FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


How to study ?





pll
Hey guys!
I'd like to know what are your ways to study, not the way to do it but the way you get the motivation to do it.
Because everytime I come at my home I can't get the motivation to do my homeworks instead I just go out and see friends or stay in the house doing nothing in the end...

Do you have any advice for me?
iiinvest
I generally have two ways that motivate myself to get my goals accomplished. One way that is really good at getting me in the mood to do something is to watch a youtube video on something somewhat similar. I play guitar and there are times when I don't want to do anything but flip on a video of someone blasting through a song really inspires me to play. Before starting what I want to work on, I try to close my eyes and imagine myself doing it extremely well. This technique is very good when you have down time like waiting for someone or something.

My second way is to write all my goals on a piece of paper and stick it on my wall. Whenever I'm in my room I see the goals and I can't help but want to accomplish them. I've even have taken a photo of the goals and have it as my wallpaper on my Iphone.
Radar
I have no idea any more, except to say work in quiet place, and do whatever seems to produce results for you.
lrj945
I am curious about the motivation you want to learn something. The first thing you have to be clear is whether you really want to learn that. Otherwise you don't have to add pressure on yourself.
pll
Yeah, I'm sure I want to learn that stuff but when I sit down in the front of my computer I just start doing something else that's more fun.

Like right now I should be studying electricity but I'm on FRIhost.

Electricity is really cool when I'm at school I really like this kind of science, but when I'm at home, I don't want to do this, that's the reason why!

iiinvest wrote:
Before starting what I want to work on, I try to close my eyes and imagine myself doing it extremely well. This technique is very good when you have down time like waiting for someone or something.

My second way is to write all my goals on a piece of paper and stick it on my wall. Whenever I'm in my room I see the goals and I can't help but want to accomplish them.


Thanks a lot! I'll try this!
odayguide
Just study what you like and study with your heart.
daselang
pll wrote:
Yeah, I'm sure I want to learn that stuff but when I sit down in the front of my computer I just start doing something else that's more fun.

Like right now I should be studying electricity but I'm on FRIhost.

Electricity is really cool when I'm at school I really like this kind of science, but when I'm at home, I don't want to do this, that's the reason why!

iiinvest wrote:
Before starting what I want to work on, I try to close my eyes and imagine myself doing it extremely well. This technique is very good when you have down time like waiting for someone or something.

My second way is to write all my goals on a piece of paper and stick it on my wall. Whenever I'm in my room I see the goals and I can't help but want to accomplish them.


Thanks a lot! I'll try this!


y not shut down the computer, and set a gold of what should be done atm.write down the the most important stuff,the second most important stuff,and so on. Action follows your shedule.
chatrack
Search for the possibilities of the subject you are interested to study.
jwellsy
Tests have shown that we can only concentrate effectively for a maximum of 33 minutes and 33 seconds. Get a cheap kitchen timer and when you want to study set it for 33 minutes. When it goes off, your done, quit working and get up and do something else. If you need to get more studying done come back next hour and do another 33 minutes. You'll get more done in two 33 minute periods in 2 hours than trying to study for 2 hours straight.
newtoPHP
I recognize myself in what you say 'PLL' and think everyone does in one way or another. Very Happy
What I'm trying to do is to think 'okay, I just start a little - I do one exercise or read a chapter then it's enough' ' doing a little thing is better than doing nothing at all'. Then when I started on it I'll usually get into it and sometimes feel that it's even fun to continue. Like I said sometimes it is not the subject that is difficult to study, but only that it is hard to start something.

All other tips written above is also very good!
lovescience
jwellsy wrote:
Tests have shown that we can only concentrate effectively for a maximum of 33 minutes and 33 seconds.


Feel free to spend less time on the subject required you to study. Feel relax when you are studying the subject. The point is not going to be spend time on homework, instead is to learn something from doing the homework. Maybe, you would have a deeper understanding of the subject after doing the homework.
pll
lovescience wrote:
jwellsy wrote:
Tests have shown that we can only concentrate effectively for a maximum of 33 minutes and 33 seconds.


Feel free to spend less time on the subject required you to study. Feel relax when you are studying the subject. The point is not going to be spend time on homework, instead is to learn something from doing the homework. Maybe, you would have a deeper understanding of the subject after doing the homework.

That's really good thank you!

For the point of starting by little chunks : Actually that's what I'm always doing to get my stuff done, but I know I should do a little bit more stuff.

As for the 33 Minutes thing, I'll try it for sure.

With our smartphones, portable computers and everything else it's hard not to be concentrated for less than 30 minutes. But I'll give a try for sure!
zty543
Laughing money
lrj945
zty543 wrote:
Laughing money


What a vulgarity guy. This is all you pursue for£¿£¿
So pathetic. Where is your dream??
zty543
lrj945 wrote:
zty543 wrote:
Laughing money


What a vulgarity guy. This is all you pursue for£¿£¿
So pathetic. Where is your dream??



hey guy!and where is your dream??tell me! my dream just live quietly! but no money ! nothing!
blackheart
I personally find it difficult to study at home too. So I go into uni and study in the library, where I'm generally able to sit down and sleigh out an assignment in a few hours straight.

Facebook/reddit are still tempting, but having gone to all the effort to travel to uni I feel obligated to be productive. Laughing
Ghost Rider103
blackheart wrote:
I personally find it difficult to study at home too. So I go into uni and study in the library, where I'm generally able to sit down and sleigh out an assignment in a few hours straight.

Facebook/reddit are still tempting, but having gone to all the effort to travel to uni I feel obligated to be productive. Laughing

I think anytime I have a browser open I also have Facebook up as well. It is definitely a bit distracting.

Also, welcome back to Frihost. Very Happy
deanhills
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
Also, welcome back to Frihost. Very Happy
Ditto for me! Great to see you posting Blackheart.
Bluedoll
Yep somethings can be distracting. I guess if we have to turn them off we do. Can always come back to it but study should come first maybe.
itianda
Do not think it and you will have motivation.
Possum
Quote:
I'd like to know what are your ways to study, not the way to do it but the way you get the motivation to do it.


Money.. I don't know if what I do is really studying. But I am a learner. When I get it right I earn money. Business is my examiner.
tecwebgames
pll wrote:
Hey guys!
I'd like to know what are your ways to study, not the way to do it but the way you get the motivation to do it.
Because everytime I come at my home I can't get the motivation to do my homeworks instead I just go out and see friends or stay in the house doing nothing in the end...

Do you have any advice for me?

kkkkkkkk good!
tecwebgames
pll wrote:
Hey guys!
I'd like to know what are your ways to study, not the way to do it but the way you get the motivation to do it.
Because everytime I come at my home I can't get the motivation to do my homeworks instead I just go out and see friends or stay in the house doing nothing in the end...

Do you have any advice for me?

kkkkkkkk good!
tecwebgames
pll wrote:
Hey guys!
I'd like to know what are your ways to study, not the way to do it but the way you get the motivation to do it.
Because everytime I come at my home I can't get the motivation to do my homeworks instead I just go out and see friends or stay in the house doing nothing in the end...

Do you have any advice for me?


gogogogogo!
tecwebgames
lrj945 wrote:
I am curious about the motivation you want to learn something. The first thing you have to be clear is whether you really want to learn that. Otherwise you don't have to add pressure on yourself.


very very!
rohan5039
You have to motivate your heart first for doing daily work and assignments then you will be successful really, and this is best way to succeed in your life that do your work for daily routine, you have to use to to do it. Then their will be no problem Laughing
Related topics
Microsoft slams UK open-source study
What are you studying or what's your profession?
[OFFICIAL] How do you study?
The best ways to study
Study: Men Enjoy Seeing Bad People Suffer
Should Lord of the Flies be taught in schools?
Are christians educated?
MCP, CCNA, MCSE (Study Course and Jobs)
Studying abroad
i'm doing some self study in computer programming
study
A-level study
How To Stay Focus On Study
Daughter does not like to study economics
Have you tried to study online?
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Jobs and Learning

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.