FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

BlackBerry Torch 9810 batterylife vs. iPhone

Tony The Tiger
I bought a BlackBerry Torch 9810 on September 3. It is my first smart phone. i had gotten use to a clamshell that could store a charge that lasted nearly a week. Now, with the BlackBerry fully charged, it might last 36 hours tops before running out of power. It is like I have gone back 8-10 years in terms of cellphone convenience. Is the iPhone any better?
Ankhanu
Tony The Tiger wrote:
I bought a BlackBerry Torch 9810 on September 3. It is my first smart phone. i had gotten use to a clamshell that could store a charge that lasted nearly a week. Now, with the BlackBerry fully charged, it might last 36 hours tops before running out of power. It is like I have gone back 8-10 years in terms of cellphone convenience. Is the iPhone any better?

No, it's not any better, it's about the same.

You haven't taken a step backwards, shorter battery life is a consequence of having a much more powerful system in your hand... all those incredible things that your smartphone can do require electricity, far more than a simple talk and text phone needs. The batteries that are in your blackberry are likely MUCH better than the battery in your old clamshell, just your old clamshell didn't demand as much out of its battery as the blackberry does.
Tony The Tiger
Ankhanu wrote:
Tony The Tiger wrote:

No, it's not any better, it's about the same.

You haven't taken a step backwards, shorter battery life is a consequence of having a much more powerful system in your hand... all those incredible things that your smartphone can do require electricity, far more than a simple talk and text phone needs. The batteries that are in your blackberry are likely MUCH better than the battery in your old clamshell, just your old clamshell didn't demand as much out of its battery as the blackberry does.

Damn. So you have to charge a BlackBerry every day and the iPhone is no better. Wow. Well let's hope those engineers make some big advances in efficiency and storage capacity.
Tony The Tiger
lizafernades wrote:
There are so many new technology iPhone's are available in the market. They looks attractive and stylish. Blackberry phones are also good but these days iPhone's are popular. You can have look on them.

I guess if I were making a decision, I would only seriously consider the iphone 4 (or is it 4S or 4G). Maybe all three exist, but I would really only make the switch if I were going to something that is new technology.