FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Rotate Pages of PDF

nivinjoy
Hey friends recently I encountered with a problem. One of my Professor had scanned and emailed me a textbook written by him for reference.. And the scanned copy was a PDF file.

In the PDF file what happened was that some pages are tilted, I mean some pages are needed to be rotated Clockwise and some are to be rotated counter clockwise..

So now I need all the pages in the same alignment. So what is the procedure or way to do this..? I tried Adobe Acrobat.. But couldn't figure out how to do this..
cybersa
Try Foxit PDF editor.
therimalaya
Using FoxIT PDF editor or Acrobat Professional (Writer), you can rotate the selected pages.
emanuel2
if you google for you will find many free alternatives. For example I use pdfsam it has quite nice features. For example merging multiple pdfs. For pdf editing you can also use the free Inkscape.
davidv
If you're only using a small, select number of pages in the textbook, it's probably easier to just rotate it using a touch bad or the mouse equivalent rather than waste time finding, installing and configuring a new pdf viewer.
Helios
Is it possible to rotate the document in Adobe Acrobat Professional? If so, how?
Somebody at worked asked me this question and I couldn't find an answer for him Sad
davidv
Helios wrote:
Is it possible to rotate the document in Adobe Acrobat Professional? If so, how?
Somebody at worked asked me this question and I couldn't find an answer for him Sad

I don't typically work on desktops but when I'm on my notebook, placing two fingers maybe 5cms apart, twist it either left or right will cause it to rotate. I'm sure there's an equivalent method on desktop computers.

http://www.wikihow.com/Rotate-Pages-in-a-PDF-Document-Using-Adobe-Acrobat

C'mon guys, Google.
nivinjoy
In the PDF file the pages are in the form of images.. So its again difficult to select and copy them. Otherwise what i will have to do is that extract all the files as single images and then rotate using any image editor and save them. Then again combine them using Adobe Acrobat.

But this process takes hell lot of time as there are about 342 pages in total. That is why i asked is there any way to have them rotated in the PDF document itself..?
menino
therimalaya wrote:
Using FoxIT PDF editor or Acrobat Professional (Writer), you can rotate the selected pages.

I also concur with foxit software, but they got a new pdf editor called phantompdf, and it is not free.
site = http://www.foxitsoftware.com/
nivinjoy
menino wrote:
therimalaya wrote:

I also concur with foxit software, but they got a new pdf editor called phantompdf, and it is not free.
site = http://www.foxitsoftware.com/

Hmmm.. Ok.. I will try that..
deanhills
Helios wrote:
One can do it in Acrobat Reader 8 by selecting View and Rotate View. You can't save the view however. You can rotate two positions only, clock wise or anti clock wise.

One needs the Acrobat Full Version Software to do it permanently of course.

I found a free on-line service (no free software) - but of course that won't help nivinjoy much as his pages are not all consistently the same, some need to be changed clockwise, others anti-clockwise. Nevertheless, if all the pages need to be changed consistently, this is a free on-line service for it:
http://www.rotatepdf.net/
nivinjoy
deanhills wrote:
Helios wrote:
One can do it in Acrobat Reader 8 by selecting View and Rotate View. You can't save the view however. You can rotate two positions only, clock wise or anti clock wise.

One needs the Acrobat Full Version Software to do it permanently of course.

I found a free on-line service (no free software) - but of course that won't help nivinjoy much as his pages are not all consistently the same, some need to be changed clockwise, others anti-clockwise. Nevertheless, if all the pages need to be changed consistently, this is a free on-line service for it:
http://www.rotatepdf.net/

Hmmm.. I will have a try with this website.. Thanks "Deanhills"..