FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Upload what? Need help

jozsi1983
I was wondering if Frihost server was able to have uploads......for example i want to have ppl upload files to my site but i can't figure out how. Thank you for your time.
jozsi1983
jozsi1983 wrote:
I was wondering if Frihost server was able to have uploads......for example i want to have ppl upload files to my site but i can't figure out how. Thank you for your time.

We are neither an image host, file storage or downloads website. Uploading of big files is forbidden. All accounts with high traffic and/or high occupation of space will be checked.

answered my own question poop
uknowgary
As I know, frihost does not support anonymous ftp so your users can not upload or download using ftp. You must create an account for ftp in DirectAdmin or Cpanel.
But it's not safe I think. I use mambo opensource (A content management system) and I have added a component to upload files through this. But it takes time and effort. If you just get started in building your site. Just do the simple things.
geyikkutuphanesi
what is The biggest file allowed to upload?
Daniel15
There is no file size limit at FriHost.

You can't use your space as a file host. This could be classified as reselling FriHost's space and bandwidth and is not allowed. See the TOS at http://www.frihost.com/tos.php (Section B.2)
budazz
you have to limit all your files...that you want to upload.. Cool
geyikkutuphanesi
Can I unziped my files on frihost??..I am asking these quesitons cos I havent got hosting from frihost yet and I wanna have it. Very Happy
timlief
Unzip? You need to download them first! Laughing
orno
1) You could make or google for a php script for uploading files. Just make sure you dont break and TOS while you do it
2) Correct me if I'm wrong but you can enable anonymous ftp for your account (once you have one) through your cPanel (and probably directadmin)
3) cPanel can unzip uploaded zip (or tar or gz or bz2) files