FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Love or Religion?

Which would you choose?
Love
100%
 100%  [ 4 ]
Religion
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

codersfriend
On this year's Miss Universe beauty pageant, Miss Philippines Shamcey Supsup was asked on the Q&A portion,
"Would you change your religious beliefs to marry the person that you love?"

if you were to ask this question(of course not on a beauty pageant),what would be your answer?
Nameless
Beliefs aren't something that you can consciously choose, so no. Would I humour / go along with religious beliefs if it meant marrying a person I loved? Probably, although it would depend on how extreme or not their beliefs were.
loremar
codersfriend wrote:
On this year's Miss Universe beauty pageant, Miss Philippines Shamcey Supsup was asked on the Q&A portion,

if you were to ask this question(of course not on a beauty pageant),what would be your answer?

Dude. Miss Universe is soooo gay. And her boyfriend - poor guy. He's getting devoured by a smart beautiful woman not to mention she's board topnotcher in Architecture. And in one of her interviews she said women are better than men, even smarter. Poor guy really. He has no choice but to follow the commander's orders. lol.

Love or religion? That asks me if I have to be faithful to my religion or should I give it up for love. Since I don't have religion(used to have), I shouldn't have any problem with this question. But it's not really that simple if she asks me to be converted. I would be lying to her face if I say yes to conversion. I'd rather choose someone like me. Which is probably why I'm still single and probably will stay this way for a longer time.

Ahh heck. A little delusion would probably not hurt if it means I can escape from my loneliness. That's a good question. Loneliness or Delusion, which is worse?
Hello_World
I could pretend far enough that whilst in the church that I was getting married in, I could follow the rituals.

But no, I couldn't actually pretend I believe in something i don't to a person I love, I couldn't actually believe something I don't...

And I'd feel mighty embarrassed to pretend to other people such as the parents.

If they thought I had to change religions, then clearly they don't really love me for who I am...
ExMachina
I would not be willing to convert to any religion to marry someone, mainly because it would be totally bogus as I'm an atheist. It would be living a lie.

However, I would be willing to get married in a Church. As my current girlfriend of 4.5 years is a Catholic this will be happening in the near future. Razz
codersfriend
loremar wrote:
codersfriend wrote:

Dude. Miss Universe is soooo gay. And her boyfriend - poor guy. He's getting devoured by a smart beautiful woman not to mention she's board topnotcher in Architecture. And in one of her interviews she said women are better than men, even smarter. Poor guy really. He has no choice but to follow the commander's orders. lol.

Whoah,, I didn't know Ximena Navarrete said that.. anyway this was the question for miss Philippines..

Anyway, my answer is I'd go for not changing religion because it just proves out how faithful you are to your religion.. anyway, you should choose the person with the same religion in the first place so that you won't encounter this problem., just like what Shamcey said,

Quote:
"If I would have to change my religious beliefs, I would not marry the person that I love. Because the first person that I love is God, who created me. I have my faith and my principles, and this is what makes me who I am. If the person loves me, he’ll love my God too."

loremar
Quote:
Whoah,, I didn't know Ximena Navarrete said that.. anyway this was the question for miss Philippines..

lol. I was talking about the pageant in general. It's sooo gay. When a guy talks about Ms. Universe, that would only trigger the gay radar. And I was also talking about Shamcey's boyfriend - that Chinese looking guy? She's really smart. The president even asked Shamcey if she could use her architecture to help design in one of the National Projects the government are planning to build.
lol. Why do I know so much about her? Does that make me gay? No, I'm just too nosy especially in Philippines current events.

Nice picture of Shamcey, by the way. Smile