FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

LOL, crew meetings.

Nameless
I've just returned from a crew meeting that took place at my local fast food outlet! It wasn't compulsory to attend, but helpful to learn about some rather significant rebranding and changes happening soon. The meeting was 'advertised' all over the work area for about a month in advance, workers were encouraged by the managed to attend, there was free food (both lollies, and a meal from the restaurant), even a raffle for somebody there to win an iPod shuffle or big box of fancy chocolates.

There are currently fifty two crew members working at our store. Four were on shift at the time and a couple had other engagements that stopped them coming in.

Including myself, only three people showed up.

And I still didn't win the raffle. I was kind of hoping to be literally the only who turned up for the lols. Sad
deanhills
Nameless wrote:
I've just returned from a crew meeting that took place at my local fast food outlet! It wasn't compulsory to attend, but helpful to learn about some rather significant rebranding and changes happening soon. The meeting was 'advertised' all over the work area for about a month in advance, workers were encouraged by the managed to attend, there was free food (both lollies, and a meal from the restaurant), even a raffle for somebody there to win an iPod shuffle or big box of fancy chocolates.

There are currently fifty two crew members working at our store. Four were on shift at the time and a couple had other engagements that stopped them coming in.

Including myself, only three people showed up.

And I still didn't win the raffle. I was kind of hoping to be literally the only who turned up for the lols. Sad
Sounds as though your luck is pretty much the same as mine. Mine is probably due to not believing in good luck. Probably high time that I work on creating a "good luck" consciousness of sorts. I have a friend like that. For example, this is what happened to him last week. He wanted a new car badly, then went to a car dealer two weeks ago, tried to get a loan from the Bank for leasing a Honda Accord, and it all fell through. Last week his boss calls him in. His boss did not have a clue of my friend's attempt at purchasing a car. His boss needed to spend X dollars of a project or lose it, and decided to rent a Toyota Camry for a year. He would like my friend to look after and use the car for a year and in return drive my boss around for project meetings (very occasionally). Stuff like this happens to my friend all of the time because maybe he is tuned in. When I asked him about his "luck" he said it was not luck. That he is a born beggar and people are always looking after him without asking for it.
standready
Nameless wrote:

With my luck, I would be the only one there and still not iPod or the box of chocolates.