FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I don't get it. Where does Fri Hosting get money to run?

danthyman
I mean to say that they don't have any advertisements on your sites so they probably aren't making a terrible amount of money to keep the site running. I suppose with all these people posting on the forums people see some Advertisements.
n0obie4life
danthyman wrote:
I mean to say that they don't have any advertisements on your sites so they probably aren't making a terrible amount of money to keep the site running. I suppose with all these people posting on the forums people see some Advertisements.

Bondings is just prolly meeting the mark and a little bit of profit. But I don't think he'll tell anyone.
Saido
I don't know how they do that.
But there is a lot of ads here.
When you write a post you gat at least 2ads and if you have to find a interesting forum you'll pass about 20ads and you have to do that min. 5times.
budazz
y are bothered about the ads...thats y frihost is a great free hosting ...one of the reason is it doesnt force you to post any ads...but if you want to put ads in your site...its free to do that...with your own..

y do you want to force others to put ads in their site...if they dont want to..

cant you see the main forums has a lot of adverstisements...the reason is, instead of putting this bunch of ads in your site...bondings decided to put it on the main site..so no need to put it again in your website...
tidruG
Well, Frihost makes just about enough money to keep itself running and perhaps a little more for some upgrades (for instance, we just bought a new server Very Happy)
THis money is generally obtained from revenue off the ads that you see on the main Frihost site and forums.
n0obie4life
Let's see, a new server generally costs over a thousand. And FRIHost opened in May, till now its 5 months.

5 months (taking in account that each month has 30 and not that some has 31) = 150 days

Taking that the server is a thousand -

$1000 / 150 = $6.67 per day Wink
cnnet
you can see so many GG ADs here
and it does pay very well
so fri can get the money to support free hosting for us
even if we came here Wink
GraphicalCaviar
thats an awesome concept..

generating revenue from the forum, while providing members free webhosting space.

thumbs up!
mark
Yes, by advertisements, you do earn a lot of money. Suppose you just click on them to have a look at what the product really offers, frihost must be getting atleast 15 cents per click. Also, you can create a paypal donate sign and allow people to donate some money. That would even earn you more than advertisements.
gonzo
money laundering...
dragonflame
bondings is ET, so who knows how much alien gold he has? He can use his finger to get money wired over. Not to mention how much he made in the movie!
nilsmo
Unfortunately, Bondings probably doesn't get a lot of money for himself...
joshua_erceg
I definitley agree that placing adds on the forums instead of the users websites is a great idea!
I don't actually think that there are more than you would find on any other site Very Happy
izcool
Advertisements do work in fact. I know of a staff member of a gaming site who had told me that the gaming site he works for gets about $100 every 3 days from Google's ads. Like whoah. Surprised

- Mike.
gonzo
gonzo wrote:
money laundering...

drug trafficing?
jarcelao
gonzo wrote:
gonzo wrote:
money laundering...

drug trafficing?

hahahahaha! Very Happy

This one really made my day! I almost fell out of my chair. Very Happy Cool
picsite
a lot of sites do this kind of stuff....But none of them say if they make profit or how much they make....becuz with all this bandwidth and webspace hes giving to ppl for free he must me payin a lot at the same time he must be gettin a lot from ads
FireFoxDB
[beg]Give me a share of the earnings please! I need money for my Xbox 360 + games and accesoires!

I'll put even ads on my sites plz plz plz!![/beg] Very Happy

Lol!

I didn't knew ads earn you money, and do you earn money by clicks or both clicks and having it on you're site.
SgtGarcia
There are different kinds of ads, all those banners you see are usually paid per view. You get money everytime somebody sees it. Some ads give you a share in the earnings when you put the ads on your site. The googleads you see all over the weg pay better than "dumb" banners. They display ads with the same subject as the page you are viewing.
shank
it's an interesting model to work with, it's great for all the users really, as of this time I haven't actually used this service but it does sound interesting (feature wise)

keep the good work then, I guess Cool
mike4652
I don't know how it all works out, but I sure am thankful that it does and I hope that it keeps going. This is a awsome service that Frihost is offering. And it is real nice not having to deal with ads on our web sites like others do. I guess that this should inspire us all to promote Frihost as much as we can.
gonzo
jarcelao wrote:
gonzo wrote:
gonzo wrote:
money laundering...

drug trafficing?

hahahahaha! Very Happy

This one really made my day! I almost fell out of my chair. Very Happy Cool

Cool Cool
SNES350
gonzo wrote:
gonzo wrote:
money laundering...

drug trafficing?
Shhh don't let the secret out! We don't want Frihost going away Wink
rafaelplinio
Obviously money is not the problem for the owner of this website.

Sometimes, people have two of the same business, and one is for test, while the other is for money.

this one is not the one for money... I think...

Or... there are more things in here that we can understand!!!

bye!
missdixy
Woops, I guess I never really thought about Frihost having ads! I suppose this means I should add them to my list of allowed websites on my AdBlockPlus plugin for Firefox, since I never see any ads on here on my computer which means they are probably being blocked and I'd like to support Frihost.
Arty
Frihost has ads, but most active members can easily take them off using Frih$ so I can't see how they're a good source of income.
nam_siddharth
Arty wrote:
Frihost has ads, but most active members can easily take them off using Frih$ so I can't see how they're a good source of income.

Does Frihost really have ads? I cannot see any in forums. There are some ads on main page, but who visits main page anyway..
Bondings
The ads are pretty much only shown to visitors/guests. There are some ads for logged in users, but can be hidden for frih$ (on the account page).

The ads on the home page will be removed whenever I actually have a new version for the home page.
Bluedoll
Besides drugs and money laundering – girls for the evening! Laughing

n0obie4life wrote:
Let's see, a new server generally costs over a thousand. And FRIHost opened in May, till now its 5 months.

5 months (taking in account that each month has 30 and not that some has 31) = 150 days

Taking that the server is a thousand -

$1000 / 150 = $6.67 per day Wink

+ Isn’t there also monthly service provider fees and an annual registration fee for the name?
Ghost Rider103
Do you mean for the domain name? If so that isn't much. You can register a domain for a year for under $20, and usually even cheaper if you look hard enough. I can find more money on the ground than that in a week.
goutha
I am also using adblockplus with firefox. After reading diffrents posts I decided to change my setting and allow firefox to show ads for frihost website. I love frihost and I think that I should support it. If there's an ad there that interests me, I'll click on it...
Donutey
Ads!
DeltaM
There sure is an awesome service Frihost provides Smile and I hope it will be running for a long time. It would be cool to see how much money this forum makes per month though but ofcourse I understand that the admins keeps that kind of information for themselves.
Shadowninja7194
mabye the money comes from the aliens who built the pyramids.
or...its all by thier Ad's which i think are cool, they dont really bother me so im all cool.