FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

iPhone 4s

Tony The Tiger
I see that the iPhone 4s now has 64 GB of disk space. Currently my iPod has 85.94 GB of music files. In order for me to be satisfied with an iPhone rather than separate music player and smartphone, I would need more than 100GB of space. I would seriously consider a 96 GB device even though by the time you convert binary to decimal 96 GB is really only 89.4 GB. What I am really waiting for is the 128 GB iPhone. Do we expect one of these, or is there no demand for that much space? I am unsure why the iPod Touch has not gotten bigger than 64 GB. I was thinking that demand for a larger touchscreen iPod might not exist and that this might suggest that the iPhone may never get bigger than 64 GB. Can we tell which iPhone 4S model is being ordered the most.
Ankhanu
I wouldn't hold your breath for larger capacities.
Most people aren't looking for large capacity music players these days... there's a reason why the iPod Classic (160Gb) doesn't sell as well as the iPod Nano (8Gb); most people don't need that much space.

With that in mind, I am someone who's interested in high capacities, and am currently using a 32Gb iPhone 4 as my main music player. I had been using a 140Gb iPod Classic until it was stolen, but I haven't been able to afford a new one to replace it. I'm using about 20Gb of my phone storage for music, and, most of the time, that's more than sufficient. In all honesty, we don't need 3 weeks worth of music on our portable devices at any given time... it is convenient at times, but not a necessity Razz
weableandbob
It's inevitable that the space will go up with time, but like Ankhanu said, it'll probably be a while before the iPhone/iPod Touch get up to the space you're looking for. I would just stick with what you have already.
Tony The Tiger
Ankhanu wrote:
I wouldn't hold your breath for larger capacities.
Most people aren't looking for large capacity music players these days... there's a reason why the iPod Classic (160Gb) doesn't sell as well as the iPod Nano (8Gb); most people don't need that much space.

With that in mind, I am someone who's interested in high capacities, and am currently using a 32Gb iPhone 4 as my main music player. I had been using a 140Gb iPod Classic until it was stolen, but I haven't been able to afford a new one to replace it. I'm using about 20Gb of my phone storage for music, and, most of the time, that's more than sufficient. In all honesty, we don't need 3 weeks worth of music on our portable devices at any given time... it is convenient at times, but not a necessity Razz

Thanks for the sales comparison between the 160 GB iPod Classic and the 8 GB iPod Nano. However, do we know which size iPhone 4s is selling best?
menino
Won't the iphone 5, which is due soon have higher capacity storage?

Or maybe you could use the icloud storage service to store your information, accessible from your iphone devices. Very Happy
Ankhanu
menino wrote:

Or maybe you could use the icloud storage service to store your information, accessible from your iphone devices. Very Happy

We got the 4s this time rather than a 5; kinda like how we had the 3Gs for a year between the 3G and 4. I wouldn't expect to see the iPhone 5 for about another year.

iCloud only offers 5Gb of cloud storage for free; you can buy more (up to 50Gb IIRC), but it can get pretty expensive.
Tony The Tiger
menino wrote:

How soon do we expect the iPhone5? I am guessing that it will be released next September or October since Apple often releases new products in the fall. How much higher capacity are you thinking might be coming.
Tony The Tiger
Ankhanu wrote:
menino wrote:

We got the 4s this time rather than a 5; kinda like how we had the 3Gs for a year between the 3G and 4. I wouldn't expect to see the iPhone 5 for about another year.

That is what I was saying to the person above. I agree.
william
Quote:
iCloud only offers 5Gb of cloud storage for free; you can buy more (up to 50Gb IIRC), but it can get pretty expensive.

I think the promotion is still going on, but Box.net is giving away 50 GB of free cloud storage for iOS devices. Unfortunately, I think there is a 25 MB file size limit, but even so it's a big step over iCloud. (Granted, my personal experience with the UI and speeds aren't the best, but it is free...).
Tony The Tiger
jaxtrick wrote:
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I-phone 5 Launched about ago 1 month Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I experiance It Really HAtes OFF for Steave Job.......

Awasome Transparant Facility.......... Laughing Laughing Laughing

That was not iPhone 5, that was the iPhone 4S. The iPhone 5 is a year away, I believe.