isn't bad not as good as home but not bad