FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Difference between graphic cards?

Ryox
I need to know what the difference between these two graphics cards are!

AMD Radeon HD 6670 1GB PCI-E Graphics Card

AND

NVIDIA GeForce GT 420 (1GB)

Which one is better for Gaming, I know they both are but what is stronger, more lasting & meant for heavy'er gaming?

Which card could come close to playing WoW on High Graphics << haha, i think I'd need a stronger card but you know what I'm trying to say
william
I'm pretty sure both of those cards can easily play World of Warcraft on high settings (it's not a very demanding game at all).

Between the two, the HD 6670 is significantly more powerful. Neither were meant for heavy gaming to be honest, but the HD 6670 has been known as a great budget card for gaming. The GT 420, if I recall correctly, is only available to OEMs, but makes a decent HTPC card. Power consumption would be less on the GT 420, simple because it's a less powerful card.

Anyway, as far as performance goes, you would be better off with the HD 6670.
Ryox
william wrote:
I'm pretty sure both of those cards can easily play World of Warcraft on high settings (it's not a very demanding game at all).

Between the two, the HD 6670 is significantly more powerful. Neither were meant for heavy gaming to be honest, but the HD 6670 has been known as a great budget card for gaming. The GT 420, if I recall correctly, is only available to OEMs, but makes a decent HTPC card. Power consumption would be less on the GT 420, simple because it's a less powerful card.

Anyway, as far as performance goes, you would be better off with the HD 6670.

I want to buy a desktop that can easily play any high basicly, without messing up or freezing, with the computer itself. With the price of desktops these days, I can easily buy one for $800.00 and upgrade it with parts I want. I was just asking about the graphic cards because I was looking at one with the HD 6670 and the GeForce.
weableandbob
Either of those cards would probably do just fine for WoW on high settings, but I would go with the 6670 just in case. However, if you're looking to run other games on high, you'll probably want something a bit more powerful. Depending on the games and your resolution, you might want to look at things like GTX 560's to get everything running on high settings.
hj32853
They both will do prefectly fine in alot of games.(on wow and most games)

but try to know your screen resolution because the screen resolution will mess up the colors sometimes.
ahmedakter
Power Consumption:
GeForce GT 420 Needs 50 Watts while
Radeon HD 6670 (OEM) takes 63 Watts

Performance-wise, the Radeon HD 6670 (OEM) should theoretically be a lot superior to the GeForce GT 420 in general.
Radeon HD 6670 (OEM) Memory Bandwidth > 64000 MB/sec
GeForce GT 420 Memory Bandwidth > 28800 MB/sec

The Radeon HD 6670 (OEM) will be much (more or less 129%) better at full screen anti-aliasing than the GeForce GT 420, and able to handle higher screen resolutions more effectively.
Radeon HD 6670 (OEM) Pixel Rate: 6400 Mpixels/sec
GeForce GT 420 Pixel Rate: 2800 Mpixels/sec

So, Now you know which one is better ... Laughing Laughing Laughing
PapaMinouche
I'd suggest you to go to http://www.tomshardware.com, they got evry benchmark possible making it way easier to compare video cards (or anything computer related)!