FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Keep domain name in URL space

Garg
Hi,

I have my domain added on through the c-panel, and everytime i put on my domain name, the URL shown on my browser changes to the frihost subdomain. What should i do in order to keep my domain name shown in the url of the browser ?

www.vanhaute.ws

Thanks a bunch...
Bondings
First of all, the addon domain was redirected to your subdomain. I now removed that redirect and made the addon on your site directory/subdomain.

However, that was only half of the problem and it still redirects to your subdomain, most likely because of xoops being installed like your subdomain. You normally just need to change the settings in xoops from your subdomain to your domain. There is probably a settings page or a config file or a config entry in the database to do that.

If you need more help with this, please ask for it.
Garg
Well, i don't really what you did, but nothing seems to work anymore Mad...

I've got database connection problems while that shouldn't have changed (My SQL tables are still located at the same place)... Can you have a look, cause i have no idea where to begin looking Sad

I guess it's because i've defined the xoops root directory as my frihost subdomain that it keeps showing the frihost URL ? Is that what i have to change ? It's probably an entry of a table, but if i can't connect to it (as it seems to be happening)

Anyway, thanks for your help ...

Garg
Garg
Nevermind... I've fixed the database connection problems (or so it seems)... But i still have the differences in URL ...

I've changed the "mainfile" entry for the virtual host and given it the domain name, but it still doesnt change... I hate to annoy you with this, but i just feel it's important ...
Bondings
Go to the mainfile.php and change this:
Quote:
define('XOOPS_URL', 'http://www.vanhaute.frihost.net/site');

to
Quote:
define('XOOPS_URL', 'http://www.vanhaute.ws');

This should hopefully be enough.

You might also have to change some cookie settings or something similar. (probably in the same file)