FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Thankyou America

Hello_World
Thank you America for inventing Reeces and all your peanut butter based chocolate.

Mmmm I love your chocolate.
loremar
Thank you America for teaching us English. Otherwise, I can't imagine how I'd be able to participate in Frihost.
Josso
Thanks America for the dodge challenger... oh and good movies from the 70s... errr the spy satellites they are probably useful keeping an eye on YOU KNOW WHO(not voldemort), rather you guys be paying for them though GOD DAMN those rockets are big. Er, de niro? An occasional z in words for no reason, that's nice... sort of makes spelling more fun. Probably increases scrabble scores. It's greatest achievement: spawning bondings... otherwise we wouldn't be here.

That's all I could think of.
ocalhoun
loremar wrote:
Thank you America for teaching us English.

Wasn't it the English who did that?

For me, I guess I'll thank America for a strong right to bear arms.
loremar
ocalhoun wrote:
loremar wrote:
Thank you America for teaching us English.

Wasn't it the English who did that?

No it's the Americans who taught us(Filipinos) and some other countries(under US control after the Treaty of Paris) - English. Otherwise we would be speaking those funny British expressions.

Though technically, some Americans used to be Spanish, Dutch, English, French, Swedish, Portuguese, and Natives then the British colony taught most of them English. But since the establishment of the US, they're already called Americans and they were the one who put effort into teaching us.

If this is a matter of who first taught who then I wouldn't be thanking the English, would I?

EDIT: Wait, I just reviewed history. And it seems Philippines may be the only country that is taught by the Americans with the English language.

In that case, thank you America. We are very lucky.

That thanks carry until the Chinese will colonize everyone. lol.
standready
ocalhoun wrote:

After the day I just had, it is a very good that I don't have any fire arms close by. I would have used them!

Thank you America for teaching greed instead of honor anymore.
ExMachina
Thank you America for having the intelligence to elect Barack Obama. /sarcasm

Rolling Eyes
Ghost900
Thank you America for giving us freedom... in general.

The right to bear arms, I haven't had that opportunity yet. Smile
truespeed
Thank you America for having the intelligence to elect Barack Obama. /no sarcasm
Nameless
Thank you America for having the intelligence to elect Barack Obama. /reverse double sarcasm
watersoul
Thank you America for your junk food, your bullshit corporate "have a nice day" false lines, your TSA and associated paranoia of any non US national trying to enter your country, your decisions to invade countries which had no proven involvement in the 911 attacks, your influence on my own weak government to follow yours, your 40+ million people without any healthcare which makes our NHS seem good value for the taxes I pay, and thank you for your 'must have everything' shallow materialistic media which has spread its theme around the world encouraging everyone to borrow money they cant afford for the next shiny thing or cosmetic enhancement.

...all of it is tongue in cheek though really, average people are just average people wherever they're from, some I like some I don't. As far as being grateful to any particular nation though, nah, it's all politics and mainstream media at the end of the day - why be grateful to any of the folk in power when there's usually some ulterior motive behind the scenes influencing their actions? ...votes, oil/defence contracts, dirty campaign money etc Rolling Eyes
hunnyhiteshseth
Thank you America for Vietnam war, splitting Korea into two, Afganistan War, Iraq War, supporting dictators and military generals around the world in suppressing people, economic recession and yeah ofcourse, for introducing us to nukes!!
We are so grateful to your selfishness! Laughing
ocalhoun
Nameless wrote:
/reverse double sarcasm

Huh?

What does that even mean?

(thank you America, for the term "reverse double sarcasm")
(On a more serious note, thank you America for the colorful pony show... That makes up for a lot of bad things ^.^)
pll
Thank you america for all your big stuff! Big Cars, Fat people, High Buildings !
missdixy
Thank you America for your great TV shows!!!!!
Aredon
Thank you America for being here to teach future generations in future countries what not to do politically, economically, and socially. Cool May they learn from our myriad of mistakes.
Blaster
Hello_World wrote:
Thank you America for inventing Reeces and all your peanut butter based chocolate.

Hershey PA.... You should be thanking Pennsylvania... Not America
deanhills
Blaster wrote:
Hello_World wrote:

After last night I thought PA had taken over the US - courtesy of Blaster! Laughing
Blaster
deanhills wrote:
Blaster wrote:
Hello_World wrote:

After last night I thought PA had taken over the US - courtesy of Blaster! Laughing

Its what started the US... Literately, it is after all where the constitution was drafted
ocalhoun
Blaster wrote:
Hello_World wrote:

... And really... when Americans want really good chocolate... they tend to import it from Europe.
Blaster
ocalhoun wrote:
Blaster wrote:
Hello_World wrote:

... And really... when Americans want really good chocolate... they tend to import it from Europe.
I suppose you are right... We half ass our shit... But it is still good... At a reccess myself a little bit ago... and what about Hershey's syrup for chocolate milk..
faten
i hope to visit america soon
Hello_World
Quote:
they tend to import it from Europe.

Sure, I'm aware of Europe's fine and facy chocolate, but I just love all the peanut butter Reeces etc.

I have to go to import shops to get it... Asian groceries sell it and specialty lollie shops.

Why Asian groceries, I have no idea.
Blaster
Hello_World wrote:
Quote:
they tend to import it from Europe.

Sure, I'm aware of Europe's fine and facy chocolate, but I just love all the peanut butter Reeces etc.

I have to go to import shops to get it... Asian groceries sell it and specialty lollie shops.

Why Asian groceries, I have no idea.

I feel bad for you. Here you can find them in most stores. I have a whole pack of them in my kitchen. And it is weird you can get them in the Asian Grocery stores
deanhills
Blaster wrote:
myself a little bit ago... and what about Hershey's syrup for chocolate milk..

Argh .... AWFUL stuff! :-&

Oops! The emoticon is not working - it's the one that got "sick".
Very Happy
Blaster
deanhills wrote:
Blaster wrote:

Very Happy

You don't like chocolate syrup or chocolate milk?
deanhills
Blaster wrote:
deanhills wrote:
Blaster wrote:

Very Happy

I love Cadbury's, Nestle and Nestle Milo. I don't like Hershey's syrup. There is chocolate and then there is Hershey's. Only Hershey's I like are the Hershey kisses with mint in them.
Very Happy
Blaster
deanhills wrote:
Blaster wrote:
deanhills wrote:
Blaster wrote:

Very Happy

I love Cadbury's, Nestle and Nestle Milo. I don't like Hershey's syrup. There is chocolate and then there is Hershey's. Only Hershey's I like are the Hershey kisses with mint in them.
Very Happy

Thats upsetting to me... as I sit here drinking some chocolate milk and enjoying the crap out of it.
deanhills
Blaster wrote:
Thats upsetting to me... as I sit here drinking some chocolate milk and enjoying the crap out of it.
Ha! Then you probably would have loved the first episode of the new pony show that started on 15 October. It was raining chocolate milk!!!! And pink candy floss! Pinky (a Pink Pony .... hehe) was going nuts over the pink candy floss.
Blaster
deanhills wrote:
Blaster wrote:
Ha! Then you probably would have loved the first episode of the new pony show that started on 15 October. It was raining chocolate milk!!!! And pink candy floss! Pinky (a Pink Pony .... hehe) was going nuts over the pink candy floss.

Back to scaring me with the ponies. That scared me out of drinking chocolate milk for a bit I think... Raining chocolate milk is just weird...
deanhills
Blaster wrote:
deanhills wrote:
Blaster wrote:

Back to scaring me with the ponies. That scared me out of drinking chocolate milk for a bit I think... Raining chocolate milk is just weird...
Right .... that was the first strike against the series. After that the candy floss, then a maze ..... I was contemplating whether I should let go of the next episode, but want to find out what happened with Discord, the dragon first. Then after that I may check out of the series.
Blaster
Well getting back on topic... Thank you America for not forcing me to watch shows about ponies.. and not putting them on major tv channels that I watch.
deanhills
Blaster wrote:
Well getting back on topic... Thank you America for not forcing me to watch shows about ponies.. and not putting them on major tv channels that I watch.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I actually did not get them on TV Channels - don't think I've ever seen the shows on the TV circuit here. They are on *drum roll* .... YouTube! The Silent Invasion.
Blaster
well Youtube is a good invention. However some of the things on it are not so good. Such as this pony series.
ocalhoun
Blaster wrote:
well Youtube is a good invention. However some of the things on it are not so good. Such as this pony series.

Good, now that the anti-hate shields are up, have you ever actually watched the show?

There have been ever so many people who had the same reaction... then watched the show... then suddenly became full-fledged fans of it. ^.^
metalfreek
Thank you America for those great TV shows and Hollywood movies.
deanhills
Thank you America for sending your soldiers to the Middle East so that people in the rest of the world may sleep safer at night.
Peterssidan
Thank you America for Richard Stallman.
ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:
Thank you America for sending your soldiers to the Middle East so that people in the rest of the world may sleep safer at night.

Well... there are some whom I'm sure would not thank us for that...
And it's debatable as to if it has made the world safer or not.
Blaster
ocalhoun wrote:
deanhills wrote:

Well... there are some whom I'm sure would not thank us for that...
And it's debatable as to if it has made the world safer or not.

Save that discussion for another time in another topic...
noob1001
Thank you America for Mcdonalds.
Saved my life on a trip to China Very Happy
Ghost Rider103
ocalhoun wrote:
Blaster wrote:

Good, now that the anti-hate shields are up, have you ever actually watched the show?

There have been ever so many people who had the same reaction... then watched the show... then suddenly became full-fledged fans of it. ^.^

Never even heard of the show till you started using the images around the forums.

Is this some sort of new YouTube show? I must have missed where this all started. Laughing

Anyways, yes thanks to America for American food! Was trying to think of some sort of American made product. But everything comes from China! Even if something says made in USA.... Well you can bet the parts inside it came from china. Laughing
Blaster
Stuff made in china doesn't always mean every part came from china. Sometimes the parts come from other countries and get assembled in china.
deanhills
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
Was trying to think of some sort of American made product. But everything comes from China! Even if something says made in USA.... Well you can bet the parts inside it came from china. Laughing
I can think of my New Balance Runners - but then again, the ones I have probably were manufactured in China too.

How about guns. Maybe Ocalhoun knows of guns that have been designed and manufactured by the United States?
Ghost Rider103
deanhills wrote:
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
Was trying to think of some sort of American made product. But everything comes from China! Even if something says made in USA.... Well you can bet the parts inside it came from china. Laughing
I can think of my New Balance Runners - but then again, the ones I have probably were manufactured in China too.

How about guns. Maybe Ocalhoun knows of guns that have been designed and manufactured by the United States?

Yes, that is one thing I missed! Let's all take the time to thank America for guns, WMD's, and other destructive / fatal things. Twisted Evil

Kidding of course. Laughing
deanhills
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
deanhills wrote:
Ghost Rider103 wrote:

Yes, that is one thing I missed! Let's all take the time to thank America for guns, WMD's, and other destructive / fatal things. Twisted Evil

Kidding of course. Laughing
Right, me too. However there are guns and guns.
Angel
ocalhoun
Ghost Rider103 wrote:

Is this some sort of new YouTube show? I must have missed where this all started. Laughing

It's a TV show... but it might as well be a YouTube show... I'm pretty sure more people watch it on YouTube than on TV.
deanhills wrote:

That is one of the things that the US still produces a significant portion of...
China hasn't been able to really corner the market on that... partly due to a US import ban against Chinese weapons that was in effect for a while, and partly for their reputation of making cheap, third-rate copies of other countries' designs.

Let's see... of the 10 I own...
Made in Romania: 1
Made in China: 1
Made in Croatia: 1
Made in Mexico: 1
Made in USA: 4
Made in Russia: 2

...But that's just anecdotal, as my taste in guns isn't exactly representative of the world's as a whole.
deanhills
Thanks Ocalhoun. Just saw on the news China has launched a man-less rocket to experiment with a docking station - so they seem to be going for space technology big time. Wonder how much of the design has been "bought" from the US?

Back to thank you America. Learned last night that fortune cookies were actually started in California for the first time. So thank you America for fortune cookies! *grin*
Laughing
ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:
Thanks Ocalhoun. Just saw on the news China has launched a man-less rocket to experiment with a docking station - so they seem to be going for space technology big time. Wonder how much of the design has been "bought" from the US?

Probably more of it bought from the Russians. They have a history of making deals, and besides, the Russians are probably selling it for a cheaper price.
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
deanhills wrote:

Probably more of it bought from the Russians. They have a history of making deals, and besides, the Russians are probably selling it for a cheaper price.
Makes sense. Quite a coincidence. A colleague of mine from Germany just mentioned how Russians have been purchasing sought after and prime real estate in Europe, including Switzerland, Austria, South of France, etc. etc. We've been focusing so much on China, Russia seems to have been invading the rest of the world as well. They definitely have a very powerful presence in Dubai that I've seen for myself as well. Alongside China. Ditto Yemen.
jmlworld
Thank you America for showing us that you mean business whenever you do something. Also thank you America for defeating the evil empires.
speeDemon
thank you America for Jackson Guitars... \m/ Razz Very Happy
mahirh
seriously, when was the last time you have seen "made in america" on a product of good quality requiring hard labor?
deanhills
mahirh wrote:
seriously, when was the last time you have seen "made in america" on a product of good quality requiring hard labor?
Plenty of software from Microsoft, Adobe, etc. etc., the guy who started YouTube is also from the States. Etc. Etc. I would imagine if you work your way through all of the weapons that are being used quite a number have been made in America.
mahirh
deanhills wrote:
mahirh wrote:
Plenty of software from Microsoft, Adobe, etc. etc., the guy who started YouTube is also from the States. Etc. Etc. I would imagine if you work your way through all of the weapons that are being used quite a number have been made in America.

i should have mentioned physical, but you can always outsource developers cant you?
ocalhoun
mahirh wrote:

On a 30.06 hunting rifle.

There's also food... The USA is still a very significant agricultural producer, and that requires a lot of hard labor (imported from Mexico, mainly).
deanhills
mahirh wrote:
i should have mentioned physical, but you can always outsource developers cant you?
Probably could, but so far I think Microsoft is sourcing its developers locally. As far as I know, I'm open to correction.
Very Happy
mahirh
ocalhoun wrote:

That is because everyone is afraid of terrorist allegations i would say
ocalhoun
mahirh wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:

That is because everyone is afraid of terrorist allegations i would say

It was made in 1997.

So, no, not likely due to terrorist fears.
mahirh
ocalhoun wrote:

what i meant to say was that other country would dare to manafacture such stuff fearing terrorist allegations
ocalhoun
mahirh wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:

what i meant to say was that other country would dare to manafacture such stuff fearing terrorist allegations

Lots of countries manufacture guns... And nobody is going to accuse your country of being terrorism just because a hunting rifle was made there.

Personally, I own guns made in Mexico, China, Croatia, Romania, Russia... (Plus some gun parts made in Yugoslavia... A lot of the former Soviet states manufacture copies of soviet guns and sell them.)
Although I don't own any, I can also think of Turkey, Italy, Czech Republic, and Canada as other prominent gun manufacturing countries.

A lot of those countries produce guns a lot more 'terrorist like' than a standard hunting rifle, and they don't get accused of being terrorists.
mukesh
Yes thank you America for Movies and more......