FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Network

Teldosar
Hello
I need at home a Internet, and my mobile phone has one.

So can i log in with my laptop over my mobile phone?
is this possible?

Can someone help me with this?

Sorry my english is not so good, and i am new in the forum.

Thanks forward

Yours sincerely
Teldosar
ExMachina
Generally, you have to pay an additional monthly fee to a service provider on top of your current plan to use your phone as a mobile hot spot. Not only that, only some phones will be capable of supporting this feature and providing you with a decent connection for other devices. There are also options such as purchasing additional hardware that will hook up to your phone and broadcast it wi-fi signal, though these generally will violate the Terms of Service agreement that you signed because most providers don't allow this form of "tethering".

So I would need to know your mobile service provider and what kind of phone you have. Your location would also help too. Very Happy
Marcuzzo
with android you can tether your connection.
just enable your 3G connection, enable tethering ( USB or Wifi ) and connect to your android phone and you have an internet connection.
but it is rather slow.
sanalskumar
You can use internet in your machine through your phone.
Usually Your PC suite (The application that you use to manage your phone from the PC) will have a direct option to do this. And check with your service provider if they are providing any good plans to use mobile internet with your PC because, some service providers will restrict internet usage on PCs. Either way, mobile GPRS is very slow and if your device supports 3G you can go with that. But from where i am talking, 3G is a bit costly and unlimited usage plans are hard to find.
Josso
Unless it's 3g I wouldn't bother, also you can get little 3g USB sticks that provide internet but like phone internet (as mentioned above) it is very hard to get an "unlimited" plan and you may be limited on how much bandwidth you can use. Are there any wi-fi points near you? If you have linux I could suggest a few things... Wink
FunDa
Teldosar wrote:
Hello

is this possible?

Thanks forward

Yours sincerely
Teldosar

It is possible.

But depends on your mobile phone.

1)What is the brand/company/name of your mobile phone ?

2)What is the model name of your mobile phone ?

3)Does it have WiFi ? Does it have bluetooth ? Or do u have the connecting cable ? And the PC Suite software for your mobile ?

4)Does your laptop have WiFi and bluetooth ?

The most basic connection I use is with an ordinary desktop/laptop with a USB connecting cable(of the phone) connected to Nokia 3310 classic mobile phone.

It will work throught Nokia PC Suite software(I use windows).

In Ubuntu, u don't even need the software. When the computer asks for APN(Access Point Name) give the APN from the mobile phone internet connection settings.

I use GPRS(2G), but very cost effective, with Tata Docomo connection costing Rs48 for 30 days(but only 2.5GB).
More bandwidth is also avaliable with slighltly costlier(but still affordable internet packs).
mukesh
Teldosar wrote:
Hello

is this possible?

Thanks forward

Yours sincerely
Teldosar

Teldosar

I think you should to activate GPRS in Mobile and you can connect laptop by mobile cable.