FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Is my Site a Trusted Certificate Site

Possum
Hi

When someone browses to my site. What information about my site will be given to the person.

I'm just learning about "TRUSTED CERTIFICATES"

Thank you..
deanhills
Possum wrote:
Hi

When someone browses to my site. What information about my site will be given to the person.

I'm just learning about "TRUSTED CERTIFICATES"

Thank you..
Is it possible to provide us with a URL. Usually when it is not a trusted certificate the tab will become a different colour and you will know it immediately. Best way to check is to circulate your URL to a few friends and ask them.
Asap170
if it's a .frih.org domain then I believe it is cause Frihost should have their certifications and since it's for the domain it be the same for the sub-domain.
Possum
My URL is working OK. And is trusted.

I'm just learning about how this system works.

Thx
menino
Trusted sites usually should have some transactions going on in them in order to be able to be deemed "trusted".
This can be with use of an ssl certificate from thawte.com or verisign.com,, or other ssl providers.

Also, you can generate self-signed certificates for your site, if you want.
This will protect your site transactions from being sniffed by hackers, or the like.
k_s_baskar
You need Dedicated ip for your domain to get trusted certificate with is called as SSL. You can't able to get dedicated IP here.