FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Apple without Steve Jobs to launch the iPhone 5





rjraaz
It is no secret. After all, American technology company Apple Inc. to launch on October 4 announced its coveted iPhone 5. But it is certain that it will launch without Apple founder Steve Jobs.

The company will launch it's new CEO Tim Cook. The interesting thing is that it does not launch the Apple headquarters in San Francisco will be in Kyuprtino. The company has started sending invitations to this effect. Not yet clear whether the company will launch cheap phone. That being said, the company is planning to launch a cheaper iPhone.

IPhone 8 in 5 megapixel camera, 1 GB RAM, larger screen.
ocalhoun
The CEO matters... why, exactly?


They'd probably do just fine with no CEO at all, actually.
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
The CEO matters... why, exactly?


They'd probably do just fine with no CEO at all, actually.
Totally agreed! As far as I can see in the UAE Apple has never done better! They have just started an online Store here as well.
Smile
lrj945
I think the CEO really matters. Apple will not re-emerge without Steve Jobs. He is the pilot in Apple. He leads the staff to the prosperous of apple.
liljp617
ocalhoun wrote:
The CEO matters... why, exactly?


They'd probably do just fine with no CEO at all, actually.


In the majority of organizations, I would agree. The ability to transfer ownership is a generic benefit of a corporation, so a corporation is usually able to adapt just fine with a new CEO. Apple will likely be fine, but to continue operating at the level they have been the past few years, I'm a bit more skeptical. I'm not an Apple fanboy by any stretch of the label, but I have to agree with Jobs being the kind of visionary and individual who comes about very rarely. It will be interesting to see how Apple does without him.
rogue_skydragon
rjraaz wrote:
It is no secret. After all, American technology company Apple Inc. to launch on October 4 announced its coveted iPhone 5. But it is certain that it will launch without Apple founder Steve Jobs.

The company will launch it's new CEO Tim Cook. The interesting thing is that it does not launch the Apple headquarters in San Francisco will be in Kyuprtino. The company has started sending invitations to this effect. Not yet clear whether the company will launch cheap phone. That being said, the company is planning to launch a cheaper iPhone.

IPhone 8 in 5 megapixel camera, 1 GB RAM, larger screen.


Based on some of the articles I've read, Apple will be coming out with the iPhone 4S in North America before releasing the iPhone 5. It seems Apple hasn't lost its desire to milk its fans as much as possible.
deanhills
rogue_skydragon wrote:
rjraaz wrote:
It is no secret. After all, American technology company Apple Inc. to launch on October 4 announced its coveted iPhone 5. But it is certain that it will launch without Apple founder Steve Jobs.

The company will launch it's new CEO Tim Cook. The interesting thing is that it does not launch the Apple headquarters in San Francisco will be in Kyuprtino. The company has started sending invitations to this effect. Not yet clear whether the company will launch cheap phone. That being said, the company is planning to launch a cheaper iPhone.

IPhone 8 in 5 megapixel camera, 1 GB RAM, larger screen.


Based on some of the articles I've read, Apple will be coming out with the iPhone 4S in North America before releasing the iPhone 5. It seems Apple hasn't lost its desire to milk its fans as much as possible.
Absolutely. It's even started an online business now in the UAE as well. Previously no one could buy products from Apple other than through the odd little boutique shop here and there in Dubai.
pll
IT IS really really sad.
I think Apple will be able to focus on the main idea of the company for few years (let's say 5 years) but I think in an more advanced future the company will get lost without Steve (about 10-15 years) from now.
standready
rogue_skydragon wrote:
Based on some of the articles I've read, Apple will be coming out with the iPhone 4S in North America before releasing the iPhone 5. It seems Apple hasn't lost its desire to milk its fans as much as possible.

You got that right! Apple is as rotten to the core with greed as most big corporations are. Let us squeeze every last drop of juice ($$) out of consumers now in case they get wise to us.
ocalhoun
standready wrote:
rogue_skydragon wrote:
Based on some of the articles I've read, Apple will be coming out with the iPhone 4S in North America before releasing the iPhone 5. It seems Apple hasn't lost its desire to milk its fans as much as possible.

You got that right! Apple is as rotten to the core with greed as most big corporations are. Let us squeeze every last drop of juice ($$) out of consumers now in case they get wise to us.

It's because of the way corporations are made.

Their sole duty is to improve the value of shareholders' stock.
If you want corporations to care about anything other than profit, you need to reconsider the whole idea of what corporations are.
asnani04
Now that Steve Jobs is no more, it's going to be an uphill task for Apple Inc. I hope they go through this without much hassles. Tim Cook needs to manage the company well, and hire people who can compensate for Jobs's creative genius. Now, iPhone 5, that is to be released next year, will have huge hopes..but it depends on how it is marketed, and how the people perceive Apple without Jobs, and what happens next is there for us to watch! Shocked
deanhills
asnani04 wrote:
Now that Steve Jobs is no more, it's going to be an uphill task for Apple Inc. I hope they go through this without much hassles. Tim Cook needs to manage the company well, and hire people who can compensate for Jobs's creative genius. Now, iPhone 5, that is to be released next year, will have huge hopes..but it depends on how it is marketed, and how the people perceive Apple without Jobs, and what happens next is there for us to watch! Shocked
I don't quite agree with this as Steve Jobs retired quite a bit ago, and in the meanwhile Apple has been doing better than ever. He was an amazing pioneer and made a tremendous contribution to quality products, but Apple seems to have been propelling itself for quite a while now. Almost the same as Microsoft without Gates.
Ghost Rider103
asnani04 wrote:
Now that Steve Jobs is no more, it's going to be an uphill task for Apple Inc. I hope they go through this without much hassles. Tim Cook needs to manage the company well, and hire people who can compensate for Jobs's creative genius. Now, iPhone 5, that is to be released next year, will have huge hopes..but it depends on how it is marketed, and how the people perceive Apple without Jobs, and what happens next is there for us to watch! Shocked


Do you really think marketing plays that big of a role with something as big as the iPhone?

Find me a person who currently has a cell phone, who hasn't heard of the iPhone. I don't think Apple will need to do much marketing themselves. Companies that feed off of the iPhone like Verizon and other companies like them will pretty much have that area covered.
deanhills
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
Find me a person who currently has a cell phone, who hasn't heard of the iPhone. I don't think Apple will need to do much marketing themselves. Companies that feed off of the iPhone like Verizon and other companies like them will pretty much have that area covered.
iPhone and also iPad. iPad has become extremely popular in the Middle East. Blackberry is also in great demand.
menino
Apple started its marketing a long time ago, with the macintosh computers, and ever since, people have been looking forward to their products, because of the quality that they come out with, despite the price, and this was mainly the brainchild of Steve Jobs, which was mainly in the packaging.
Apple just needs to make sure that their products quality doesnt go down, even with the glooming economy, and I think thats one of the things that the CEO is part of.
Steve Jobs, as a ceo, had that vision of great quality products, which was good eye candy and easy to use.

Also after Jobs was kicked out of Apple in the mid - late 80's, Apple did'nt really do all that well. Their sales did drop, because there was no great new products.... so they hired back Steve Jobs... and sales have gone up since..... now we'll have to see what Tim Cooks up in Apple. Wink
deanhills
menino wrote:
Also after Jobs was kicked out of Apple in the mid - late 80's, Apple did'nt really do all that well. Their sales did drop, because there was no great new products.... so they hired back Steve Jobs... and sales have gone up since..... now we'll have to see what Tim Cooks up in Apple. Wink
From what I've heard Steve Jobs' role during his second reign was more in Public Relations and giving the Apple brand name a lift. His was not the same powerful position that he enjoyed during his first long association with Apple.
coolclay
Apple is 100% about marketing, and making people think they need something. I mean palm pilots did the same thing that the Ipads do more or less and they have been around for 15 years or so, and you never saw palm pilots have the success the Ipad did.

The secret is building up the anticipation, making everyone think that it's going to change their lives, then release a few to reviewers to increase the hype, and then make sure the first week they are for sale to the public you don't have enough for everyone. Not to mention making them "hip", "cool" and the other social interactions that play into consumerism.

I am not saying they don't make good products, and have come up with novel ideas, but that does not result in instant success, because many have done that and failed. It's a combination of things, and honestly I do see the Apple corporation losing steam, not entirely because of Jobs, but because of many factors including running out of ideas, people learning they really are a "corporation" and not some friendly "do-gooder", "green" company, and other factors.
deanhills
coolclay wrote:
and honestly I do see the Apple corporation losing steam, not entirely because of Jobs, but because of many factors including running out of ideas, people learning they really are a "corporation" and not some friendly "do-gooder", "green" company, and other factors.
They're gaining steam here in the Middle East. There's an Apple fever going round everywhere. Everyone wants an Apple Notebook. Apple also opened an Online Store in the Middle East for the first time - based in Dubai. That is NOVEL, as no software or hardware company has done that before in the UAE. We for example can't buy Microsoft or Adobe software online. So for Apple to do something brave like that has also made them heroes of a kind over here.
liljp617
coolclay wrote:
Apple is 100% about marketing, and making people think they need something. I mean palm pilots did the same thing that the Ipads do more or less and they have been around for 15 years or so, and you never saw palm pilots have the success the Ipad did.


I'm no fan of the iPad. In fact, I received one as a gift last year and requested it be returned as $900 for that thing is ludicrous. But I think the comparison between Palm Pilots and the iPad is a giant stretch. They may have a handful of similar basic functions, but they're really not comparable beyond that.
mahirh
lrj945 wrote:
I think the CEO really matters. Apple will not re-emerge without Steve Jobs. He is the pilot in Apple. He leads the staff to the prosperous of apple.

from my point of view, the only thing he has done was to puff up every bit of info they've got to make his company dominante the world (O.o nazi ideas?).....
deanhills
liljp617 wrote:
coolclay wrote:
Apple is 100% about marketing, and making people think they need something. I mean palm pilots did the same thing that the Ipads do more or less and they have been around for 15 years or so, and you never saw palm pilots have the success the Ipad did.


I'm no fan of the iPad. In fact, I received one as a gift last year and requested it be returned as $900 for that thing is ludicrous. But I think the comparison between Palm Pilots and the iPad is a giant stretch. They may have a handful of similar basic functions, but they're really not comparable beyond that.
I've had people around me raving about it too, however don't see its value for myself at all. More like a luxury item with plenty of headaches involved with regard to set-up of SIM card, etc. etc., particularly when one travels.
therimalaya
Not for iPhone 5 but it is uncertain that apple will lunch the revolutionary quality product in future.
menino
I still think the iphone 5 will be quite popular, even if its not as significantly technically apt as the 4s model, but of course, if it comes out sooner rather than later.
menino
I just heard that the iphone 5 plans were scrapped from the blow link :-

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-iphone-5-was-real-says-a-source-who-played-with-the-prototype-2011-11

I still think that the iphone 5 will come out later though, at least untill the iphone 4s popularity starts to dim..
mengshi200
from my point of view,Steve Jobs helped Apple to find a bussiness way.This is his biggest contribute for Apple company.
Navigator
The iron fist of Steve probably will still be seen on this phone, but I can see Apple going to new directions although I dont know if that is a good thing...
Related topics
Will Microsoft be Microsoft without Bill Gates?
Dejar Un Mensaje Positivo
Steve Jobs anuncia el lanzamiento oficial del iphone 3g
Steve Jobs Hasta Yatağından Andorid’i Suçladı
Steve Jobs resigns as Apple CEO
Steve Jobs Ceo‘luktan İstifa Etti
IPhone 5 Çıkmadan Davalık Oldu
IPhone 5′in Lansman Tarihi Kesinleşti!
Steve Jobs dead at 56
Farewell Steve Jobs
Steve Jobs'un hayatı
Apple Bu Kez Neyin Peşinde ?
iPhone 5
Steve Jobs, I doubt you are wrong.
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Discuss World News

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.