FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Another reporting category that would be useful

ocalhoun
It has come to my attention, that a reporting category for 'zombie thread' or 'necromancer post' would be useful, to be used for reporting instances where somebody resurrects a long-dead thread just to add something useless.

Just another thing for the to do list probably; if I recall, there are several new reporting categories waiting to be added... This one could just be added into the list for the next time that page/system is updated.

(Suggesting in a public thread in case anybody wants to share their thoughts on the subject.)
sonam
Few time before I suggest to close all old threads what is answered or don't need new reply and stop to display this threads in "Similar topic". But this suggestions are not accepted. I am pretty sure the members (new and old) don't always look when is thread started and when is last comment posted. In that case your suggestion about reporting "zombie thread" can produce negative results with reporting posts what is posted by mistake.

Your suggestion need little improving like insert some warnings in reply page (e.g. "This thread is last time posted dd.mm.yy.") and your post can result with reporting like "zombie thread" to prevent posting with mistake.

Sonam
deanhills
Not all old topics are that bad. Some of them - I can't immediately recollect what they were - were great. I think whether topics are "zombie" topics should really be picked up and judged by Moderators. You're right however Ocalhoun, there are so many topics on the "To Do" list, this one would probably have to wait for a while.
Smile
rajpk
hmm
yes i agree with deanhills all post are not bad to continue. but some post are like that and moderators can close that thread no need of reporting system
Smile