FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Who was the greediest person you ever met?

chasbeen
I have met a few, some I knew personally and those whose actions indicate how greedy they are.
During food shortages the greedy ones can be seen clearing shelves in supermarkets.
I also used to know someone who used to tale more than her fair share and hide stuff from others so she could come back later and get more.
I'm interested, who do you know whose a bit Greedy?
standready
I have met a few also. I have a neighbor that is the greediest, self-centered person that I have ever had unfortunate discomfort of knowing. If he has something, it is gold. If you have the exact same item, it is trash. He treats everyone including his family like crap.
I just look at him and wonder what will be said to him at the pearly gates just before the handle is pulled to send him to _____.
Nameless
I haven't met that many obvious greedy people, so at least in terms of selfish desire to have everything whether it's earned or not and throwing in some occasional rapid over consumption problems ... probably me. ._.
Ghost900
I haven't really met too many greedy people or at least I don't remember meeting them.
pll
I sometimes meet greedy people, you can see it in school, you just need to observe a little bit people around you.

It's really easy to see. I think ''greed is good'' until a certain point. It's true, if no one was greedy the world would never go forward... But you don't want to bee TOO greedy for all the reasons you can imagine.

I think tons of salespersons are too greedy too, when you enter a store and they jump on you.
chasbeen
I suppose we could all be described as greedy to a certain extent. However having enjoyed a bit of being "greedy" I think I am less so as I am more interested in the things that are more important.
I suppose an indicator on how greedy a person you are is how much you contribute:
Money and Time to help somebody else and not the amount of time you spend in church telling a priest your not greedy. (In religion Greed is one of 10 things you should not do)
foumy6
For me it would have to be My grandma's sister first of all she re-uses plastic zip lock bags at least 20 times before throwing them away, but what really makes her greedy is her nephew has cancer and left almost everything to her in his will (He doesnt have long left) and she make him pay her for gas to drive him to his kimo therapy. To me that is just a horrid thing to do to a person who is leaveing you so much, I mean what more do you want?? I don;t know she really upsets me.
deanhills
I haven't actually met him, but I'd say two of them at least are Gates and Jobs. For me someone is greedy when they are making money far in excess of what they need. Bill Gates and Steve Jobs do represent greed. So do the Big Banks. Particularly those Fat Cats who are creaming in huge commissions on doubtful investments, while they are safely ensconced in their Ivory Tower luxury offices where no one can get to them.
Nameless
foumy6 wrote:
For me it would have to be My grandma's sister first of all she re-uses plastic zip lock bags at least 20 times before throwing them away, but what really makes her greedy is her nephew has cancer and left almost everything to her in his will (He doesnt have long left) and she make him pay her for gas to drive him to his kimo therapy. To me that is just a horrid thing to do to a person who is leaveing you so much, I mean what more do you want?? I don;t know she really upsets me.

... those two examples just gave me mood whiplash. Sad
deanhills
Nameless wrote:
foumy6 wrote:

... those two examples just gave me mood whiplash. Sad
I don't know, to me that is an extreme example of stinginess, which in a way is just as bad as greediness.
jws325
deanhills wrote:
I haven't actually met him, but I'd say two of them at least are Gates and Jobs. For me someone is greedy when they are making money far in excess of what they need. Bill Gates and Steve Jobs do represent greed. So do the Big Banks. Particularly those Fat Cats who are creaming in huge commissions on doubtful investments, while they are safely ensconced in their Ivory Tower luxury offices where no one can get to them.

I wouldn't say that Gates is any greedier than other businessmen - he just succeeded where they failed. After accumulating billions of dollars, he is giving most of it away through the Gates foundation. A truly greedy man would continue to seek profits instead of giving them away.
gh0stface
jws325 wrote:
deanhills wrote:

I wouldn't say that Gates is any greedier than other businessmen - he just succeeded where they failed. After accumulating billions of dollars, he is giving most of it away through the Gates foundation. A truly greedy man would continue to seek profits instead of giving them away.

I'd say Steve Jobs was more of a greedy person than Bill Gates.

As you stated, Bill Gates as has a charity that is seeking to to enhance healthcare and reduce extreme poverty, globally and in America, to expand educational opportunities and access to information technology.

What has Steve Jobs done that was humanitarian? Nothing.

Check out my blog posting about Steve Jobs - http://bit.ly/pYtJyj

Steve Jobs was a smart man, but a pretty crappy person.
Frilleee
Me myself and I
deanhills
jws325 wrote:
deanhills wrote:

it would be interesting to see the percentage of his total wealth that is being invested in the Gates Foundation. I'm sure it will be just enough of a percentage so that he can score on income tax reductions. He of course has fantastic PR in his favour too. I'm not knocking him as whatever contributions he has made have been great. I'm just saying that he went for much more than "enough". When he was actively involved in the industry he wanted more and more. Buy out the competition, and grow into a Big Brother. Instead of nurturing newcomers and help them to start their own empires.
pll
gh0stface wrote:
jws325 wrote:
deanhills wrote:

As you stated, Bill Gates as has a charity that is seeking to to enhance healthcare and reduce extreme poverty, globally and in America, to expand educational opportunities and access to information technology.

Awwww!!!
How can you say that? I totally disagree.
First, Gates & Jobs are not greedy people. It's not because you earn a lot of money that you are greedy.

I don't know for Gates, but as for Steve Jobs he was only doing what he liked the most in life.
He never was greedy, if he was a greedy person he would have like 50 houses everywhere in the world and he didn't. He had one or 2 houses only, one car (not 20).

And if you didn't know Steve needed to find bottles so he can sell them to eat when he was young.

It's not because you earn more money that the average Joe that you are more greedy (sometimes yes, but not everytime).

Listen this vid, you'll truly understand how Steve lived :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF8uR6Z6KLc
deanhills
pll wrote:
gh0stface wrote:
jws325 wrote:
deanhills wrote:

Awwww!!!
How can you say that? I totally disagree.
First, Gates & Jobs are not greedy people. It's not because you earn a lot of money that you are greedy.

I don't know for Gates, but as for Steve Jobs he was only doing what he liked the most in life.
He never was greedy, if he was a greedy person he would have like 50 houses everywhere in the world and he didn't. He had one or 2 houses only, one car (not 20).

And if you didn't know Steve needed to find bottles so he can sell them to eat when he was young.

It's not because you earn more money that the average Joe that you are more greedy (sometimes yes, but not everytime).

Listen this vid, you'll truly understand how Steve lived :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF8uR6Z6KLc
I think there is a difference between greedy and stingy/frugal. You can still be greedy for more money, power and control of the industry, and be stingy. frugal and conservative with your money spending at the same time.

For example, why should all the power of the Internet be concentrated in Google? Is it really healthy for one giant company to have so much power and influence over the industry? Isn't that just plain greedy?
Abbey_babyx
One of my old friends could eat forever, non stop! Me - i just couldnt eat that much;L