FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Brian Jaqcues

fallenintoshadows
Not sure if I spelt his surname right... but has anyone read any of his books? Or more importantly the Redwall series? I started reading them when I was young and loved them to pieces and I still love them now! They're so gripping and original and even 'The Castaway of the Flying Dutchman' and 'The Angels' Command' were excellent too.
aniitopia
Oooh. I love his books. I never read anything besides the redwall ones. I have every redwall book. I am currently rerererereading The Legend of Luke.

His last name is jacques you just messed up the c-q.
quartnee
I've never read him, but PBA/PBS a public broadcasting station used to show a cartoon series of 'Redwall'. I used to watch it every Sunday morning. The cartoon was really good, almost makes me want to read the book. If you want I think you can search and find a DVD or VHS of the 'Redwall' cartoon series.
Lord Kuat
Heh, good ol' stories of rodent on rodent volence. Man, I always got hungry when they started describing the feasts over in redwall. Always vegtarian too, weren't they? I'm pretty sure they were, but in anycase, yes, I used to read them as a child.
9/10 NME
I'd read them all as a kid, but I sold them all recently, definitely recommend them for young teenagers though
Ghost Face
Dude, remember the Badgers? They were like wielding freaking halberds and ownin everything! Anyone read the one with bunch of foxes who were related and stuff? That was some messed up stuff.

Lol, I remember only finding one thing wrong with one of his books. There was one where it was like a riddle and stuff.. Well anyways, it had something to do with where this tree was and there was a lens in between the branches so you had to look at something that revealed something else. And they couldn't find anything, but then the mouse was like "Wait a second. The tree grew." or something along those lines.. Well, trees don't grow upwards. The branches grow out. And I was so proud of myself because I knew that. Lol, and I was probably the only child ADD enough to over analyze the book. Razz
rip8fan1
Lord Kuat wrote:
Heh, good ol' stories of rodent on rodent volence. Man, I always got hungry when they started describing the feasts over in redwall. Always vegtarian too, weren't they? I'm pretty sure they were, but in anycase, yes, I used to read them as a child.

They also eat fish.

I'd recommend them, but not to read one right after another, etc. You really do need to take a break between books, as they seem to run together, if you read them too close together - at least in my opinion.
evanc88
It's been a while since I've read anything new by him. Did he ever put out that recipe book that was promised a few years ago? I'd love some of the cordials and stuff described in the books. Especially the pies.