FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Lets discuss on Earthquake

shivaghimire
Today, I feel earthquake in Nepal. Its of 6.8 Rector Scale. Its high I think because we rarely feel earthquake here in Nepal although Nepal lies in probable area in earthquake as it lies between Indian and Chinese Plate. It has been 2 hours now. I heard 2 deaths due to the fall down of wall of compound of England's Embassy.
Lets discuss how we can be safe from Earthquake as it comes without information and we cannot forecast on earthquake. The probability of loss has been increased due to increase in population, constructions and so on.
How many times have you feel earthquake? I feel 4 times till now. Today's earthquake is the heavy one I ever feel.
Earthquake is destructive and we feel afraid of this but today I feel so fun as this is a experience after few years. I didn't feel any vibration on my heart which shows me afraid of it. But so sad I heard two death and more news is online of destruction but hope no death will occur more.
GoldenEagle
I remember the earthquake that hit us in NY earlier last month. It was only a small 5 or something along those lines, but I thought it was pretty neat to be in an earthquake. We don't get them very often around here.
ocalhoun
A 6.8 and only 2 deaths?

That's actually not bad at all. Could have been a lot worse.
shivaghimire
The number of deaths has increased to 7 till now in Nepal. The number of deaths in India has reached to 13. The center of earthquake was at the border of Nepal and India.
coolclay
Somehow I have yet to experience an earthquake. I lived in California for 4 years, no earthquakes, grew up my whole life in Pennsylvania, no earthquakes, until 2 weeks after I left for Louisiana!
ocalhoun
coolclay wrote:
Somehow I have yet to experience an earthquake. I lived in California for 4 years, no earthquakes, grew up my whole life in Pennsylvania, no earthquakes, until 2 weeks after I left for Louisiana!

Too bad you weren't in Japan to prevent that one.

The lucky anti-earthquake charm can't be everywhere at once though, I suppose.