FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Anyone not on facebook?

On facebook?
BRAINNSSS... BRAIIIIIINNNSSS [yes]
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
Wheres the nearest armoury, we need to get rid of these zombies [no]
78%
 78%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 14

Josso
Apparently 6% of my age group in the UK (couldn't find source for this but sounds about right) doesn't use facebook... if you take away physically/mentally disabled people and people who can't afford computers or the internet you are most likely left with a smaller figure.

Anyone?

Please help... I hope there's someone out there... I don't know whos human and whos cylon anymore Crying or Very sad Laughing

(by the way I do actually have valid reasons based partially on behavioural modelling, but I'm not going to discuss them in detail unless maybe someone comes up with a good pro or con point... other communications systems can be as efficent, if not more, so don't use "keep in contact with people" as a pro point please... it is a limitation of communications to one system which has been caused by trends, my basic counter-argument for this excuse)
Nameless
[citation needed], of course.

I've never used Facebook or similar social networking sites. The format doesn't appeal to me compared to simple discussion forums or email.
ExMachina
I'm not in the United Kingdom, but I'm sure I'm part of an equally small group of younger people here in the United States who reject Facebook. Razz
standready
No Facebook here nor do I follow anyone on Facebook or Twitter. There are far more important things than 'whatever useless thing somebody did' to deal with.
loremar
Facebook?Eh?

What's a facebook? Confused

lol. I think I blocked my memory to recall what's a facebook. Very Happy
cybersa
In my opinion,Facebook is a waste of time.
Many of my friends having Facebook only for chatting with girl friends.

I'm using Twitter for a year.
Really nice.
Developer use only Twitter than Facebook.
We can get all info about needed things.
achowles
I have never had a Facebook account and I don't particularly want to change that, to be honest. I don't know if I count as being in your age group though - not knowing what age group that is.
vidafenomenal
something like wasting time in facebook.
Peterssidan
I don't use facebook. I waste time on other things I'm afraid.
ExMachina
Glad to see so many Frihosters buck the trend!

Alas, we are a minority... Crying or Very sad
softwarefreak
achowles wrote:
I have never had a Facebook account and I don't particularly want to change that, to be honest. I don't know if I count as being in your age group though - not knowing what age group that is.

Exactly!
softwarefreak
It should be named fakebook wid the subtitle

FakeBook.com

fakebook helps you to waste your time!
sonam
I don't use any social network for now. Maybe if I start my own business and for promotions of it but not for chat with friends. I like phones and real tone for communication.

Sonam
jmlworld
I've recently deactivated my Facebook account after 4 years. I'm on Twitter for obvious reasons, but I've ditched the rest of social networks including LinkedIn. This gave me plenty of time to do various things in real life.
ExMachina
jmlworld wrote:
I've recently deactivated my Facebook account after 4 years. I'm on Twitter for obvious reasons, but I've ditched the rest of social networks including LinkedIn. This gave me plenty of time to do various things in real life.

Haha, the best part about deactivating your Facebook account is that they make you jump through flaming hoops to do it. "Are you reeeeeally, super duper sure you want to deactivate your account?"

Razz
william
It seems a lot of people who frequent forums tend to avoid Facebook. Personally, I have never bothered with social networking sites. I don't see the purpose, nor the appeal. I don't want to tell everyone what I'm doing (makes you seem desperate for attention) nor do I want to limit communication over the internet.

If you want to communicate with friends, why not do it in person? Isn't that more engaging and more pleasurable? And if your friends live at a distance, what's wrong with an email or a phone call?
watersoul
Hi I'm Watersoul and I'm a recovering Facebookaholic Laughing
Deleted my account over a year ago, completely liberating freedom from my addiction.
I just stick to the friends in my mobile phone or email directory these days - if theres a party going on thats worth going, I'll hear about it in the real world, If I missed a birthday or something that involved someone not in my phone, then to be honest, I can't have been that close to them so don't really care...cold perhaps, but real.
Insanity
It's all about MySpace!