FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Alexa ranking and their impact

funyug
I am wondering Do alexa ranking have a effect on seo? Do they increase our ranking in search results. What are your views?
ridemeup
Alexa , that tracks a website traffic history, and gives a ranking for your website based on the number of visitors using Alexa toolbar. other hand, higher Alexa rank may help you to grow trust and confident in mind of people.
Ghost Rider103
I don't think Alexa has an actual affect on your SEO. They just display information about your website. Such as traffic detail, back links, etc.

I don't think having a high Alexa rank will do you much good either. I really think the only people that use Alexa would probably be web masters to track their progress of how they are doing.

So if you have a website, you can use Alexa to see if your SEO work is helping or not, but don't expect a higher Alexa rank to improve your SEO results. Though technically if your Alexa rank is higher, that probably means your SEO work is paying off.

I used to use it a while back to see if the SEO I was doing was improving my Alexa rank or not - it definitely was working. When I stopped doing SEO work to my website my Alexa rank would drop, so I think it is fairly accurate as well.
prcys
funyug wrote:
I am wondering Do alexa ranking have a effect on seo? Do they increase our ranking in search results. What are your views?

Alexa ranking show the present situation of the site traffic. If alexa increase means traffic dropped. And alexa rank has no any impact on the seo results but it is just the numeric value provided by the toolbar to know about the current traffic situation.
badai
if the search engine uses pure "referral formula" and are fully automatic then yes, alexa ranking will effect the search result.

but seeing that the only way for alexa to get the information is by installing the toolbar, and only "certain" people (yes, millions of them) have alexa toolbar, i don't think any search engine in their right mind want to take alexa rating into their account.

beside, those websites with high ranking on alexa obviously are frequented by those "certain" people, so you get the idea whose their audience are, so no point to go there unless if you need to.
prcys
badai wrote:
if the search engine uses pure "referral formula" and are fully automatic then yes, alexa ranking will effect the search result.

but seeing that the only way for alexa to get the information is by installing the toolbar, and only "certain" people (yes, millions of them) have alexa toolbar, i don't think any search engine in their right mind want to take alexa rating into their account.

beside, those websites with high ranking on alexa obviously are frequented by those "certain" people, so you get the idea whose their audience are, so no point to go there unless if you need to.

Can you tell us more about that referral formula and how it works to affect the search results?
badai
prcys wrote:
badai wrote:

Can you tell us more about that referral formula and how it works to affect the search results?

like google did it, the more people link to you, the higher your rank is. then all other search engine start copying it. really surprise you don't know about it.
sowmya
These alexa ranking plays a very important role in process of seo. It helps to get high traffic to your websites also in getting good keyword rankings in most of the search engines.
can anyone would give me more information regarding the alexa toolbar and their working process.
badai
sowmya wrote:
These alexa ranking plays a very important role in process of seo. It helps to get high traffic to your websites also in getting good keyword rankings in most of the search engines.
can anyone would give me more information regarding the alexa toolbar and their working process.

Quote:

is this your original quote or from somewhere? if it's yours, maybe you can elaborate more because as i said before, it won't effect any (at least three) search engines.

see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexa_Internet#Accuracy_of_ranking_by_the_Alexa_Toolbar and its source in footnote.

if it's not your original quote, then you should use quote tag and put the source.

as how it really works, when you grow up, you'll be surprised that most companies never reveal their inner working process no matter how simple, publicly known method they use. maybe it's really good so they have to keep it secret, or they just don't wanna be called stupid.

people can only speculate their toolbar collect information where their users are going, and how they manipulate the data, it's up to them.

i bet you have alexa toolbar install on all your browser.