You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Should England win the RWC?

From performances like today's, we should definitely be in the final...

Guess they have to get past the French first? At least two good games coming up on 8 and 9 october. England playing France and South Africa playing Australia. The England vs France should be an interesting game. All Blacks against the Argentinians probably also potentially good. I like the Argentinians. My favourite teams however are the Boks and the All Blacks. Which teams do you favour?
Very Happy
new zealand and eng are my favourites... is it possible for them to be in the final against each other?
Mrs Lycos
England is out, in the semi finals, New Zealand will face Australia, and Wales will face France.
Yes... Such a shame the English didnt turn up to play the French... total disappointment :'(
medesignz wrote:
Yes... Such a shame the English didnt turn up to play the French... total disappointment :'(

Disappointed for England failing to make it, but even after many years living here as the immigrant, I've got a huge cheeky smile for my birth nation still being in with a chance in this world cup.
For the record, if England are playing anyone apart from Wales then I'm always an English fan, but when it's Wales against the world then my shirt is always red Wink

...unlucky this time fella, but look at the international football rankings between us and that should at least raise a smile for you!
Should have Warburton been sent off?
medesignz wrote:
Should have Warburton been sent off?

It all depends how you interpret this refs directive:
International Rugby Board wrote:
- The player is lifted and then forced or ‘speared’ into the ground (red card offence)

- The lifted player is dropped to the ground from a height with no regard to the player’s safety (red card offence)

- For all other types of dangerous lifting tackles a yellow card or penalty may be considered sufficient

It would appear to be a technically correct decision, but with no injury actually caused to the French player, and the importance of the particular game, I would have been happier with a little more discretion being showed there - but I'm Welsh so I'm biased anyway Wink

Gutted it happened though, outstanding game which I'm sure we would have won convincingly had we not lost our skipper.

Now come on New Zealand, smash the French in the final!!
Congrats to NZL... It was so fitting