FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Diabetes and Sex

sledge32
Diabetes ia a disease in which sugar and starch are not properly obsorbed by the body.

Does having sex with someone who is Diabetic can cause you to develope this illness latter in life?
amitseo
I think no.It is not the disease like this.
czarcasm
sledge32 wrote:
Diabetes ia a disease in which sugar and starch are not properly obsorbed by the body.

Does having sex with someone who is Diabetic can cause you to develope this illness latter in life?

No, diabetes is not sexually transmitted. It is developed based on genetics or diet and has nothing to do with sex.
Peterssidan
The Coxsackie B4 virus seems to be able to cause diabetes. So if your partner has this virus I assume that means an increased risk.
czarcasm
Peterssidan wrote:
The Coxsackie B4 virus seems to be able to cause diabetes. So if your partner has this virus I assume that means an increased risk.

Even with the virus, "genetic predisposition appears to be important" (Your Link). If one were already genetically configured toward type 1 diabetes and then came in contact with the virus then yes I suppose then the virus could become transmitted during sex, but diabetes itself remains non-transferable.
ExMachina
Peterssidan wrote:

Nothing about that link states that it can be transmitted via sexual intercourse, and as cazarcasm pointed out genetic disposition seems to be the most important factor in determining the effect this virus will have on an individual.
Peterssidan
ExMachina wrote:
Peterssidan wrote:

Nothing about that link states that it can be transmitted via sexual intercourse, and as cazarcasm pointed out genetic disposition seems to be the most important factor in determining the effect this virus will have on an individual.

It is a virus so I assumed it could be transmitted by having sex. I know there are other factors that are more important, that's why I said it increased the risk.
Seniorproject
I don't think it is possible to transmit Diabetes... I would think you would have to ingest a lot of sugar in order to make your pancreas fail.
sledge32
I think if you are living and having sex with a partner who has diabetes for a very long time, let say 20 years, i think there is a possibility that the infected partner can cause diabetes to develpoe in you.
czarcasm
sledge32 wrote:
I think if you are living and having sex with a partner who has diabetes for a very long time, let say 20 years, i think there is a possibility that the infected partner can cause diabetes to develpoe in you.

On the contrary, I know quite a few couples with only one of the partners having diabetes and they've been together for more than 20 years. It's just not a contagious disease. There's no "diabetes virus"; although we have decided there is one that may encourage diabetes.

As well, living with a person who has diabetes can actually help one avoid developing diabetes. Following the other partner's diet and and healthy lifestyle may actually be a benefit, rather than harm.
airh3ad
Maybe the Diabetes can affect sexual function, and as uncomfortable as it may sound, you may need to discuss this with your doctor (and certainly with your partner and they said Also, the fact that uncontrolled diabetes can sap strength and therefore sexual desire, may play a role in the problem. Diabetic women have a predisposition to chronic vaginal infections, which may also interfere with normal sexual pleasure.
itianda
I don't think so. They don't have any relations...
D'Artagnan
GOD, NO!

Diabetes not transmited in ANY way, unless you think glutony is contagious, because the only way you my "contract" is by overeating sugar when having a genetic predisposition for the disease.

diabetes is purelly individual if you have some health problem a predisposition for the disease may trigger it. I know a few people with diabetes and the biggest problem for them is not eating candy and stuff.
magnustoday
Of course not!
mukesh
according to know knowledge both have no any relation.
KND1510
Diabetes is not transmitted sexually but can be genetically.