FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Dual Sim Phones

nivinjoy
Hi friends recently i came across an advertisement of Nokia about them releasing Dual Sim Phones.. So i decided to go for a dual sim phones as i am using two different service providers' sim in two phones. So i thought it would be easy for me to have these two sims in one phone.

So I bought a new Nokia X1-01 [See Here the Details]. But after one to two days usage i understood that, though we can use two sims simultaneously in the particular phone, it is not able to receive calls in the second sim while i am talking in the first sim. That is in some phones while we are talking in one sim the calls to the other sim will be shown as "call waiting"..

So friends please suggest me a good phone at a reasonable rate which has the dual sim capability and also the feature of call waiting for the calls in the second sim. I prefer Nokia, but if there is a better option please suggest me others too.
Ryox
nivinjoy wrote:
Hi friends recently i came across an advertisement of Nokia about them releasing Dual Sim Phones.. So i decided to go for a dual sim phones as i am using two different service providers' sim in two phones. So i thought it would be easy for me to have these two sims in one phone.

So I bought a new Nokia X1-01 [See Here the Details]. But after one to two days usage i understood that, though we can use two sims simultaneously in the particular phone, it is not able to receive calls in the second sim while i am talking in the first sim. That is in some phones while we are talking in one sim the calls to the other sim will be shown as "call waiting"..

So friends please suggest me a good phone at a reasonable rate which has the dual sim capability and also the feature of call waiting for the calls in the second sim. I prefer Nokia, but if there is a better option please suggest me others too.

So Far, I could only find http://conversations.nokia.com/2010/06/03/dual-sim-nokia-c2-revealed-photo-gallery/ for you, The Nokia CS2, Sony has a phone that is capable with the 2 Sim Card as you said, but I was only reading so, Sorry I couldn't be more help to you.
Amann
I am using Nokia C2-06 Dual SIM phone itz amazing better than other phone available in the market

looks wise i will rate it 9
feature wise will rate it 7.5

try it .....
asnani04
Dual SIM phones are now a must for everyone, as many people now have dual identities, or at least, they want to keep dual identities. People have started using thuis concept very well, as they keep a different number for professional people and different for personal calls. That is quite easy to manage also, as one can switch off his professional number when out on a holiday, and vice versa when working seriously in his office.

this concept has really come to stay, although I think that triple SIM cars in one phone won't be that successful, as it won't be very meaningful and would just increase the cost of the phone.
chatrack
Hi,
According to its price, It's performance is good. It may be due to less internal memory of the phone.

The same problem is reported by my friend too. But the both sim is active in separate operation
mukesh
My phone Nokia 2700 Classic single Sim. This is perfect working but i try to change with duel sim Phone
aydinal
i wonder if dualsim means dual radiation? If so, one sim is more than enough for me.
vikaskumar11233
Hi nivinjoy
It would be great if you share your budget here then I can suggest you the exact mobile according to your condition any ways I am sharing here some best dual sim mobiles in India they are,,,
Nokia C2-03
Nokia Asha 200
Samsung Chat 322
Micromax Q80
LG P520
william
aydinal wrote:
i wonder if dualsim means dual radiation? If so, one sim is more than enough for me.

Well, on standby there is dual radiation due to having two radios running at the same time. During a call, the difference is minimal, though, since only one radio is powered up and the other one is still on standby.
menino
The list in the link below does not show Nokia brand at all in the radiation list of cell phones that emit radiation :-
http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6602_7-5020357-1.html

Still, overuse of cellphones is bad for your health, as it does emit a small amount of radiation that affects the tissues close to where the cellphone is being used.
scottieprior
In the today's world the dual SIM phones are widely used by the users. The Dual SIM technology change the world and used most for having dual facilities.Nokia dual sim mobile phone is the latest addition to Nokia's mobile phone product line. Nokia is considered to be a leader in the mobile phone industry, one with dual SIM card mobile phone Nokia released no accident, they one of the first to introduce this type of mobile devices.
nivinjoy
Recently i came to know that none of the phones by Nokia has that feature.. But many Samsung phones has it..it seems. So if anyone of you know about such phones just reply to this..!!
sysna
some recent dual sims from samsung is capable of holding the second call from second sim while you are talking with the first one. you can try them but anyway i really hate to be hold when i call someone and just not answering is a lot better than holding one for minutes.
johans
There is new HTC dual sim card phone powered with android 2.3 gingerbread and the most amazing part is not like other brand of dual sim phone card.. I have tested in for a couple of minutes and it was really responsive and very good when it comes with other cheap dual sim phone card..
codemaster
johans wrote:
There is new HTC dual sim card phone powered with android 2.3 gingerbread and the most amazing part is not like other brand of dual sim phone card.. I have tested in for a couple of minutes and it was really responsive and very good when it comes with other cheap dual sim phone card..

I did the same thing kinda.
metalfreek
Nokia has a range of dual SIM phones in the market and I think you will find something good. But have you thought about using samsung phones? Here are two dual SIM phones from Samsung

Samsung Galaxy Pro Duos (B5512)

Samsung Galaxy Y Duos (S6102)
Briat09
i am using Nokia Asha 200 it is Dual Sim Phone.

it's a amazing phone in use.
siemens13
I am using samsung smart dual phone. its amazing and smart phone. i think its better than the others dual phone's.
PlasticCard9
If you're like most prepaid users, a dual-SIM phone makes sense as you get the best call rates across states when travelling. Here are seven affordable dual-SIM phones that we would.
nivinjoy
I have come across a dual sim phone by Samsung which allows the Dual Sim active option and have the feature of call waiting in one sim while talking on another sim. The details are given below:

Samsung Metro Duos C3322 - Click Here

riteshk1
Hey, i am using galaxy grand dual sim phone Smile really a awesome phone with android.
abhinavm24
it depend on the features the phone offers,,
Razz
what it offers actually is dual sim!!!Razz
but>>>
dual active OR dual stand-by.

hopefully this helps.
Cool
nivinjoy
riteshk1 wrote:
Hey, i am using galaxy grand dual sim phone Smile really a awesome phone with android.

Its a good phone, except for the screen quality. See the below links for those who haven't seen the phone:

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_grand_i9082-5163.php

http://www.samsung.com/in/consumer/mobile-phone/mobile-phone/smartphone/GT-I9082EWAINU?subsubtype=android-mobiles
riteshk1
If you want to choose other brand then Samsung has lots of good option in dual sim phone...galaxy ace duos is also a good choice.
sysna
i do not recommend any dual sim phones from samsung , i had one S6312 (Galaxy Young) and now i have bought another one Galaxy S4 mini dual-SIM and both are really the worst dual sim phones i've ever seen, there is a big problem with reception and i have many less signal when i compare them to my friend dual sim phone which is nokia.

Also another problem is that when phone loses its antenna it doesn't get back ! i just searched a little and find out that is a common problem with samsung phones ! even there is signal reseter softwares to get your phone in airplane mode and make it online again to get back your signals (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.homer.signalreset&hl=en) , i'm just trying to sell my new Galaxy S4 mini on ebay to get one from LG probably L7 II .
zimmer
yes, now a days dual sim is very nice.

Based on my experience if you are dual sim you got all the network coverage so if you are a remote worker or travels a lot this is very convenience way of working.

The only problem is you need also a phone that is battery removable or swap-able so that you will have productive because some phones right now accoares more battery needs specially if you got also data.

Brings charger will also helpful but if you are on a hurry this is not good. extra batter is effeminately and answers.
jickson
Its price etc please
nam_siddharth
Almost all new handset launching in India are dual sim now. Only CDMA phones are coming single SIM.
playfungames
nam_siddharth wrote:
Almost all new handset launching in India are dual sim now. Only CDMA phones are coming single SIM.

Why is it so common there? Are there like two providers that people prefer to pay and join for their telephony needs? Is it because of not getting proper reception and having two sims mean higher chance of getting bars on the phone all the time, at least in one sim?

Because in Nepal, that is the case. We have two major providers and there are people who prefer to have dual sim phones and they put the sims of both the providers in the phone. The popular dual sim phone right now is Huawei Honor Holly. I bet it is popular in India as well. And well, there are Android One phones that are marketed well with dual sims, but they aren't that popular because I guess crappy hardware when compared to the Huawei devices and they come at similar price range. I think Android one's are a bit cheaper.

Also, talking about dual sims, I think people prefer to take them because of cheap communication costs if you're calling from the same provider.