FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I need help with making a scatter graph on microsoft excell

foumy6
Okay, so I have to make a scatter graph for a data table and I have everything done, but I have one problem the points are following the wrong axis. so fo my x axis is time , and my y is mass I need the points to line up with the mass not the time how do I change this I'm using excell 2007
kelseymh
foumy6 wrote:
Okay, so I have to make a scatter graph for a data table and I have everything done, but I have one problem the points are following the wrong axis. so fo my x axis is time , and my y is mass I need the points to line up with the mass not the time how do I change this I'm using excell 2007

Have you already installed the "analysis toolkit" from your Excel (or Office) installation disk? You have to do that in order to get access to real plotting tools like scatter and histogramming. Otherwise, Excel stupidly uses the row number for the X axis Sad
therimalaya
If you are using Excel 2007, then the following process is applicable. In other i'm not sure

To make a scattered diagram, you may be using one dependent variable and one independent variable.

1. First go to insert tab
2. choose scatter graph
3. select the data source
a) Select the independent data for Horizontal Axis and dependent data for vertical axis
4. It will generate a graph, but it has a line attached
5. Select the line, go to shape outline drop-down, choose no-outline
6. also remove the legend
7. You will obtain a scattered plot
Ankhanu
foumy6 wrote:

Um, change the axis data ranges to the appropriate cell ranges?
foumy6
Thanks to all of you for the help I got it down now it took me 5 mins to make the last one I needed to.