FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

IPV5 IP Address

therimalaya
I'm currently using IPV4 IP Address...

I don't know how to use IPV6 IP Address.... But I want to switch to it.. (Actually i don't have any discrete reason). Should I learn the theory behind it... Where can i learn about it.. Please send some link resources... and tell me something about it....

Thank you friends, I have learned a lot in this forum with your help
and hope this will continue in future too.
sanalskumar
Good day to you.

Many ISPs around the globe already started using IPV6 address.
This could be useful. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPv6

You have opened a thread with name IPV5, a mistake ? i guess.
Fire Boar
IPv6 is a great technology in theory. It works just fine, there are loads of addresses... so many that you could have billions per person and still have plenty left over. So why don't we all use it already? Because we don't all use it already. Systems will remain on IPv4 as long as systems are running on IPv4, it's a vicious circle. While I commend your effort to switch to IPv6, ultimately it is down to your ISP, who are most likely providing IPv4 addresses to everyone, since that's what everyone uses.

A switch to IPv6 will break a lot of older applications, and some poorly written newer ones too. My advice is to hold off for now, wait for large organizations to make the switch, or indeed wait until your ISP makes the switch for you.
flamepjlh
therimalaya wrote:
I'm currently using IPV4 IP Address...

I don't know how to use IPV6 IP Address.... But I want to switch to it.. (Actually i don't have any discrete reason). Should I learn the theory behind it... Where can i learn about it.. Please send some link resources... and tell me something about it....

Thank you friends, I have learned a lot in this forum with your help
and hope this will continue in future too.

I'm curious about the title IPv5                                

What's that about? Shocked Shocked
Fire Boar
flamepjlh wrote:
I'm curious about the title IPv5

What's that about? Shocked Shocked

That's what they call a typo.
FunDa
Well, if the Original poster is halfway between IPv4 and IPv6, he's currently at IPv6 Very Happy

You don't actually have to do much as an internet user to switch from IPv4 to IPv6.

Update to the latest version of all software. They will slowly start IPv6 as default.

The internet will run out of IPv4 IP addresses as more and more things are connected to the internet.

IPv6 increases the number of possible IP addresses many many many times, so that even if every one on the planet want to be online at the same time, there are enough Ip addresses for everyone Smile
ogah
i never hear IPv5 Smile
you can learn and convert your IPv4 to IPv6 in tunnel broker
mukesh
I have some little knowledge about IPv6 .I try to use IPv6 in my small network but not sucess so cant more define about it more.