FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Raymond Feist

Pharas
His magician series has to be one of the all time greatest fantasy sets to ever come out. I have read them about 500 times and it's still like the first time.
KungFuChris
Which we have a small thread about here http://frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5927

Though I'd like to point out that there is no 'Magician series', unless you happen to be talking about the US edition of Magician:Apprentice and Magician:Master.

I assume, though, you mean the Riftwar saga (Magician, Silverthorn, Darkness at Sethanon), which are some of my favourites, though I think the Serpentwar Saga won over me more, mostly because Nakor is in it more Laughing
kany
Well I have read the searpant war but i didn't like it because the searpants were scarce in it. The first part was nice . But the second one "The rise of a merchant prince" was a complete crap . In the third and fourth part the pantathian megicians were all destroyed and the saaur were also mentioned very less. So over all i din't thought it justified its name. WEll it really wasted my time alot Evil or Very Mad
KungFuChris
kany wrote:
Well I have read the searpant war but i didn't like it because the searpants were scarce in it.

Well... to be also honest the Riftwar Saga also didn't feature too heavily on the actual rifts either.

I think both kept fairly true to their names, though, as it is a saga about the war, not the battle. As such it shows other sides to the story than just the warrior in the front lines and tells tales of how it also effects the lands and the people not directly involved.

Rise of a Merchant Prince was less action packed than the other books, but I thought it helped lend a more pressing urgency to the overall story when thought of as a whole, proving just how much this confrontation was costing the Kingdom.