FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Insurance

Tony The Tiger
Do people have media plans with their home insurables? I just got sold a plan that covers $5K of computers, external hard drives, cellphones, digital cameras, iPods and such for $80 per year. I previously had $6000K of coverage for my computer equipment. This is more broad insurance. I still have to have a $5/month of separate insurance on my cellphone, but that has a $100 deductible and the home policiy has no deductible. I have to keep the $5 in insurance with ATT so that I can get the enhanced support package for $5. Otherwise no tech support. What do you think of these options?
Tony The Tiger
Tony The Tiger wrote:
Do people have media plans with their home insurables? I just got sold a plan that covers $5K of computers, external hard drives, cellphones, digital cameras, iPods and such for $80 per year. I previously had $6000K of coverage for my computer equipment. This is more broad insurance. I still have to have a $5/month of separate insurance on my cellphone, but that has a $100 deductible and the home policiy has no deductible. I have to keep the $5 in insurance with ATT so that I can get the enhanced support package for $5. Otherwise no tech support. What do you think of these options?

I actually just decided to cut my coverage to $2500 for $40. I have a 2010 Laptop that might be worth $500, a 2003 laptop probably worth $100ish, two 160GB ipods, a 3TB Free Agent External, a 5-year old 750GB Seagate external, a generic 500GB external, a 5 year old Canon Powershot TX-1, a 3-week old BlackBerry Torch 9810, 20-year old JVC stereos system and a 12-year old Philips Magnovox 25in PIP TV. My Garmin Nuvi is not covered by this policy for some reason. I think I am overcovered.
standready
Any contents in my home are covered under my standard homeowners' policy with full replacement cost.
I will not trust my memory during the shock of a loss. I have video and photographs to document items and I have scanned all receipts. These items are kept in fireproof box.
Tony The Tiger
standready wrote:
Any contents in my home are covered under my standard homeowners' policy with full replacement cost.
I will not trust my memory during the shock of a loss. I have video and photographs to document items and I have scanned all receipts. These items are kept in fireproof box.

I think the insurance that I have for my condo is different than standard homeowners because I need a separate rider for enumerated valuables.