FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can not delete files

uknowgary
Hello,
I use mambo opensource and added some component. Later, I want to delete all the folder and file in my host but 1 folder remain. I see that the GID of the file is: apache. Although I have chmod to 777, it can not be changed and deleted. Can anyone help me?
Bockman
do you have some .php files left there (some prepare uninstall file)? if so, try and run it, and then remove it from fantastico.

Be Well Cool
Daniel15
If the GID and UID is 'apache', this means that the user that the web server runs under owns the file, not you. Therefore, you won't be able to delete. Try deleting the file through cPanel File Manager or DirectAdmin File Manager (depending on what server you're on) and see if it will delete.

Maybe Bondings can delete it for you, but otherwise, you might not be able to.
Bondings
I'm currently trying to find a solution to this problem. I hope to find one before the end of the weekend.

The problem is, like daniel15 said, that all files created by php, are set under gid/uid of apache instead of your username and that causes you to lose writing permission to those files.
uknowgary
I am using directadmin. I tried but Directadmin can not delete it. Hope you guys find some ways. Beside that, I am totally happy with my free hosting at frihost.
uknowgary
Hello, it seems that this topic is getting more and more spams.

Hello budazz and timlief, I did not use directadmin nor ftp program to create these files. Hope it will help you guys.
mathiaus
may have to create a new php file and use the chown function thingy. Hope this will work
http://uk2.php.net/chown
I'd love to help more on this but I've never used this before Rolling Eyes
Bondings
mathiaus wrote:
may have to create a new php file and use the chown function thingy. Hope this will work
http://uk2.php.net/chown
I'd love to help more on this but I've never used this before Rolling Eyes

This might help, but I'm trying to find a better solution for this. I just don't have much time lately.
cnnet
I also met the same thing
I can only change the name of the file and folder
while I can't del them
uknowgary
Dear Bonding, Can you delete all of my files and folders in my host?
avssmsu.frih.net
Bondings
uknowgary wrote:
Dear Bonding, Can you delete all of my files and folders in my host?
avssmsu.frih.net

Should I create a brand new account?
smart19
is there any method to delete some folders?
progman89
I had this problem before and it's really simple to fix...instead of trying to use your FTP program to delete the files, use the File Manager in cPanel. It's a bug that occurs on every server I've ever used with certain php scripts.
uknowgary
Thanks, Bondings. I have not built any web page in avssmsu.frih.net yet. Can you cancel that account and create a new account for me? Something like uknowgary.frih.net...
Bondings
You should have gotten an email with the details. If not, please contact me either here or with pm.