FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A free software that will fix registry errors

foumy6
Hi, so yesterday I tarted up my laptop top just to get the error that threatfinder.exe crashed so curious I googled it only to find out it was a registry error so I got a software that scanned and found many, but would not fix them unless I paid, so I want one with will scan and fix them that is free. I have tryed 3 different softwares and always found the same.
foumy6
with my last scan this is what I found.
Marcuzzo
read this page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Registry_cleaner
wikipedia wrote:
The necessity and usefulness of registry cleaners is a controversial topic, with experts in disagreement over their benefits. The problem is further clouded by the fact that malware and scareware are often associated with utilities of this type
ExMachina
I like to use CCleaner.

In addition to cleaning the registry (and backing it up beforehand) you can clean out temporary internet files, cookies, browsing history and uninstall applications.

Very useful in my opinion and I've never had any issues. In addition, it gets good reviews across the internet. Very Happy
User_X
I use jv16 PowerTools myself for as it comes with many different tools. There is a free full functioning trail for 60 days.
http://www.macecraft.com

If you use CCleaner BE SURE you make a backup of the registry when it gives that offer

I to am starting to wonder if reg cleaners are useful ALL the time. In some cases it is
menino
Yes, I agree with Marcuzzo. Registry cleaners can be dangerous, but I still use them.

You can use glary utilities, which is free (http://www.glaryutilities.com/)
But your registry going corrupt could mean that there might be something wrong with your system, or you've overloaded it with software; probably a lot of which you really dont use or need.
From the look of the registry scan, it looks like sone program that was using BITS is causing the issue. I dont know if this is bitlocker encrytion from windows itself, but maybe you can disable bitlocker encryption, and try to reisnstall it, after getting more information on the net about it.
foumy6
well something went wrong because now my computer just hangs at the starting windows screen :/
badai
i use tweaknow, like forever. maybe since windows 95.

it also can defrag the registry. does it make my computer better? honestly i don't know. but it does not give me any problem either.
Marcuzzo
badai wrote:
it also can defrag the registry. does it make my computer better? honestly i don't know. but it does not give me any problem either.

if it ain't broken, why fix it?
badai
Marcuzzo wrote:
badai wrote:

if it ain't broken, why fix it?

because i can.
foumy6
....well I found out the problim for the last three weeks my hard drive has been dieing a slow painful death which angers me because the computer is just over a year old its the dell inspiron 1545 so now im waiting till wendsday for my new hardrive to come
badai
foumy6 wrote:
....well I found out the problim for the last three weeks my hard drive has been dieing a slow painful death which angers me because the computer is just over a year old its the dell inspiron 1545 so now im waiting till wendsday for my new hardrive to come

run CrystalDiskInfo once in a while to know if your hd has any problem so you can replace it before you totally cannot access it.
Amann
there are many cleaners but i would name few ....
CCleaner : CCleaner is the number-one tool for cleaning your Windows PC. It protects your privacy online and makes your computer faster and more secure. Easy to use and a small, fast download.

Comodo:
Features
Remove any corrupt or unnecessary registry entries
Delete duplicate files and needless archives
Obliterate your digital paper trail
Boost your PC's speed by cleaning out its junk
Fingertip control over Windows programs
Price: 100% Free
FREE DOWNLOAD

Wise Registry Cleaner :
Registry Backup, Registry Defrag, System Tuneup etc.l
foumy6
badai wrote:
foumy6 wrote:

run CrystalDiskInfo once in a while to know if your hd has any problem so you can replace it before you totally cannot access it.

yea its already to late to do anything I cant get it past starting windows, but My new Hard Drive should Arrive today =D
mukesh
This is nice topic for me. I was not knowledge about it.

Thankyou guys
abhizz
Amann wrote:
there are many cleaners but i would name few ....
CCleaner : CCleaner is the number-one tool for cleaning your Windows PC. It protects your privacy online and makes your computer faster and more secure. Easy to use and a small, fast download.

Comodo:
Features
Remove any corrupt or unnecessary registry entries
Delete duplicate files and needless archives
Obliterate your digital paper trail
Boost your PC's speed by cleaning out its junk
Fingertip control over Windows programs
Price: 100% Free
FREE DOWNLOAD

Wise Registry Cleaner :
Registry Backup, Registry Defrag, System Tuneup etc.l

Me tried that ccleaner i think its the best free tool for deleting all type errore even it completely deleting all my temporarily files
luciferfawkes
CCleaner as others have stated and there is also Advanced SystemCare which has a lot more utilities and tools than just cleaning out your registry.
sanalskumar
i agree to Marcuzzo.

If this thread is still useful to the questioner, i will recommend, CCleaner. It takes care of the total windows. Not just registry(if it makes any good to your machine).

Smile
Blummer
I can't think of anything else, only Ccleaner. There are some commercial alternatives, why pay for them?
kmontano
As others have said I highly recommend CCleaner. It is an excellent piece of free software that not only fixes registry issues but also cleans up all the crap that accumulates in a system. CCleaner is highly recommended by many tech sites and magazines. Also always be sure to backup your registry before trying to make repairs in case something goes wrong.
Blummer
Actually Ccleaner shows you everything that needs to be cleaned and it's really nice registry fixer. There are tons of paid software like this - I see no use of utilizing them.
kta_fh
I used to let CCleaner 'fix' my registry every now and then. Later on I found out that it did not do any good nor fix a thing. Now I use CCleaner only for files and for that purpose it is suberb.

If your google tells you to fix a registry error I recommend instead to uninstall and reinstall the software in question. Only if that does not help, use CCleaner selectively to fix the problems with that software. Sometimes if an application has problems uninstalling, the vendor kindly provides a separate utility to clean any traces of their application to get a clean start.
Blummer
It does, but mostly it does not have any kind of trace cleaner. Well Adobe products do and some others, but there is some free software which you may not need one day. So what's the choice - any way to get better registry fixing with some free software?
codersfriend
I use CCleaner but I don't automatically clean all.. only the registry files of the softwares I have uninstalled.. there are risks of losing something if you just fix all of the issues .. and I don't trust registry fixers much Smile