FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The gallery

jozsi1983
I was wondering how I would use Local Server Upload Paths? Everytime i put a directory it wont le me? Anyone else have this problem?

"Specify the legal directories on the local server where a user can store files and then upload them into Gallery using the Upload from Local Server feature. The paths you enter here and all the files and directories under those paths will be available to any Gallery user who has upload privileges, so you should limit this to directories that won't contain sensitive data (eg. /tmp or /usr/ftp/incoming) "

"The webserver does not have permissions to read that directory"
jozsi1983
jozsi1983 wrote:
I was wondering how I would use Local Server Upload Paths? Everytime i put a directory it wont le me? Anyone else have this problem?

"Specify the legal directories on the local server where a user can store files and then upload them into Gallery using the Upload from Local Server feature. The paths you enter here and all the files and directories under those paths will be available to any Gallery user who has upload privileges, so you should limit this to directories that won't contain sensitive data (eg. /tmp or /usr/ftp/incoming) "

"The webserver does not have permissions to read that directory"

We are neither an image host, file storage or downloads website. Uploading of big files is forbidden. All accounts with high traffic and/or high occupation of space will be checked.

Yea.....oh well
dan751
As far as I know, We actually can use image gallery software, but it must not be our main site.Wink
Bondings
An image gallery is allowed, an image host isn't.
orno
You dont NEED to specify anything there...if, however, you want to use that feature, create a folder in your home directory (not under public_html but in the root of your account) called tmp or sumthing...then fill in /home/<your-account-name>/tmp

P.S next time, mention that you are talking about Gallery the software, give as much info as you can so that its easier for us to help out

Oh, and post back once you get it working